• The doctor is in

Question about going in February

It looks like I am finalizing my trip for February and will be in the parks Thursday-Saturday. In a way this is good because I should have some extended hours at least one or two days and potentially fireworks. However, I do know that Fantasmic will be closed during my week in California. That is a big bummer since I love it, but you survive. I'm also going to miss Pirates and Splash Mountain.

My question is, how are fireworks handled when not paired with Fantasmic? Do they run around the same time as usual and then the rest of the night just plays out like normal or do they run later than they would when paired with Fantasmic? Do the fireworks run twice? I highly doubt they would run twice but you never know. Anyone experienced the parks on a weekend without Fantasmic that can give me an idea on what to expect?
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Question about going in February

I sure there is an old schedule out there.

IIRC they were early, like 8:30 or :45 last year.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

During the Jan-Mar off-season, fireworks are typically weekends only at 8:40pm.

Unfortunately, they still run just once per night. Fortunately they will be Remember... Dreams Come True! Hope this helps!
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

• Artistic integrity

prepare yourself for rain.

After all .. Jan and Feb are typically, So Cal's wettest two months for the whole year.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• The doctor is in

Thanks for the info, guys. I will be sure to plan for fireworks and will probably catch them on Saturday.

And I will prepare for rain. I'll go buy a couple cheap rain ponchos and put them in my luggage.

• The doctor is in

Another thing that popped in my head... I know POTC is supposed to be closed, but will the Blue Bayou still be operating? I was planning on eating lunch there my first day but I wondered if the restaurant would shut down if the ride was closed.

I ask because of the possibility that construction or maintenance going on inside Pirates could be visible from the restaurant.

• Under that tree again!

Maybe but I doubt it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

I'm not aware of Blue Bayou ever being open when Pirates is closed.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Thanks for the info, guys. I will be sure to plan for fireworks and will probably catch them on Saturday.

And I will prepare for rain. I'll go buy a couple cheap rain ponchos and put them in my luggage.
    Weather in February can be weird. We went prepared for rain & cold last year, but ended up wearing capris, tshirts & flip-flops during the day & changed to jeans, tshirts, & hoodies at night.

February=prepare for the potential of any kind of weather, except maybe real hot weather.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    I'm not aware of Blue Bayou ever being open when Pirates is closed.
    Ugh, this is why we can't have nice things.

Oh well. Maybe this trip will be the one I will splurge and reserve at Carthay Circle.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Ugh, this is why we can't have nice things.

Oh well. Maybe this trip will be the one I will splurge and reserve at Carthay Circle.
    Don't worry, if you want to eat at Blue Bayou go ahead, just be ready that it may not be the same if they are working on it.

Carthay Circle is good so it may be worth dining there instead even if both are open. If it sounds expensive they are roughly the same price except that at BB the sides are included as is a first course. At CC the starters are a bit more than $10 and sides are about $8, so you can not opt for those if a lighter meal is ok. Plus CC has alcohol so that can raise the tab a lot more than the non alchol options of BB.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Don't worry, if you want to eat at Blue Bayou go ahead, just be ready that it may not be the same if they are working on it.

Carthay Circle is good so it may be worth dining there instead even if both are open. If it sounds expensive they are roughly the same price except that at BB the sides are included as is a first course. At CC the starters are a bit more than $10 and sides are about $8, so you can not opt for those if a lighter meal is ok. Plus CC has alcohol so that can raise the tab a lot more than the non alchol options of BB.
    Thanks for the input. I am considering Carthay Circle, Ariel's Grotto, or Steakhouse 55. I usually do one expensive dinner or lunch during my trip as a treat to myself and it probably wouldn't hurt me to try something different this time around.