• Wishing upon a star....

Question Fantasmic Dessert

Does anyone know what the current Fantasmic dessert box includes? Is it any good? We have reservations for 12/26 and I wanted to make sure to prepare my group's expectations if it is not going to be that great. I am hoping that will not be the case considering it is $60 a person.

Re: Fantasmic Dessert

I haven't done it in a while, but I enjoyed it. The box of desserts isn't worth $60, but I liked having reserved seats, in real chairs, and not having to wait for hours to get a good seat. Also, you get hot chocolate and coffee brought to your seat while you wait for it to start.

I hope you enjoy the show!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

We did the Fantasmic premium viewing in November. The dessert box was a large tray-like box with a lid. Inside each box were some crackers and cheeses as well as various chocolates. Each of us picked through our box and chose a couple of things to munch on. After the show, we consolidated the leftover contents (a lot!) of the boxes into one box.

I didn't tell our group there would be dessert boxes so they wouldn't be disappointed if they were not impressed by them. As it turned out, they were surprised that they got unexpected dessert boxes, but not very impressed by the boxes' contents.
    Last edited by evergreen; 12-19-2013 at 12:57 PM.

• Mistress of Evil

We did it this year. Not sure if you can consider the experience worth $60pp, but it is a nice splurge. There is a lot in the box so I suggest having a light snack for dinner that night.
    The box has crackers, cheeses, grapes, truffles, mini cheesecake, mini chocolate decadence cake, raspberry filled sugar cookie...and a few others I can't remember off hand.

• Workin to live,lovin life

I have to agree that this experience is definitely worth the $60pp! I'd say don't even tell them about the unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. It was a great surprise for me and my date!

I hope you got the later showing! If I recall correctly, they let you sit before the fireworks go off. So you it's two shows in one!

• Wishing upon a star....

Thank you so much! It seems like it will be worth it to have a chair and a great view. They did tell me you can sit at 9:30 for the 10:30 show so you can see the fireworks, so I think after a long day on the 26th if we like any parts of the beverage service or the dessert box it will just be a bonus. As always, thanks for the valuable feedback.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf75 View Post
    Thank you so much! It seems like it will be worth it to have a chair and a great view. They did tell me you can sit at 9:30 for the 10:30 show so you can see the fireworks, so I think after a long day on the 26th if we like any parts of the beverage service or the dessert box it will just be a bonus. As always, thanks for the valuable feedback.
    The previous poster was incorrect. If you are at the 9pm showing, you can remain seated for the 930 fireworks...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Resident of the Caldera

Just reconfirming: those who see the first show can stay for the fireworks. They don't seat the second show until after the fireworks are finished.

It is not inexpensive, however after a long day at the park there is no better way to end it than sitting comfortably, happily stuffing your face with a box of goodies, while watching the wonderful Fantasmic as it can be presented only at Disneyland.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.