• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Trip Questions - Bottled Water and World of Color Dining Options

Hey all,

Hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season. My girlfriend and I are going to be traveling to the Disneyland Resort in March. We were wondering what brand of bottled water the parks have available and how much it usually costs. Is it the same at the OVC locations and quick service locations?

Also, as far as World of Color Dining Package options, we were wondering which of the restaurants/packages may be able to accommodate vegetarians. Wine Country Trattoria looks like they have a really good sounding panini on their menu, but we weren't sure if it would be available with the dining package. Ariel's Grotto would mostly work except for some of the food on the appetizer tower. Finally, the menu I found for Carthay Circle Theater Restaurant suggests that they currently have no vegetarian options. We just wanted to check and see what was available because our reservation window opens soon.

Thanks!

•   
    • Minion

Re: Trip Questions - Bottled Water and World of Color Dining Options

The bottled water is Dasani and it's usually $2.79. And it's yucky. I have never seen anything other than Dasani.

If you have your own travel water bottle, you can bring it into the park and fill it up at the many water fountains. There are also two spigots that I know of; one by the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square, and one by Tomorrowland Terrace. And YES, bringing a fill-able bottle is allowed!

The only thing the bottled water has over bringing your own is that it's cold...but you can get around that by putting lots of ice in your bottle in the morning. What I usually do is just entirely fill my Nalgene bottle with ice and top it up at the spigots as it melts.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Is the water from the water fountains/spigots better than Dasani or about the same? What about the bottled water available is yucky?

Thank you for your help!

•   
    • Minion

The only thing, IMHO, that the Dasani has over your own water is that it's cold. The water from the spigots and fountains is cold, but not icy icy cold the way the Dasani is. You can get around this by putting ice in your bottle. I usually fill my Nalgene bottle with ice in the morning and top it up at the spigots as it melts throughout the day.

I think some restaurants will also give you a cup of ice that you can use to refill your bottle, but I'm not sure how that works.

Dasani just always tastes off to me. It doesn't have that 'clean' taste you find in other bottled waters. It's distilled water and not spring water, and it's bottled locally as far as I know - so it's just distilled City of Anaheim/Orange County water, the same stuff you'd get from the tap.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
    • Minion

I should also add that local water tastes pretty good - Dasani adds stuff to it which changes the taste.

I hope you will enjoy Disneyland! Merry Christmas!
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

My understanding is that all of the restaurants have a vegetarian option for the dining packages. It's not necessarily always the same, but when you call and make the reservation you can ask the person about it. They'll actually ask you when you book if there are any dietary restrictions. Also, last I checked the menus on the DL website are the general menu; they don't display the Prix Fixe menu that is used with the dining packages, although google will show plenty sites reporting it. But potentially, they can change at any time, so who knows.

I haven't done the dining package yet, but when I booked my reservation and mentioned vegetarianism the person on the phone asked if we needed the specifics of the menu for allergies or anything, but we said no, since she'd already confirmed there are vegetarian options, we just left it at that.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The only thing, IMHO, that the Dasani has over your own water is that it's cold. The water from the spigots and fountains is cold, but not icy icy cold the way the Dasani is. You can get around this by putting ice in your bottle. I usually fill my Nalgene bottle with ice in the morning and top it up at the spigots as it melts throughout the day.

I think some restaurants will also give you a cup of ice that you can use to refill your bottle, but I'm not sure how that works.

Dasani just always tastes off to me. It doesn't have that 'clean' taste you find in other bottled waters. It's distilled water and not spring water, and it's bottled locally as far as I know - so it's just distilled City of Anaheim/Orange County water, the same stuff you'd get from the tap.
    Dasani is bottled in LA so it is LA tap water.

Anaheim tap water is similar to LA that it is a mixture of water from Northern California and the Colorado River. But also added into the mid is ground water which sits a few miles below the northern third of Orange County.

• Mischievous Mouse

My suggestion is you bring a personal water filter bottle (e.g. Britta®) and you can always bring a small bottle of concentrated lemon juice or Crystal light® and that will help the flaver where the filter leaves off. I'm a big water person, and have a really sensitive taste for water.

Hope this helps

_

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The bottled water is Dasani and it's usually $2.79. And it's yucky. I have never seen anything other than Dasani.
    I have also seen larger bottles of Smart Water.

• Disney Philosopher

The reality on Dansani is it is a Coca Cola product. It is bottled utilizing local tap water and reverse osmosis and charcol filtering. As there are many Coke bottlers, all of them are actually independents, around it could be from anywhere Coke bottles.

Also you can get FREE ice water from any Disney restraunt (Club 33 excepted) or food establishment.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

There is also a water spigot by the tables at Rancho del Zocalo that we use to refill our water bottles. We always just bring our own bottle to refill.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Dasani is bottled in LA so it is LA tap water.

Anaheim tap water is similar to LA that it is a mixture of water from Northern California and the Colorado River. But also added into the mid is ground water which sits a few miles below the northern third of Orange County.
    Its also a coke product which is why its the only one you see. Disney does let you bring in your own water. That's what I recommend. NOT in a cooler, but in a back pack or stroller.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Is the water from the water fountains/spigots better than Dasani or about the same? What about the bottled water available is yucky?

Thank you for your help!
    The water from the fountains is horrible! SoCal water is disgusting.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror