Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Toontown too washed out

I guess they could go with the Steamboat Willie theme and paint everything black & white. They already have the B & W Mickey costume from Fantasmic.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Space Mountain looks like a rancor took a dump on it.
    Awesome line!

You could also have used: "And I thought it smelled bad...
    ...on the outside.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I guess they could go with the Steamboat Willie theme and paint everything black & white. They already have the B & W Mickey costume from Fantasmic.
    Ah, dreams of an expanded Toontown with a separate B&W "ghetto" for the older creatures and a new ride...
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I like the idea of re-naming it Mickey's Land.

• Former DLR Cast Member

I think a possible problem with shuttering Toontown and replacing it with something else, such as expanding Fantasyland into it, would be considering the cost to attendance ratio they use for the attractions. If they invest X amount of dollars, they want to know that the area will eat X amount of people per hour and per day. The problem with the Toontown area is that it needs to be completely shut down every day there are fireworks. Which would inevitably reduce the amount of people the said investment would eat per day.

Also.. if you want to add additonal attractions, such as a couple dark rides, you don't have too much land to work with. The TDA offices just about push up against the Million Dollar Wall.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere"

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerAtHeart View Post
    Also.. if you want to add additonal attractions, such as a couple dark rides, you don't have too much land to work with. The TDA offices just about push up against the Million Dollar Wall.
    And how many guests would miss the TDA offices compared with what could go there? Sadly, the building is much nicer than what goes on inside.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Former DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    And how many guests would miss the TDA offices compared with what could go there? Sadly, the building is much nicer than what goes on inside.
    It would be a greater overall experience for the guests. I agree that the guests would have no idea that TDA was moved, or would care. The point being though, it adds a whole new layer of costs and logistics.

That "area" of the park is just a mess to work with due to all the constraints. It would take a fantastic idea to get Disney to invest in redoing it all.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere"

Quote Originally Posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    Yeah, Disney does do a lot of regular cleaning up around the park, but Toon Town seems to be something of an exception for whatever reason. I was at Donald's boat, and I was really disappointed to find the periscope extremely clouded.

I feel like they might as well expand Fantasyland, which would only beg the question of the Mickey/Minnie houses. But I really think a Fantasyland expansion is something that's begging to happen. Toon Town is inspired by Roger Rabbit and Disney Afternoon, which most kids today don't know about. But if we got a new corner of Fantasyland dedicated to more recent films, I'd be pretty happy.
    I totally agree with the whole Fantasyland expansion thing.In my opinion, I don't think Mickey and Minnie's houses are a big deal.I'm sure they can make room for a permanent meet-and-greet somewhere in the park.

• Minion

ORWEN: Toon Town should NEVER go away! It's where Mickey Mouse lives, after all! It's also where one of my favorite rabbits lives. So just perish the thought! I mean, it's bad enough that poor Mickey, Minnie and Donald all lost their homes in Florida! Don't make them homeless in California, too!

ORDDU: As for fading paint, it wasn't so long ago that Sleeping Beauty's castle sat there for several years in an equally faded condition until the 50th anniversary rolled around. I think that paint in California isn't as durable because of laws which forbid paint with a lead base to be used or sold there. So that's at least part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    The easy fix would be to expand Fantasyland into Toon Town and move Roger Rabbit over to Hollywoodland in DCA to help that section of the park.
    I agree with the Roger Rabbit transfer but I have an idea for what the Toon Town area could become. I think they should replace Winnie the Pooh with an updated version of the Country Bear Jamboree and turn Toon Town into Hundred Acre Wood with an updated Winnie the Pooh attraction, a well-themed meet-and-greet area, one or two dining areas (one for lunch and one for desert) themed to certain characters, and a nice play area for the children.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    The area isn't nicely themed.
    Are you serious? Everything in the land has massive detail. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin even has arguably the best queue in Disneyland. The doors have their gags, the houses are extraordinarily detailed, and the buildings are on point.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

•   

My idea would be a a indoor land kind of like the The little mermaid lagoon land at Tokyo Disney Sea. The reason i like the indoor land cause they would not have to close that part of land early cause of the firework.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    The easy fix would be to expand Fantasyland into Toon Town and move Roger Rabbit over to Hollywoodland in DCA to help that section of the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by hanshotfirst77 View Post
    I agree with the Roger Rabbit transfer but I have an idea for what the Toon Town area could become. I think they should replace Winnie the Pooh with an updated version of the Country Bear Jamboree and turn Toon Town into Hundred Acre Wood with an updated Winnie the Pooh attraction, a well-themed meet-and-greet area, one or two dining areas (one for lunch and one for desert) themed to certain characters, and a nice play area for the children.
    Best idea to date.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Disney Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Are you serious? Everything in the land has massive detail. Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin even has arguably the best queue in Disneyland. The doors have their gags, the houses are extraordinarily detailed, and the buildings are on point.
    100% agree
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerAtHeart View Post

The maintenance buildings and entertainment buildings are up against the wall, TDA is quite a bit futher.

Either way you cant expand any further than where toontown ends now. Fantasyland offices are in the library of toon town, right on the other side of the door.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast