Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Close enough to the DLR to keep me satisfied.

Toontown too washed out

Am I the only one who thinks that Mickeyís Toontown seriously needs a new coat of paint or something? I understand itís probably really hard to keep it maintained in the bright California sun, but it just looks really run-down and super faded(which is ironically sorta the opposite of what Toontown is supposed to be like: super vibrant and bright)

I remember hearing somewhere that Mickeyís Toontown was supposed to be a temporary attraction, so Iím wondering if maybe itís been originally painted intending to last like 5 years, but itís now being stretched out into like 20?

Other idea is Iím also wondering if maybe Disneyís thinking about getting rid of Toontown and expanding Fantasyland like in MK?(this is just an idea I have; there is absolutely no factual basis of this theory except for just speculation)

• Minion

Re: Toontown too washed out

I like the idea of expanding Fantasyland. And Welcome to MiceChat.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Mickey’s Toontown seriously needs a new coat of paint or something? I understand it’s probably really hard to keep it maintained in the bright California sun, but it just looks really run-down and super faded(which is ironically sorta the opposite of what Toontown is supposed to be like: super vibrant and bright)

I remember hearing somewhere that Mickey’s Toontown was supposed to be a temporary attraction, so I’m wondering if maybe it’s been originally painted intending to last like 5 years, but it’s now being stretched out into like 20?

Other idea is I’m also wondering if maybe Disney’s thinking about getting rid of Toontown and expanding Fantasyland like in MK?(this is just an idea I have; there is absolutely no factual basis of this theory except for just speculation)
    You may be confused with Mickey's Toon Town Fair in Florida. Toon Town here was not built to be temporary.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Not the Fallen

I am not fond of it either. I would imagine the sun doesn't help with the paint job.

Would be nice to expand Fantasyland, or put something new in the area.

Business must really be hurting if Disney can not hire a few painters to fix these issues. Even if they were going to get rid of Toontown, I'm surprised by the poor standard of quality that Disney stands for. I was there this past April & could really see how faded the colors are. I do not think they will expand Fantasyland, but I hope they do some major refurbishment or close it down & re-imagine the entire Toontown area.

Yeah, Disney does do a lot of regular cleaning up around the park, but Toon Town seems to be something of an exception for whatever reason. I was at Donald's boat, and I was really disappointed to find the periscope extremely clouded.

I feel like they might as well expand Fantasyland, which would only beg the question of the Mickey/Minnie houses. But I really think a Fantasyland expansion is something that's begging to happen. Toon Town is inspired by Roger Rabbit and Disney Afternoon, which most kids today don't know about. But if we got a new corner of Fantasyland dedicated to more recent films, I'd be pretty happy.

Close enough to the DLR to keep me satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    You may be confused with Mickey's Toon Town Fair in Florida. Toon Town here was not built to be temporary.
    Oh, nevermind then. Must be my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    Yeah, Disney does do a lot of regular cleaning up around the park, but Toon Town seems to be something of an exception for whatever reason. I was at Donald's boat, and I was really disappointed to find the periscope extremely clouded.

I feel like they might as well expand Fantasyland, which would only beg the question of the Mickey/Minnie houses. But I really think a Fantasyland expansion is something that's begging to happen. Toon Town is inspired by Roger Rabbit and Disney Afternoon, which most kids today don't know about. But if we got a new corner of Fantasyland dedicated to more recent films, I'd be pretty happy.
    My suspicion was then that they were planning on getting rid of it if they're not bothering to fix it up, but it's been faded like this for years and there's no sign of them planning on repainting it or getting rid of it for good.

I feel like the purpose of the Mickey/Minnie houses were primarily just character meet-and-greets, since there's not a ton that's super innovative inside the houses themselves. There could be other places to meet those characters worked into an updated Fantasyland.

• Indiana Scott

I'm not sure since I haven't set foot in it during the last two trips. I do remember some of the rocks sure needed repainting..
    Painted rocks - sheesh!

• Under that tree again!

I don't like Toontown too much, and often consider it a non-land of the lands.

I could do without half of it, the other half I want to keep half of and the other halves could have a change of venue. I like the meet and greet houses but they could get a home elsewhere. I like Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. The Gadget Go Coaster is pretty sad, I like the low height limit, but its capacity is awful. The rest of the play areas fill a need but could have any theme.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Not the Hawkguy

The easy fix would be to expand Fantasyland into Toon Town and move Roger Rabbit over to Hollywoodland in DCA to help that section of the park.

Disney's as likely to do something with Roger Rabbit as they are Dick Tracy or the Rocketeer. It'd be awesome, but it's never happening.

As for the paint, it isn't just Toontown. Disneyland isn't THAT well-maintained these days. You can find chipped and faded paint everywhere. Space Mountain looks like a rancor took a dump on it.

• Indiana Scott

Disney had done a lot of repainting over the last year. The problem is they wait until an attraction is badly in need of work and then they repaint it. They need to address the issue before it gets that bad. They need to keep up more with the day to day wear on the park.

They need to just get rid of the whole area. I don't have kids or anything but the area is awfully boring. The roger rabbit ride is cool, but really its an outdated movie.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhbau View Post
    The roger rabbit ride is cool, but really its an outdated movie.
    Who you calling outdated? Is Peter Pan outdated? What about Snow white? Sleeping Beauty? Cinderella? ???

a non-land of the lands.
    SO stealing that phrase!
    Is Peter Pan outdated? What about Snow white? Sleeping Beauty? Cinderella?
    None of which have their own Lands. Toontown is the only Land built around one movie and the expedience of having one place for all the meet and greets for the characters from the Disney shorts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast