Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Christmas Parade promoting Magic Bands and FP+

I watched last year and this year and I enjoyed it much less this year. So much so that I doubt I will watch again next year. Too much performances and infomercials about Disney vacations and not enough parade. When there was parade footage the canned cheering was a little absurd. If it's like this next year I won't bother to watch after the first few minutes.

• The doctor is in

When I saw the Magic Bands promotion I started laughing. I explained to my family how they've been negatively received and how my brother hated them.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• No Disassemble!

Did anyone get a count of how many times Samantha Brown shoehorned the phrase Fastpass Plus into every single sentence? That and the canned cheering were really low moments for this year's program.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The only good parts of the whole thing for me was the opening number and the bits with Darth Vader. Neil Patrick Harris is a Disney fan and it totally shows. He's the perfect host and I hope he sticks around as host for a long time. Nick Cannon, on the other hand, is lame beyond belief and needs to go! He over-acts, butchers the cue cards... need I say more?

The rest of the parade was total, blatant, shameless promotion. It's about 85% filler and 15% actual worth watching content. I recorded it on the DVR so I could watch later and I'm glad I did because I fast-forwarded through most of it. I got through a 2 hour broadcast in about an hour. I didn't know who half the performers are and the ones I did know of, they're not my cuppa, so I passed on those too.

The funniest part was the DisneyParks and WDW twitter accounts were tweeting as if they were trying to pass the broadcast off as if it were LIVE! Don't they realize most of us know they taped the whole thing 3 weeks prior? It hasn't been a live broadcast in 20 years at least. Does anyone remember the last year it was actually live? While we're at it, who here remembers when they also had an Easter parade broadcast which was also live?

• Minion

Can't say how happy I missed the infomercial. Let me know when Disney decides to selloff its parks to Universal or Six Flags

• Nutty about Disney parks

The Disney Parks advertisements didn't surprise me except for that artificial montage where some of the Disney teen stars where enjoying the parks and then had a discussion about Disney Vacation Club. What teen talks like that? LOL

Samantha Brown advertising Magic Band made me laugh but what can you do, eh? Makes me miss her Travel Channel hotel show.

I really wish that they filmed the parade live. It just doesn't feel the same when it's taped.

• Former Churro Jockey

I actually thought she did a great job considering that Disney forced her to say the full name Fastpass Plus every time she mentioned the bands, as well as the full proper names of every other thing she talked about. She did make them seem fun and exciting and hassle free, which of course is what is most important to anyone going on vacation. Not a fan of the longer hair though.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I really wish that they filmed the parade live. It just doesn't feel the same when it's taped.
    I agree. It would be a nice change of pace to be able to watch it live.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• No Light, No Light

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The Disney Parks advertisements didn't surprise me except for that artificial montage where some of the Disney teen stars where enjoying the parks and then had a discussion about Disney Vacation Club. What teen talks like that? LOL

Samantha Brown advertising Magic Band made me laugh but what can you do, eh? Makes me miss her Travel Channel hotel show.

That was the worst! What was it that she said?

"Guys, I have a secret...I pre-ordered the Disney Vacation DVD, so I knew exactly which rides and attractions I wanted to visit," as she expertly holds up the folder so the flap opens and the DVD slides out just so. And what did she mean by wanting to ride all of her old favorites at Disneyland, "and all the new ones, too"? Since this was after they park-hopped from DCA, she wasn't talking about Cars Land. Indy was probably built before she was born! Star Tours 2? The whole thing was so bad it was funny.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The program is obviously directed at those who have never visited either resort before. I am sure there are many families out there that fall in to that category.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The program is obviously directed at those who have never visited either resort before. I am sure there are many families out there that fall in to that category.
    That is something chatters often forget. We are experts, general guests are not.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    That was the worst! What was it that she said?

"Guys, I have a secret...I pre-ordered the Disney Vacation DVD, so I knew exactly which rides and attractions I wanted to visit," as she expertly holds up the folder so the flap opens and the DVD slides out just so. And what did she mean by wanting to ride all of her old favorites at Disneyland, "and all the new ones, too"? Since this was after they park-hopped from DCA, she wasn't talking about Cars Land. Indy was probably built before she was born! Star Tours 2? The whole thing was so bad it was funny.
    Actually, as horrible, fake, and shameless as that segment was, busting out the DVD sent me into hysterics.

While WDW is wasting billions on MyMagic+ and Samantha Brown is spending a 5 minute infomercial saying "You can go on Expedition Everest... but with a bracelet!!!", Disneyland comes on after and says "Hey I watched this DVD before I came and knew what rides to go on so I got to do everything I wanted to."

As for the canned laughter, it's been that way for years. It has more to do with the fact that they're filming these things on like 10 takes per segment and stitching them together like Frankenstein. They simply can't use live audio at that rate. In some years the audio engineering is real bad and when the host delivers their lines you can hear the live parade music and how it doesn't match the timing being played on the broadcast.

It also leads to all sorts of continuity errors within the broadcast with stuff in the background and in the act just changing back and forth during numbers. For some dumb reason they kept having NPH throw it to the castle stage and you can clearly see it right behind him without a big crowd but in the split screen shot it's full of screaming fans. During the Teen Beach Movie number the big flash mob at the end literally comes out of nowhere because in one shot there are flags blocking the background but you can still see through them and nothing's behind it and then suddenly the flags are gone and the kids are all there.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Here's the shameless moment where NPH advertises Magic Band.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

I really don't want the magic bands to come to Disneyland. Then, people who don't have them will be angry when they did not plan in advance. I know I would. Walt would not appreciate these.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Greetings, Program!

I still don't know what it means to "show your Disney side".
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast