Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frozen Meet and Greet

Just a quick question guys,
    We'll be visiting the parks on Jan 4th - 9th. I just want to know if the Frozen Meet and Greet will still be there on the 7th onwards. I looked in the website and it doesn't say anything about it and the times displayed is only until Monday the 6th. Another thing, will the Saturday the 4th be craaazy crowded? We're planning to do Magic Morning at 7AM! What time should we be at the bag check? 6:30 AM enough?? Thanks guys.

• Minion

Re: Frozen Meet and Greet

If the website doesn't say anything, then you're probably safe. In terms of crowds on that Saturday, it should be very busy, but not "sardine can" crowds like it is historically on Dec. 27, 28, and 29. On Jan. 6- 9, the crowds should decrease dramatically because the park is entering the off season.

• Queen Elsa

Can't really say. I was there yesturday and they didn't have Anna or Elsa out at all. There meet and greet was close. My friend when today and he said they where doing meet and greet again. There has been rumors that they are sopost to stay at DLand until the hoilday is over. I hope this is not true send how proberll [ms] this movie has become and send Elsa is alot of peoples favorite out of the two. She is mine favorite.

I'm sure they'll be there for quite some time. Rapunzel was in her same spot from 2010 until a few months ago. As for Magic Mornings, I recently stayed at the Grand Californian and woke up at 7:10, went downstairs and rode Racers twice, Luigi's, and Tower of Terror within the hour.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!

It looks like a fair amount of effort was put into this M&G, for what it is, so I doubt that it will be going away anytime soon. If the movie had tanked at the box office, then maybe the M&G would have been swept under the rug early, but the movie is already a big hit and is still going strong.

When we were at the parks the weekend of 12/14 we got into line early to meet Anna & Elsa - 9:50 for an 11 am opening. Took turns with my husband to wait it out. While waiting I actually spoke with an imagineer who worked on Olaf for the film & the meet & greet. I think his name was Michael. He was there to check in on Olaf & to see the crowds reaction when he "woke up".

He stated that they actually did a very "light" treatment for the meet & great: not knowing how the movie would do or what the reactions would be to Anna & Elsa. He said they didn't know if it was going to stay open & would be based upon fan reactions.

While we were there for 5 days the line was continually 90+ to 180 min to meet them.

It was a great experience for our Frozen obsessed little girl.

A long term Cast Member host also said they were thinking of changing Anna's dress to the coronation gown. Elsa's dress is certainly stealing the show (not to mention her power!). We had a hard time tracking down an Elsa costume.
    Last edited by ELD; 12-28-2013 at 11:19 PM.

I'm so glad to hear that the M&G will (hopefully) be going strong then! I'll be there on the 4th and 5th and Elsa is my favorite too, so my goal is to take a picture with her!
    "The cold never bothered me anyway." ~Elsa, Frozen

Wow! You waited since 9:50? So what time did you actually get to meet them? If I'm going on a weekday and I start waiting since 10 AM, do you think I'll be done by 12?

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    When we were at the parks the weekend of 12/14 we got into line early to meet Anna & Elsa - 9:50 for an 11 am opening. Took turns with my husband to wait it out. While waiting I actually spoke with an imagineer who worked on Olaf for the film & the meet & greet. I think his name was Michael. He was there to check in on Olaf & to see the crowds reaction when he "woke up".

He stated that they actually did a very "light" treatment for the meet & great: not knowing how the movie would do or what the reactions would be to Anna & Elsa. He said they didn't know if it was going to stay open & would be based upon fan reactions.

While we were there for 5 days the line was continually 90+ to 180 min to meet them.

It was a great experience for our Frozen obsessed little girl.

A long term Cast Member host also said they were thinking of changing Anna's dress to the coronation gown. Elsa's dress is certainly stealing the show (not to mention her power!). We had a hard time tracking down an Elsa costume.
    Yes this is great news as well. I'll be back at DLand on my birthday in Jan. so I want to see my new favorite Queen Elsa some more. I only have met her twice where as with Anna I have met 4 times.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by soyukamaru View Post
    Wow! You waited since 9:50? So what time did you actually get to meet them? If I'm going on a weekday and I start waiting since 10 AM, do you think I'll be done by 12?
    I was there on Dec. 27th and the CM that was there told me that the lines can get up to 3 hours at time to see them. So it depins how it gose that day.

In line at 9:50 am, meet & greet opens at 11 am, we met with them at 11:15. We were told that Elsa is usually on a break in the afternoons from 3-4 pm.

They are very very popular!

We went back on Monday 12/18 to see about getting in line again - checking it out at 11:10 am. Line was already at 2 hrs. We didn't wait again!

The parks were very busy the whole 5 days - we did Magic Morning or rope drop every day.

Thank goodness, I thought you'll still need to wait for about 2 hours even though you start lining up before 10. I wonder if it's OK for me/my husband to start lining up while my kids go on rides nearby? And they can join us later when it's almost 11? I imagine it's not gonna be fun waiting for more than 1 hour with 2 small children.

We always trade off on the meet & greet lines. I don't think it's realistic for a young child to wait in line for that long. Everyone around us that waited in line also was switching on & off with the kiddos. It was also pretty darn warm in full sun when we were there: even early in the day.

Video of Anna & Elsa meeting our daughter!

While waiting I actually spoke with an imagineer who worked on Olaf for the film & the meet & greet. I think his name was Michael.
    For the film AND the M&G?

He was there to check in on Olaf & to see the crowds reaction when he "woke up".
    Cast members like to watch guests react to Olaf while exiting Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

Well, it isn't a full treatment like at Fantasy Faire, but they could have done less, so this in combination with the success of the movie at the box office and the popularity of the M&G most likely means that it will be around for a good while.

Or they may have to commandeer Fantasy Faire and use several pairs of Annas and Elsas.

Anna's coronation gown, while more understated than Elsa's dress, is beautiful, but personally I prefer that the princesses wear whatever suits them best. For Anna that would be what she is wearing now, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind her wearing her coronation gown, though.

As for Elsa, her dress looks fine, but doesn't her hair (wig in real life) look way too white? Elsa's hair is supposed to be a pale or light blonde, but definitely NOT white. Now, the streak in Anna's hair IS actually supposed to be white, but it's no longer present at the end of the movie (although it's OK to keep it as a distinguishing characteristic, just like how Rapunzel still has long magically-golden hair and Ariel is sometimes still a mermaid).

I've checked Disneyland website again, and the Frozen Meet & Greet is still not listed on Jan 7th onwards. The last date it is listed seem to be Jan 6th from 11AM - 4:30PM. Not only that, I also looked at other meet and greets. All of them are not listed on Jan 7th. Fantasy Faire, Merida, Pixie Hollow, Duffy all say "No times available". Does it mean that there would be NO meet and greets at all after the holiday season? Or is it simply not updated yet on the website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast