Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2fer changed???

• Banned User

2fer changed???

Why is it now that you can only visit 1 park a day now? Before you could enter DCA and DL on the same day. We were looking forward to having 2 friends go to both parks on the same day. When we got there we noticed on the ticket that you cannot go to both parks on the same day. I thought this was the worst thing they have ever done to the 2fer and it should be changed back.

• Defeats the Huns

Re: 2fer changed???

The "2fer" ticket has always been one park one day, the other park the next day. This is the special promotional ticket for Southern California Residents (zip code 90000 - 93555) and is the same price as a Regular One Day admission pass. It has been like this since its inception. They are $59 per adults, $49 per child (ages 3-9).

the 1-Day Park Hopper is a totally different thing. The 1-Day Park Hopper allows you to go to both parks in the same day. They are $79 per adult, $69 per child (ages 3-9).

• Closed Account

^ yup, it has always been one park on seperate days. It was and is an attempt to introduce people to DCA.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

And while the OFFICIAL policy has always been one park per day, on two different days, I have heard of no change in the fact that as a courtesy, the turnstyle CM's will let you use the "second" day as a ParkHopper.

The reason for the official policy is that it ends up being two attendance counts, one for each park, even if the "second" day is used on the same day as the first. Disney REALLY wants those DCA turnstyle counts.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wrs28220
    ^ yup, it has always been one park on seperate days. It was and is an attempt to introduce people to DCA.
    The original SoCal 2 day, Single Park ticket allowed you to use both days at Disneyland. Disney hoped that people would visit DCA, but found out that a LOT of folks did use both days at Disneyland. They changed the rules to require you to go to DCA, and then found out that people were not willing to pay the few extra dollars (around $10) for the second day, and switched to the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" price, so basically the SoCal folks asking for a discount got the 2fer instead.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Just to clarify what Darkbeer said ...

You can usually go to DL first then go to DCA later on the same day. But it's not a "Hopper" ticket. Once you go in to DCA you can no longer go into DL.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

2fer's always been like that...

Horray, this is my 300th post

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    And while the OFFICIAL policy has always been one park per day, on two different days, I have heard of no change in the fact that as a courtesy, the turnstyle CM's will let you use the "second" day as a ParkHopper.
    This has always been my experience with family and friends getting the 2fer. The turnstyle CM's just warn you repeatedly that this will void the second day if you use it to enter both parks in the same day. Although I'm not sure if they don't let you back into the first park though.

• out & about

Everytime My friends have purchased a 2fer they were allowed into both parks in the same day and were even allowed to go back and forth!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    Everytime My friends have purchased a 2fer they were allowed into both parks in the same day and were even allowed to go back and forth!
    Exactly!!! But we were told by the DL ticket lady that it was changed so you cannot do that anymore. We were told that we were allowed to choose 1 park today and another park on a totally separate day. They said we could not visit both parks on the same day.

• love my friends

yep this is the way it has always been

Friends for life

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    yep this is the way it has always been
    Well if I previously got into both parks on the same day then how can it be the same if they are not letting us do that anymore?

• All you need is LOVE

2fer Ticket The 2fer ticket is the best way to experience our 50th Anniversary as it kicks into high gear! With the 2fer ticket, you can enjoy the celebration in Disneyland park on one day and in Disney's California Adventure park on another day FREE!

from www.disneyland.com

• My Children's Father

I suppose they could program the computers that control the turnstiles to not accept the 2fer ticket on the same day that it is used to enter DL, and not until after it is used atDL, but that seems "harsh".

Absent that, what is to stop a person from getting handstamps and "hopping" all they want?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Just to clarify what Darkbeer said ...

You can usually go to DL first then go to DCA later on the same day.Once you go in to DCA you can no longer go into DL.
    Uh, this needs to be clarified further...

Has this been verified personally? i.e. has anyone on a 2fer that has used both park/days on single day been refused entrance to either at anytime?? I find this hard to believe, and would probably be unenforceable (the complaints would be astronomical if guests were refused re-entrance as the policy is so vague & confusing).

For example, I bought a "play 4 days" ticket at Costco for a friend, which is similar to the 2fer... you can think of it as a "4-fer". It's meant to be used for four separate days, one park each day. But it was used as a "one day parkhopper" for one day, with two days credit being deducted. It's still valid for two more days (one park each) or one more day as a park hopper.

I returned to guest services after the first day to confirm this, and it's good until 11/06.
    --Jonathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast