Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Hey guys, let's just drop all of this. We don't want this thread to have to be locked up. So far we've had everything from guys dropping lollipops to Cinderella dudes to CM's being amazing... What other Disneyland stories do you guys have?
    You're right. So. Another Disney story to steer this back around. Here's one. I happened to see a very cute interaction between Duffy the bear and a little girl one day. She looked to be about two, and she was playing peekaboo with Duffy - and every time she uncovered her eyes and saw him there, she looked just thrilled. There wasn't anyone else waiting to see Duffy and she was able to have her little game going with him for quite a while.

Another: I've mentioned this one before, but it's worth repeating. On Bats Day one year there was a huge log jam on Splash Mountain, just before the first drop outside. There were seven or so logs that were stopped before the Slippin' Falls. I was honestly figuring that we were going to be evacced, because so many logs piled up and we were there for quite some time. The people in the various logs started yelling back and forth to each other, waving, making faces, etc. and taking photos to amuse themselves and pass the time. None of us knew each other, it was the Guild of Stranded Splash Passengers, I guess.
    Last edited by Malina; 01-25-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

So what happened after the splash mountain story ? And also the Duffy and the little girl story sounds so adorable !

• Magic Biped

My partner and I were celebrating our honeymoon last summer at DLR. Early one morning, we were the only people listening to Five and Dime -and we walked/danced with them the whole way down Hollywood Blvd as they exited, and Dime said "I'll catch you boys later!"

Now, I know there's more than one Dime, and later that day it was a different Dime, but we caught them again at the Carthay Circle fountain, just as they stopped to start the show (we didn't see the beginning, earlier). It's a great show, lots of fun jazz, so we were smiling and happy when Dime said she was looking for a couple of dancers. I have always sworn that I don't dance, and whispered this to my partner to refresh his memory just in case lol -and just as I was doing that, Dime grabbed my elbow, then grabbed Phil's and pulled us in to the show! She then grabbed another guy and we all sang and danced to "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf." Might have been one of the most fun moments of my life. I'm sure I looked the fool, but I don't care, and I don't think anyone else did either!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kmelvin06 View Post
    So what happened after the splash mountain story ? And also the Duffy and the little girl story sounds so adorable !
    The ride did eventually get going - no evac - but they stopped us again inside the ride, in the Laughing Place part, for about two minutes. It wasn't nearly as fun to be stuck there...

And yes, the little girl and Duffy were so cute together. It was one of those things that was so memorable that you just had to stop and smile at it. She was having the time of her life, and everyone, from the mom to the CMs who were working the photo op, were smiling.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
    My partner and I were celebrating our honeymoon last summer at DLR. Early one morning, we were the only people listening to Five and Dime -and we walked/danced with them the whole way down Hollywood Blvd as they exited, and Dime said "I'll catch you boys later!"

Now, I know there's more than one Dime, and later that day it was a different Dime, but we caught them again at the Carthay Circle fountain, just as they stopped to start the show (we didn't see the beginning, earlier). It's a great show, lots of fun jazz, so we were smiling and happy when Dime said she was looking for a couple of dancers. I have always sworn that I don't dance, and whispered this to my partner to refresh his memory just in case lol -and just as I was doing that, Dime grabbed my elbow, then grabbed Phil's and pulled us in to the show! She then grabbed another guy and we all sang and danced to "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf." Might have been one of the most fun moments of my life. I'm sure I looked the fool, but I don't care, and I don't think anyone else did either!

No one EVER looks a fool on their honeymoon, it's a RULE! True Love makes everyone beautiful.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    ...And like usual, I started quoting the video because well, who doesn't? Anyways, I got probably 2 sentences in before the cast member said to me "Can you not do that please?".
    That's one amazing Cast Member. Hope you reconsider before doing something that rude to other guests. I hate it when people do that!

• Donald's #1 Fan

OK, here's the best one I can think of.

I have to travel, like, 3,500 KMs to go to DL, so our time at the parks is precious. Somehow, the plaque in front of both tunnels is magical for my wife and me. So we always go in the parks, stand in front of the plaque, read it slowly, and then go inside.

2 years ago we were standing in front of the plaque and we noticed a couple.. must have been around 70 years old, doing the exact same thing. They were silently reading the plaque, holding hands, and crying.

We lost it, me and my wife. We hugged our son and started crying. We weren't sad or anything - I guess at that moment we somehow connected to them, and saw ourselves in a couple of years. We didn't dare to look at the other couple, I guess we felt we were stealing a special moment from them, and went inside the park.

And that's what Disneyland is all about, I guess. That's the magic no other place I know has.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    You're right. So. Another Disney story to steer this back around. Here's one. I happened to see a very cute interaction between Duffy the bear and a little girl one day. She looked to be about two, and she was playing peekaboo with Duffy - and every time she uncovered her eyes and saw him there, she looked just thrilled. There wasn't anyone else waiting to see Duffy and she was able to have her little game going with him for quite a while.

Another: I've mentioned this one before, but it's worth repeating. On Bats Day one year there was a huge log jam on Splash Mountain, just before the first drop outside. There were seven or so logs that were stopped before the Slippin' Falls. I was honestly figuring that we were going to be evacced, because so many logs piled up and we were there for quite some time. The people in the various logs started yelling back and forth to each other, waving, making faces, etc. and taking photos to amuse themselves and pass the time. None of us knew each other, it was the Guild of Stranded Splash Passengers, I guess.
    I just want to say that I apologize and that I shouldn't have gotten so argumentative - and I hope there are no hard feelings.

After I read your Splash Mountain story, it reminded me of something that happened to me last year in August. My sister, my cousins, and I went on Grizzly River Run at night and before the last drop, someone decided to unbuckle their seatbelt and get out somewhere on the ride so they stopped it and we were sitting there for a good 30 minutes. Anyways, there were four other people in the raft and we decided to ask them to play a game called zip-bong where you put your lips over your teeth and go in a circle and say zip or bong(reverses direction of play) and try not to sow your teeth. If you do, you lose. We had a pretty good laugh, so much so that I was kind of disappointed when the ride started up again.

• Closed Account

I just want to say that I apologize and that I shouldn't have gotten so argumentative - and I hope there are no hard feelings.

After I read your Splash Mountain story, it reminded me of something that happened to me last year in August. My sister, my cousins, and I went on Grizzly River Run at night and before the last drop, someone decided to unbuckle their seatbelt and get out somewhere on the ride so they stopped it and we were sitting there for a good 30 minutes. Anyways, there were four other people in the raft and we decided to ask them to play a game called zip-bong where you put your lips over your teeth and go in a circle and say zip or bong(reverses direction of play) and try not to sow your teeth. If you do, you lose. We had a pretty good laugh, so much so that I was kind of disappointed when the ride started up again.

Someone took their seatbelt off!?!?!?! AT NIGHT!?!?! Oh my goodness! I can't even imagine why someone would do that! I can just imagine someone flying out on one of the drops. How scary! At least you guys were still able to have fun! Thanks for sharing!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    OK, here's the best one I can think of.

I have to travel, like, 3,500 KMs to go to DL, so our time at the parks is precious. Somehow, the plaque in front of both tunnels is magical for my wife and me. So we always go in the parks, stand in front of the plaque, read it slowly, and then go inside.

2 years ago we were standing in front of the plaque and we noticed a couple.. must have been around 70 years old, doing the exact same thing. They were silently reading the plaque, holding hands, and crying.

We lost it, me and my wife. We hugged our son and started crying. We weren't sad or anything - I guess at that moment we somehow connected to them, and saw ourselves in a couple of years. We didn't dare to look at the other couple, I guess we felt we were stealing a special moment from them, and went inside the park.

And that's what Disneyland is all about, I guess. That's the magic no other place I know has.

How sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! Events like that are what make Disneyland magical! Thanks for sharing!

•   
    • Minion

Goodness, no, no hard feelings at all. Things online seem to be able to flame on very quickly and there were two people in that conversation, so apologies from me, too.

I'm sitting here floored as to how someone could take their seatbelt off and get out on Grizzly. Wow. That's beyond dangerous, especially at night. I don't envy the CMs who had to deal with that. The way you all passed the time sounded great, though!
    Last edited by Malina; 01-25-2014 at 09:53 PM.

•   
    • Minion

While going back to look for photos of the Splash Mountain Stranded, I came across this one - I can't believe I forgot this. On that very same Bats Day, there was a lunar eclipse. It was really interesting seeing everyone watching it by the Rivers of America. Some people had brought eclipse glasses, like me; others were using the pinhole method. I got this photo by placing my eclipse glasses over my camera lens.

Name:  eclipse10.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  41.1 KB

Part of the Splash Mountain Party Zone:
    Name:  splashjam2.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  114.4 KB

Speaking of Grizzly, here's a story I have...

A December night. No line for Grizzly? No problem. It's open, so I might as well, right? As I get to the loading dock, there's another young man about my age, but the CM directs him to a raft. We were the only two guests in sight, so I'd imagine I'd be put into his raft. Nope!

I was put on the ride alone. It also started raining mid-ride. This was also my first ride on it at night, so... The cave scenes were kind of scary, LOL.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by JanitorofSHIELD View Post
    Speaking of Grizzly, here's a story I have...

A December night. No line for Grizzly? No problem. It's open, so I might as well, right? As I get to the loading dock, there's another young man about my age, but the CM directs him to a raft. We were the only two guests in sight, so I'd imagine I'd be put into his raft. Nope!

I was put on the ride alone. It also started raining mid-ride. This was also my first ride on it at night, so... The cave scenes were kind of scary, LOL.

That's one ride I would not be going on alone...especially at night!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Goodness, no, no hard feelings at all. Things online seem to be able to flame on very quickly and there were two people in that conversation, so apologies from me, too.

I'm sitting here floored as to how someone could take their seatbelt off and get out on Grizzly. Wow. That's beyond dangerous, especially at night. I don't envy the CMs who had to deal with that. The way you all passed the time sounded great, though!
    Well I'm glad to hear that!

And I know! We were all sitting there thinking why would they want to do that? For one thing, it's too dangerous and for another, they probably got thrown out of the park...well unless that was their intention lol.

I have another story, but this one took place at Knott's. I know this is a DLR forum so do you think anyone would mind if I posted about Knott's?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast