Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

When Roger Rabbit was out and about regularly I had a friend who was "friends" with Roger. So many many times when I would be in Toontown Roger would come bounding up to me and give me a huge bear hug. Always loved that and miss those days.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

This one of many, many bad parenting stories that I have but more than any of the other ones, this one has stayed with me:

I was walking from the churro wagon in Tomorrowland back to our office and I found a lost kid wandering around in front of the Atro Orbiter. All Disneyland CM's are required to stop what they're doing and assist a lost kid no matter what, so I talked to her for a few minutes, took her hand, and was about to lead her back to the First Aid area when her dad comes up to me very angry and starts swearing and says "What are you doing?" I figured he was just scared because he couldn't find his daughter, so I smiled at him and said to the little girl, "Oh, here's your daddy!" The dad continued to swear at me and took the little girl, and between swear words, he said "I was trying to teach her a lesson." So as near as I could tell, he was hiding from the little girl but watching her the whole time. Naturally the little girl (maybe 2 or 3) was scared out of her mind and completely traumatized.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    This one of many, many bad parenting stories that I have but more than any of the other ones, this one has stayed with me:

I was walking from the churro wagon in Tomorrowland back to our office and I found a lost kid wandering around in front of the Atro Orbiter. All Disneyland CM's are required to stop what they're doing and assist a lost kid no matter what, so I talked to her for a few minutes, took her hand, and was about to lead her back to the First Aid area when her dad comes up to me very angry and starts swearing and says "What are you doing?" I figured he was just scared because he couldn't find his daughter, so I smiled at him and said to the little girl, "Oh, here's your daddy!" The dad continued to swear at me and took the little girl, and between swear words, he said "I was trying to teach her a lesson." So as near as I could tell, he was hiding from the little girl but watching her the whole time. Naturally the little girl (maybe 2 or 3) was scared out of her mind and completely traumatized.

Gee, Not 'Parent of the Year' material, is he? That's despicable! I have to admit my jaw hit the floor at this. Not at all what I was expecting. I figured it would be an irate parent thinking that a CM was 'kidnapping' his child or something.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Similar thing happened to me at DCA. Outside the shops at the end of the boardwalk (near the Duffy the Bear area) there was a toddler sitting on the ground by herself, crying and screaming her lungs out. I knew that the way things are these days I couldn't just go up to the child and try and help her myself, but no one appeared to claim the child (who also looked terrified) and this went on for at least a (very long) few minutes. I hailed a passing CM and told him that the little girl appeared to be lost and in need of assistance. He approached the child and two irate women came running up, yelled at him, and at me for interfering! The "mother" said the little girl wouldn't get back into her stroller, so they left her behind and hid a little way away to "teach her a lesson". They were watching her all the time from a distance and acted furious that we had assumed that the girl had been abandoned and we'd butted in on her parenting.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    When Roger Rabbit was out and about regularly I had a friend who was "friends" with Roger. So many many times when I would be in Toontown Roger would come bounding up to me and give me a huge bear hug. Always loved that and miss those days.

Hahaha! How fun!

• Closed Account

That's terrible! And the dad yells at YOU for doing the right thing and helping his daughter?!?! That's no way to teach a 2-3 year old (or any aged child) a lesson, that's just insane!

• Minion

That's idiotic! The kids could have been kidnapped and God knows what else if the wrong person came by with the wrong intentions. Some parents these days are screwed up and you wonder why the kids these days are screwed up as well!

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    That's idiotic! The kids could have been kidnapped and God knows what else if the wrong person came by with the wrong intentions. Some parents these days are screwed up and you wonder why the kids these days are screwed up as well!
    My only hope is that the dad has to pay for years and years of therapy for his daughter and that it costs A LOT!
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    I absolutely agree. And while I want to believe that there aren't people like that who go to Disneyland, you can never be sure .
    But no, just leave your kid wandering around alone. All it would take is for him to blink and his kid is gone. And then what? He'd be the first person knocking at Disney's door claiming how unsafe it is.

• Meh

Completely insane..

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

And you were supposed to know about this lesson how, exactly? Sounds like the jerk was very likely to end up teaching his kid(s) some very wrong lessons.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

I revisited this and a memory jarred loose.

We were having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (this was prior to the remodel) and I was famished and rather intent on eating for a few minutes. I was about to stand up to get another plate and found it difficult to push my chair back. I tried again with a little more force and my family broke out laughing. I was a little irritated and was about to push the chair back one more time when I figured out the problem....

Chip and Dale had snuck up behind me and Dale was directly behind my chair when I pushed it back and was firmly pinned to the wall frantically waving his arms. I felt really bad for smooshing him with my chair. We hugged it out and the family took some great pictures.

Another one....This from the way back machine. Grad night 1991. It was in the wee morning hours and a group of us decided to take in Capt. Eo. Amazingly we all fell asleep. We were all startled awake by a CM on the PA telling us we had to get up and leave.

• Mouseke-Awesome

Two stories:

One was from my first trip to the parks (1988, I was 4 years old). Don't ask me how and why I can still remember this, but I was walking down Main Street and I lost my footing and promptly ate Main Street, lol. Mary Poppins was close by and helped my mom getting me up and asked if I was okay. Again, crazy that I still remember this, I know.

Another was from a trip in the early-mid 90s. My family and I did the character breakfast at Plaza Inn and Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Dum came by behind me and tied my braids in a bow/knot. Then, The White Rabbit came by, put coffee stirrers in my cap and made a makeshift torch out of a salt shaker or something, and then proceeded to parade me around the Plaza Inn with all the other characters. It was definitely something I will never forget and my family took tons of embarrassing pictures of this, lol. This is also why my step-dad "never trusts those characters with his breakfast"

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by HunterRose13 View Post
    I revisited this and a memory jarred loose.

We were having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (this was prior to the remodel) and I was famished and rather intent on eating for a few minutes. I was about to stand up to get another plate and found it difficult to push my chair back. I tried again with a little more force and my family broke out laughing. I was a little irritated and was about to push the chair back one more time when I figured out the problem....

Chip and Dale had snuck up behind me and Dale was directly behind my chair when I pushed it back and was firmly pinned to the wall frantically waving his arms. I felt really bad for smooshing him with my chair. We hugged it out and the family took some great pictures.

Another one....This from the way back machine. Grad night 1991. It was in the wee morning hours and a group of us decided to take in Capt. Eo. Amazingly we all fell asleep. We were all startled awake by a CM on the PA telling us we had to get up and leave.
    Aww that Chip and Dale story was so funny, what a good memory!

And that Captain EO story sounds like something I would do! Haha!

The Plaza Inn breakfast story reminds me of a fun time there in 2011. It was January on a weekday, and that's a great time to be there. When there are no crowds the characters get up to all kinds of fun mischief. Br'er Fox snuck up on my wife while making the "sshh" motion to me and put his paws on either side of her head. Tigger took my baseball cap and made a show of retreating from the glare of my bald head, then put the hat on my daughter and gave me trouble if I tried to take it back from her. But my favorite was Dale stealing Captain Hook's sword and getting chased all over the restaurant for it. The two of them ended up wrestling for it at an empty table right next to ours. (This was all indoors.) By the time we were ready to leave, all the characters had lined up just inside the front door, and we got some terrific photos with all of them. I've done a lot of fun things at Disneyland, but that morning was one of the funnest.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast