Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

• Loving all things Disney!

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterRose13 View Post
    I revisited this and a memory jarred loose.

We were having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen (this was prior to the remodel) and I was famished and rather intent on eating for a few minutes. I was about to stand up to get another plate and found it difficult to push my chair back. I tried again with a little more force and my family broke out laughing. I was a little irritated and was about to push the chair back one more time when I figured out the problem....

Chip and Dale had snuck up behind me and Dale was directly behind my chair when I pushed it back and was firmly pinned to the wall frantically waving his arms. I felt really bad for smooshing him with my chair. We hugged it out and the family took some great pictures.

Another one....This from the way back machine. Grad night 1991. It was in the wee morning hours and a group of us decided to take in Capt. Eo. Amazingly we all fell asleep. We were all startled awake by a CM on the PA telling us we had to get up and leave.

Oh boy!
    I can just visualize poor little Dale pinned against the wall!! LOL And falling asleep sounds like something I would do!

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by TanyAnnette View Post
    Two stories:

One was from my first trip to the parks (1988, I was 4 years old). Don't ask me how and why I can still remember this, but I was walking down Main Street and I lost my footing and promptly ate Main Street, lol. Mary Poppins was close by and helped my mom getting me up and asked if I was okay. Again, crazy that I still remember this, I know.

Another was from a trip in the early-mid 90s. My family and I did the character breakfast at Plaza Inn and Tweedle-Dee & Tweedle-Dum came by behind me and tied my braids in a bow/knot. Then, The White Rabbit came by, put coffee stirrers in my cap and made a makeshift torch out of a salt shaker or something, and then proceeded to parade me around the Plaza Inn with all the other characters. It was definitely something I will never forget and my family took tons of embarrassing pictures of this, lol. This is also why my step-dad "never trusts those characters with his breakfast"
    Hahaha! Great stories! Thanks for sharing!

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

I was standing in line for CA Screamin (Aug. 2005) and called my father to see how my "other" mom's surgery went. My aunt answered the phone and I asked, "How is mom?", and she says, "Let me get your father." She didn't sound upset or anything so I thought nothing of it. When my father got on the phone, he told me that she didn't make it. I freaked out and started crying hysterically. My husband grabbed me and pulled me under the bar and out of line, near the top of the ride, and we took the elevator down. My daughter had no idea what I was crying about. We had to rush to the hotel room where I finally told her. It was sad.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post
    I was standing in line for CA Screamin (Aug. 2005) and called my father to see how my "other" mom's surgery went. My aunt answered the phone and I asked, "How is mom?", and she says, "Let me get your father." She didn't sound upset or anything so I thought nothing of it. When my father got on the phone, he told me that she didn't make it. I freaked out and started crying hysterically. My husband grabbed me and pulled me under the bar and out of line, near the top of the ride, and we took the elevator down. My daughter had no idea what I was crying about. We had to rush to the hotel room where I finally told her. It was sad.
    First of all, I'm a little suspicious of this story and if it's true, sorry for your loss. Second of all, we don't want to be down in the dumps. I know I'm being blunt but you have to be careful what you put online.

• Done with MC.

I was laid off of a job and was supposed to get a severance check but through some kind of mix up it didn't arrive. In an effort to get HR to fix this up quickly I kinda suggested that I reeeaally needed the money (not so much) to get them to move faster.
    Meanwhile we left on a spur of the moment DL trip and were having a great time!
    While in the park I get a call from HR telling me they'd mailed a check. Now I'm sitting on the wall in front of NOS talking to her when the Mark Twain blows its whistle.
    "What that?" she asks.
    Um... a ships whistle..
    "Oh, where are you!?!"
    Ahhh.. umm... well, (oh what the heck) I'm at Disneyland.
    Silence
    Well thanks for taking care of that for me - Bye!

If I could read her mind I'm sure she was thinking "Yea, you reeally needed the money.."

I did feel a little bit guilty.
    Last edited by ScottG; 02-13-2014 at 08:31 PM.

I donno. I think if you'd already planned a trip/promised your kid you'd go to Disneyland/paid for tickets that could be a very good reason you might realllllly need the money. She couldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    I was laid off of a job and was supposed to get a severance check but through some kind of mix up it didn't arrive. In an effort to get HR to fix this up quickly I kinda suggested that I reeeaally needed the money (not so much) to get them to move faster.
    While in the park I get a call from HR telling me they'd mailed a check. Now I'm sitting on the wall in front of NOS talking to her when the Mark Twain blows its whistle.
    "What that?" she asks.
    Um... a ships whistle..
    "Oh, where are you!?!"
    Silence

If I could read her mind I'm sure she was thinking "Yea, you reeally needed the money.."

Well - Disneyland, in my mind, is a necessity! So, with that logic, you really did need the money! LOL

• Former Churro Jockey

I called in sick to work from Main St. at the Magic Kingdom once. I had to look around for quite a while to find a quiet place where they wouldn't hear any music or crowds or anything. Thankfully the Tomorrowland Noodle Station was open and no one was there so they never found out.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelluh View Post

That's really sad! I'm so sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I called in sick to work from Main St. at the Magic Kingdom once. I had to look around for quite a while to find a quiet place where they wouldn't hear any music or crowds or anything. Thankfully the Tomorrowland Noodle Station was open and no one was there so they never found out.
    Hahaha! Whatever you gotta do, right?

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    "What that?" she asks.
    Um... a ships whistle..
    "Oh, where are you!?!"
    Silence

Well, who knows? Maybe someone else paid your way to the Magic Kingdom. It could happen! (I wish it would happen to me, even.)
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Well, who knows? Maybe someone else paid your way to the Magic Kingdom. It could happen! (I wish it would happen to me, even.)

I wish that would happen to me!!! One can only dream....

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    First of all, I'm a little suspicious of this story and if it's true, sorry for your loss. Second of all, we don't want to be down in the dumps. I know I'm being blunt but you have to be careful what you put online.
    This is a fun place for all of us to post and share. I have been a member for a long time and have a lot of friends here so I feel I am okay to share the "Good, Bad, or the UGLY". If you want to post this kind of response to people, then you might want to find someplace else. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post

That's really sad! I'm so sorry!
    So kind of you. It's the one memory that unfortunately, sticks with me every time I go back. It doesn't ruin my time but I do think about it.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    Really? Really? I'm a little suspicious that you may be paranoid. There is no evidence pointing to any attempted deception on the part of Cinderelluh. Also, if you can't deal with someone sharing poignant details about a life experience that happened in the parks, then these forums may not be well suited to you.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Here is my ugly, not entirely my fault. I was probably in my early 20's when Indiana jones opened and my family went one day in the summer the year it opened. My mom, step dad and all us kids, 9 people in our group. We get there and we head in to fantasyland and do something there, then BTM and Pirates. As we are walking out if adventureland we see the end if the line for Indy and it's not that far back from the entrance. We are so excited and hop in line. We were in line about an hour or so. Once we are done and are leaving we notice that the line wrapped through adventure land, out to Main Street and towards the castle. Again we think of how amazing our luck was.

It wasn't until years later I realized it wasn't lucky, we totally cut the line when the CMs stopped the Indy line for people who were not in line to cross the steet. I've felt guilty since I found out.
    Last edited by HelloSweetie; 03-05-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast