Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    A story my sister told me about her friend:
    She brought one of those long swirly colorful stick candies back from DL and ate it in the garage. Then she was playing in her mom's high heels and accidentally slipped and fell. The candy stick impaled her gums/inside of the mouth and she wound up going to the emergency room to get stitches.

That story traumatized me and I never see those stick candies the same way again. Lesson for the kids: eat those candies with an abundance of caution!

I have a reaaaallly ugly one from today. It was an AWESOME day at the park...minimal lines, friendly people. However: I went on Mr Toad's Wild Ride. About halfway through I started smelling weed. As in marijuana weed. I put it out of my mind and thought that perhaps it was a cleaning product,but the smell got stronger and stronger and there was no way to deny what it was.

So yeah. Someone was smoking weed on the ride. I told the CM when I got off the ride but I doubt there was much they could do.
    Actually, I suspect that there are security cameras on Toad's, and that it would be really tough for anyone to get away with smoking anything on the ride without being discovered by the CMs. I get a feeling that the 'culprit' likely had a 'conversation' with Disney security not too long after they got off the ride.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Loving all things Disney!

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

I have a reaaaallly ugly one from today. It was an AWESOME day at the park...minimal lines, friendly people. However: I went on Mr Toad's Wild Ride. About halfway through I started smelling weed. As in marijuana weed. I put it out of my mind and thought that perhaps it was a cleaning product,but the smell got stronger and stronger and there was no way to deny what it was.

So yeah. Someone was smoking weed on the ride. I told the CM when I got off the ride but I doubt there was much they could do.

Oh my gosh! Really, people? Your at Disneyland for Pete's sake! Guess they forgot that they weren't in Washington or Colorado anymore....

Thanks for sharing, Malina!

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    A story my sister told me about her friend:
    She brought one of those long swirly colorful stick candies back from DL and ate it in the garage. Then she was playing in her mom's high heels and accidentally slipped and fell. The candy stick impaled her gums/inside of the mouth and she wound up going to the emergency room to get stitches.

That story traumatized me and I never see those stick candies the same way again. Lesson for the kids: eat those candies with an abundance of caution!

Yikes! Poor thing! This next time around, I think we will go with the round stick candies....

•   
    • Minion

BiggestDisneyFan, I really hope so. I would hope that sort of thing would merit ejection from the park and a perma-ban.

•   
    • Minion

And CinderellaGirl, I agree...not smoking (anything) on the rides should be pretty basic logic...

• Random Cupcake Thief

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    Hi, it's me the troller. When I'm on the internet, I sometimes take things with a grain of salt. I didn't know that this was true. I sincerely apologize for what I did. I take back everything that I said and I'm truly sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by minivan2 View Post
    Well I have a lot to explain about this. I'm sorry, I really am. I just thought that it was a troll, now I realize that I am the troll. I hope you accept this.
    Thank you for your apology and I happily and humbly accept.

Come join us all! You will have a lot of fun here. Come on over to the other threads were there are games in the fun n games lounge.

Has anyone ever gotten stuck on SM? I have twice. I have never looked at a chocolate chip cookie the same way again.
    I suffer from infantile thoughts of grandiosity

This past November my friends and I took a trip to Disney. It was night time and pretty cold out so there was no line for the GRR. We hopped on and went the entire ride without a breakdown until the very end. We got stuck 3 feet before the loading dock for a half hour. We made jokes about how it must suck to be stuck at the top of the last big drop. We'll after 30-40 minutes the ride was back and working and we were able to go on it again. Of course we got stuck for about 10 minutes at the top of the big drop. We were all laughing about how we had just been talking about how much it would suck to be stuck there. Then as my boyfriend goes "watch it's going to open when we least expect it" and of couse it opens right as he finished his sentence! We couldn't stop laughing!

Another time was when I went last January on the Rapids and this family had matching shirts on and were all dancing in line. It was pretty embarassing. Well karma hit us for laughing at them as we got stuck with them on the ride. The daughter filmed us which was odd and they danced the entire ride.

The Rapids seem to give me good memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielabella View Post
    This past November my friends and I took a trip to Disney. It was night time and pretty cold out so there was no line for the GRR. We hopped on and went the entire ride without a breakdown until the very end. We got stuck 3 feet before the loading dock for a half hour. We made jokes about how it must suck to be stuck at the top of the last big drop. We'll after 30-40 minutes the ride was back and working and we were able to go on it again. Of course we got stuck for about 10 minutes at the top of the big drop. We were all laughing about how we had just been talking about how much it would suck to be stuck there. Then as my boyfriend goes "watch it's going to open when we least expect it" and of couse it opens right as he finished his sentence! We couldn't stop laughing!

Another time was when I went last January on the Rapids and this family had matching shirts on and were all dancing in line. It was pretty embarassing. Well karma hit us for laughing at them as we got stuck with them on the ride. The daughter filmed us which was odd and they danced the entire ride.

The Rapids seem to give me good memories!

Too funny! Was the family like full-out dancing? And the daughter filmed you on the ride? That's odd!!!

Thanks for sharing!

• Indiana Scott

Back in 2003 we were standing in line waiting for the park to open when a large number of high school age kids suddenly showed up and enveloped the area we were standing in. I mean, they were all around us!!

I was a little apprehensive because they naturally started joking around and I was afraid they'd start getting out of control.
    I couldn't have been more wrong (I know, shame on me!).

All at once they started singing! They were a huge choir group from a local school. They serenaded us with California Dreaming and a couple of other classics. It was so beautiful that I was almost sorry when the gates opened and we had to enter the park.
    I don't think I'll ever forget that morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Back in 2003 we were standing in line waiting for the park to open when a large number of high school age kids suddenly showed up and enveloped the area we were standing in. I mean, they were all around us!!

I was a little apprehensive because they naturally started joking around and I was afraid they'd start getting out of control.
    I couldn't have been more wrong (I know, shame on me!).

All at once they started singing! They were a huge choir group from a local school. They serenaded us with California Dreaming and a couple of other classics. It was so beautiful that I was almost sorry when the gates opened and we had to enter the park.
    I don't think I'll ever forget that morning.

I can almost visualize it in my head! Sounds awesome!

Thanks for sharing, ScottG!

Yea full on dancing to gangnam style! They danced throughout the entire queue and then danced the entire ride. And yes I found it odd she was filming us too (it may have been we were all screaming.) I also felt bad as the entire time we were all giving each other looks and trying not to laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielabella View Post
    Yea full on dancing to gangnam style! They danced throughout the entire queue and then danced the entire ride. And yes I found it odd she was filming us too (it may have been we were all screaming.) I also felt bad as the entire time we were all giving each other looks and trying not to laugh!

Oh my gosh!! I can just picture it!!

At least it made for a good memory!!

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Back when that stupid 'Andy's Coming' fiasco was going on in the parks, a friend and I were walking down Big Thunder Trail when Woody and his handler came out to go to the more secluded area they had been keeping the TS characters for meet and greets during that time. Of course, regardless of their 'attempt' at anonymity, a teenage kid sure enough spotted him and started yelling it at him. Woody just kept walking as the handler straggled behind a bit to diffuse the thing before more people started in on it. As Woody walked past me (we were walking opposite ways) I quietly said to him 'Andy's NOT coming.' and shook my head. It must have taken a second to register because he walked a bit then turned back, gave me a big thumbs up and then walked right back up to me and gave me the HUGEST hug ever. I almost cried because I love Woody TONS and it was the sweetest gesture from that CM and it put me in the best mood for the rest of the day

Some years back my oldest daughter and I were about to leave the park, it was December 30th and we were enjoying the tail end of Christmas. We watched the flag retreat and shortly after we heard a band warming up. We checked the schedule and there was nothing about a band or any other shows scheduled. I suggested we wait a bit and see if anything happens.

It didn't take long and the USC marching band came out of somewhere and filed up to Main Street Station. They spread out on the steps and started playing. It was pretty incredible to watch. We were lined up as close as we could and it was amazing....and loud!

Pretty neat to have some unexpected entertainment.