Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Hahaha! This one made me LOL! I can just visualize it!
    I also witnessed a mother yelling at her small child over the lack of bacon inside Disneyland. I was waiting for Fantasmic and I heard a woman yelling, "they don't have bacon! what am I supposed to do about it!?" Her son, who couldn't have been older than 5, was in tears saying, "but mama, my heart loves bacon!"

On my trip in May of this year I also unintentionally photobombed an Australian family on Splash Mountain. They all were posing the same for the photo before the big drop and my friend and I were in the back two spots with our very different game faces on. When we got off the ride and saw the photo the family glared at us and were genuinely angry that we ruined their family photo. We thought it was so funny we decided to split the cost and buy it. The best part was after returning to our hotel when we were in the gift shop buying water and I ran into the little kid. They were staying in the same hotel

I swear I could write an editorial on the hilarious things I have seen and overheard while inside the Disney parks.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• formerly very helpful

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Under the category of the good, I was riding on People Mover one summer night when the ride broke down. My vehicle happened to be right at the entrance to Tomorrowland. It was at that moment that the Main Street Electrical Parade started by. I got to sit and watch the whole parade from my own "private box." I know rides break down all the time for one reason or another, but this one worked out just too perfectly.

• Loving all things Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Under the category of the good, I was riding on People Mover one summer night when the ride broke down. My vehicle happened to be right at the entrance to Tomorrowland. It was at that moment that the Main Street Electrical Parade started by. I got to sit and watch the whole parade from my own "private box." I know rides break down all the time for one reason or another, but this one worked out just too perfectly.

Now that's just too magical! Right place + right moment = Disney MAGIC!
    Last edited by CinderellaGirl; 12-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I also witnessed a mother yelling at her small child over the lack of bacon inside Disneyland. I was waiting for Fantasmic and I heard a woman yelling, "they don't have bacon! what am I supposed to do about it!?" Her son, who couldn't have been older than 5, was in tears saying, "but mama, my heart loves bacon!"

On my trip in May of this year I also unintentionally photobombed an Australian family on Splash Mountain. They all were posing the same for the photo before the big drop and my friend and I were in the back two spots with our very different game faces on. When we got off the ride and saw the photo the family glared at us and were genuinely angry that we ruined their family photo. We thought it was so funny we decided to split the cost and buy it. The best part was after returning to our hotel when we were in the gift shop buying water and I ran into the little kid. They were staying in the same hotel

I swear I could write an editorial on the hilarious things I have seen and overheard while inside the Disney parks.

Hahaha! I think I could too! There's just so much crazy hilariousness that goes on in that park!

That's just random - but the lady is right, there is really no bacon in Disneyland... never realized it until now.

And how could that Australian family get mad, you guys just didn't get the memo! LOL

• The doctor is in

And how could that Australian family get mad, you guys just didn't get the memo! LOL
    Exactly. All they had to do was inform us of their plan and we would have gladly played along. It's their fault!

• Chief Troublemaker

That's just random - but the lady is right, there is really no bacon in Disneyland... never realized it until now.

Wait, WHAT? And here I thought DL was the Happiest Place on Earth!!!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Disneyland Dreamer

Say it isn't so!!! Bacon is one of the food groups.... its own food group...

• The doctor is in

But there is bacon. I got a bacon cheeseburger at the Tomorrowland Terrace last year. Other than that it is pretty lacking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post
    I remember last year during Christmastime, I guess because it was super crazy due to the candlelight service, they had us(plus hundreds of other people) go behind/backstage Main Street in order to go down(we went through the area next to the Fire Station) Main Street.

It was so ugly back there, and they told us to delete any pictures we took. I don't know how they would've enforced the "no pictures" rule whatwith the huge crowds of people filing through there; they just told us to "please delete that" when they saw us take a picture.
    It happens at WDW too. This year my friend and her family went to WDW during the holidays and happened to go the day they film the Christmas parade. During this, I guess they make a lot of the guests go backstage and my friend's mother complained of the fact that her grandchildren had to walk through the "ugly" and "disgusting" backstage area.

She spoke of how she was disappointed at how filthy the park is now compared to the last time she saw it. And when they were taking photos of themselves, the CMs kept telling them to not do so, and she stated that she then snapped back at them, "If you don't want people to take photos, then you shouldn't make us and our children walk back here."

If they're reaching over capacity, or closed off an area, they should create a better area for people to walk through to get to other areas of the park. Kind of ruins the magic with the children.

Kind of surprised since this is at WDW and they have the utilidors, so I would think they wouldn't have much of a "backstage" area.

Keep the stories rolling!
    Last edited by CinderellaGirl; 12-28-2013 at 09:07 AM.

The weird thing is, if Disney KNOWS they are going to route people through a backstage area to ease traffic, you would think they would clean it up. OSHA does have standards for clean work areas.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

I had the (dis)pleasure of walking through the backside of Main St this year, probably in early October. What I remember most is how bad is smelled. Im not sure how often they use this route, but they really need to work something out back there if they are going to be using it more and more as the park gets more crowded.

Several years ago, I was walking out of Tomorrowland with a friend. We were right about even with the entrance to Astro Blasters, walking and chatting, when we heard what sounded like glass hitting the ground and breaking, followed quickly by a loud S**t!! We looked up to see a grown man standing there, staring at one of those giant swirly lolipops that he had just dropped, and which had shattered into a million pieces.

He then yelled g******t! Then, proceeded to throw an incredible child like tantrum over the loss of his lolipop, stomping, whining, the whole nine. His fellow adult friends were just staring at him in what appeared to be horror and/or disbelief. As was everyone close enough to witness it.

It was tragic and beautiful all at once. Nothing like a little spontaneous magic at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    Several years ago, I was walking out of Tomorrowland with a friend. We were right about even with the entrance to Astro Blasters, walking and chatting, when we heard what sounded like glass hitting the ground and breaking, followed quickly by a loud S**t!! We looked up to see a grown man standing there, staring at one of those giant swirly lolipops that he had just dropped, and which had shattered into a million pieces.

He then yelled g******t! Then, proceeded to throw an incredible child like tantrum over the loss of his lolipop, stomping, whining, the whole nine. His fellow adult friends were just staring at him in what appeared to be horror and/or disbelief. As was everyone close enough to witness it.

It was tragic and beautiful all at once. Nothing like a little spontaneous magic at Disneyland

Hahaha! That gave me a good laugh! Thanks for sharing! The thing is, those lollipops aren't that expensive... he could have just bought another one!! No need to throw a tantrum! LOL

Hahaha! That gave me a good laugh! Thanks for sharing! The thing is, those lollipops aren't that expensive... he could have just bought another one!! No need to throw a tantrum! LOL
    Haha! One would think! He kept saying "Awww man, what am I gonna do?" His friends were saying "Dude, just get another one"
    "But I just bought that one"!!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast