Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

We cut in line at the dole whip stand in front of these teenage girls because we were in a rush to see the fireworks and then me and my mom heard them say like "it pisses me off how they just cut like that " and my mom just said "oh we had a friend here who saved a spot here in line" and then one they said "are you sure" and we said "yes" and the whole time in line they just talked about how mad they were the whole time in line I was just like can't they be happy there about to get a dole whip ? Lol yes I know it was wrong to cut but we didn't want to miss our first fireworks show

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by kmelvin06 View Post
    We cut in line at the dole whip stand in front of these teenage girls because we were in a rush to see the fireworks and then me and my mom heard them say like "it pisses me off how they just cut like that " and my mom just said "oh we had a friend here who saved a spot here in line" and then one they said "are you sure" and we said "yes" and the whole time in line they just talked about how mad they were the whole time in line I was just like can't they be happy there about to get a dole whip ? Lol yes I know it was wrong to cut but we didn't want to miss our first fireworks show
    ... And this story is supposed to make the teenage girls look bad?

If you are okay with cutting in front of other guests because of your selfish reasons, please never return to the park again.

•   
    • Minion

Maybe it was their first fireworks show too, and they were late to it because you guys cut in front of them. I'm sorry but they had a reason to be angry. This wasn't cool.

• Chief Troublemaker

Ohhh-kay. This is going south rapidly. We have talking over the narrator and line-jumping as 'interesting' stories. What next: "Tee hee, I tinkled in line waiting for Peter Pan. You should have SEEN people's faces!"?
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

This type of stuff really disappoints me. If I am in the park I hope your thousands of miles away.
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with amusement parks - the only thing freedom of speech covers is the government. You do not have complete freedom of speech at a Disney park. (nor do you anywhere, including this forum)

Your whispering would've distracted my husband intensely - he's very sensitive of hearing and the hiss-hiss-hiss of anyone whispering makes the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Please be considerate of others around you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by FritoKAL View Post
    Freedom of speech has nothing to do with amusement parks - the only thing freedom of speech covers is the government. You do not have complete freedom of speech at a Disney park. (nor do you anywhere, including this forum)

Your whispering would've distracted my husband intensely - he's very sensitive of hearing and the hiss-hiss-hiss of anyone whispering makes the hair on the back of his neck stand up. Please be considerate of others around you next time.
    Actually, it does. As long as you don't say anything that causes other to behave in a violent way or commit a crime, then you can say whatever you want. And you want to know how she heard me? I was standing closest to her. Not on the other side of the room yelling to everyone. There are always going to be something that people do to annoy you but that doesn't mean you have to stop them from having THEIR fun. It's not like it's going to ruin your life. I'm sure that you've done something to annoy other people but they don't rudely tell you to stop.

•   
    • Minion

Nope. Freedom of speech doesn't work that way. Nor does it mean there aren't any consequences for what you choose to say. It's private property and if you're annoying or disturbing other people, they have the right to either tell you to stop or eject you. That's actually the agreement you made when you entered the park, to abide by Disney's rules, and that includes not interfering with or disturbing other guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Nope. Freedom of speech doesn't work that way. Nor does it mean there aren't any consequences for what you choose to say. It's private property and if you're annoying or disturbing other people, they have the right to either tell you to stop or eject you. That's actually the agreement you made when you entered the park, to abide by Disney's rules, and that includes not interfering with or disturbing other guests.
    So just because you're in Disneyland, that automatically means that the government has no power over you and those aren't the rules you have to abide by? And I'm pretty sure that your definition of annoying and disturbing differs from them, if that's even in the terms of agreement.

• Loving all things Disney!

Let's switch to a different subject, and keep the good, bad, and ugly stories coming! Love to hear everyone's stories!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    So just because you're in Disneyland, that automatically means that the government has no power over you and those aren't the rules you have to abide by? And I'm pretty sure that your definition of annoying and disturbing differs from them, if that's even in the terms of agreement.
    Sorry, but that's not how the First Amendment works, at all. Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to disrupt others anytime you please. It's that simple. You can say what you wish and if you are disrupting things, Disney can kick you out for it. The same way they can kick you out for wearing a shirt with a violent or explicit slogan on it, for verbally abusing a cast member, etc. Disney's definition is what matters, not yours, in this case.
    Last edited by Malina; 01-25-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    Let's switch to a different subject, and keep the good, bad, and ugly stories coming! Love to hear everyone's stories!
    I'd be down with this, yes.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Sorry, but that's not how the First Amendment works, at all. Freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to disrupt others anytime you please. It's that simple. You can say what you wish and if you are disrupting things, Disney can kick you out for it. Disney's definition is what matters, not yours, in this case.
    It is how it works just as long as you don't promote violence or some type of crime. I'm in an American Government class and I've studied it. Feel free to look it up, though. And I wasn't distrubing anyone. If a guest in the room found it annoying, they could have easily told me to stop but since they did not, it must not have been that annoying. However, if another guest asked me to stop, I would have. They could report me or whatever if I intentionally kept quoting the video just to annoy or disturb them, though. But that is not what happened. It can't be that annoying if no one tells me it's annoying - or other people, for that matter.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by hollyray View Post
    It is how it works just as long as you don't promote violence or some type of crime. I'm in an American Government class and I've studied it. Feel free to look it up, though. And I wasn't distrubing anyone. If a guest in the room found it annoying, they could have easily told me to stop but since they did not, it must not have been that annoying. However, if another guest asked me to stop, I would have. They could report me or whatever if I intentionally kept quoting the video just to annoy or disturb them, though. But that is not what happened. It can't be that annoying if no one tells me it's annoying - or other people, for that matter.
    Someone did tell you it was annoying - the CM.

Perhaps you should read your textbook again, because that's not how it works, and that's a bit of misrepresentation. I can guarantee you I went through American Government too, and I got an A in it. The First Amendment says that the government cannot restrict your speech, nor can they arrest you for it as long as it does not promote violence or deliberate untruth. It does not mean that those on private property cannot restrict what you say/require certain standards and it does not mean that they cannot eject you for what you say. Period. So a CM at Disney certainly does have the right to tell you not to talk in the ToT library.
    Last edited by Malina; 01-25-2014 at 03:19 PM.

• Loving all things Disney!

Hey guys, let's just drop all of this. We don't want this thread to have to be locked up. So far we've had everything from guys dropping lollipops to Cinderella dudes to CM's being amazing... What other Disneyland stories do you guys have?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast