Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

• Loving all things Disney!

Cool Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!?!)

Have you ever had anything crazy happen to you/witnessed anything crazy at the parks? (i.e. fights, line cutters, or just plain out of the ordinary weird stuff?). I would love to hear your guys' stories! I have personally witnessed many crazy things at the parks, but this "incident" takes the cake:

My family and I were at Mickey's Halloween Party in early October of 2010. We were sitting on the sidewalk on the "roundabout" facing Main Street. Many people were dressed in very elaborate costumes, and this one lady was no exception. She was wearing a Cinderella costume with everything: glass slippers, sparkly gown, tiara, white long gloves, etc. She was also wearing a full face Cinderella mask, that also had the plastic attached blonde hair, and the only thing you could see were her eyes. She kept looking up a the moon and wandering around in the same area. Well, after a couple of minutes, she walked over to this lady standing with her family on the sidewalk a couple of feet from where we were sitting, and "Cinderella" tapped the lady on the shoulder and pointed to her camera. "Cinderella" stood there, looking up at the moon, while the lady took her picture. The lady then gave "Cinderella" back her camera and "Cinderella" went daintily walking off. Then comes Disney security, who said to the wandering "Cinderella", "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to take off the mask, as your costume needs to allow your face to be visible." "Cinderella" says, "Fine, sorry." in a deeper voice and rips of the mask, goes over to the trash, turns around, and then we find out............................................."C inderella" was really a bald, skinny DUDE! He went walking off into the crowd in his glass slippers, without his mask (or hair). No one would have known that "she" was really a guy, because he didn't talk and had that mask on. My family and I thought it was the most bizarre thing we had ever seen!

With that being said, who has any more stories?

• Indiana Scott

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Sounds like that story would come under the heading of "Ugly"!

Re: Any "Interesting" Stories of Your Time at the Parks? (The Good, Bad, or the UGLY!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    Sounds like that story would come under the heading of "Ugly"!
    Hahahahahahaha!!! I guess it would!!

• world class bilge rat

Here's one at the opposite end of the scale.......

I visit DL about once a year; the last time was in early November.

I went with my daughter, her boyfriend, and two of her best friends.

While we were watching the fireworks on Main street, he proposed! Of course, the crowd clapped and cheered, but apparently a CM saw it too.

When the fireworks were done, a couple of CMs asked us to come into one of the shops, and we were greeted by several CMs and a couple of suits.

My daughter and her husband-to-be were given a pass for a private ride on the StoryBookLand canal boats. Just the two of them......

When DL wants to, they can really come through!

Close enough to the DLR to keep me satisfied.

I remember last year during Christmastime, I guess because it was super crazy due to the candlelight service, they had us(plus hundreds of other people) go behind/backstage Main Street in order to go down(we went through the area next to the Fire Station) Main Street.

It was so ugly back there, and they told us to delete any pictures we took. I don't know how they would've enforced the "no pictures" rule whatwith the huge crowds of people filing through there; they just told us to "please delete that" when they saw us take a picture.

• Indiana Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post
    I remember last year during Christmastime, I guess because it was super crazy due to the candlelight service, they had us(plus hundreds of other people) go behind/backstage Main Street in order to go down(we went through the area next to the Fire Station) Main Street.

It was so ugly back there, and they told us to delete any pictures we took. I don't know how they would've enforced the "no pictures" rule whatwith the huge crowds of people filing through there; they just told us to "please delete that" when they saw us take a picture.

We did the same thing on one trip. I took a couple of pictures but cant seem to find them. The one thing I remember is not only was it not very nice back there but also that all the garbage containers stank bad!

Sometime in the late 70's (I was about 17), we took the raft over to Tom Sawyers Island. the raft was loaded to near capacity. A duck swam right alongside the raft and many people went to that side to gawk or take pictures. Those of us along the rail noticed that we were ankle deep in water. The CM noticed it too and told everyone to step back. They did, to the opposite side of the raft which then started leaning the other way. The CM yelled "spread out, Bozos" and the raft squared up. He later said the raft would never tip over but it was fun while it lasted.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• The doctor is in

I witnessed a couple's struggle to make it into DCA in time to see World of Color. As I was leaving the Esplanade I witnessed a very small Asian woman dragging her very large black boyfriend/husband toward the gate yelling, "COME ON CHOCOLATE THUNDER!"

I felt bad that they heard me laughing, but at the same time I feel like they deserved it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I witnessed a couple's struggle to make it into DCA in time to see World of Color. As I was leaving the Esplanade I witnessed a very small Asian woman dragging her very large black boyfriend/husband toward the gate yelling, "COME ON CHOCOLATE THUNDER!"

I felt bad that they heard me laughing, but at the same time I feel like they deserved it.

Hahaha! This one made me LOL! I can just visualize it!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Here's one at the opposite end of the scale.......

I visit DL about once a year; the last time was in early November.

I went with my daughter, her boyfriend, and two of her best friends.

While we were watching the fireworks on Main street, he proposed! Of course, the crowd clapped and cheered, but apparently a CM saw it too.

When the fireworks were done, a couple of CMs asked us to come into one of the shops, and we were greeted by several CMs and a couple of suits.

My daughter and her husband-to-be were given a pass for a private ride on the StoryBookLand canal boats. Just the two of them......

When DL wants to, they can really come through!

How sweet! That's awesome!

•   
    • Minion

Walking into the park once I saw a kid and his father running to cross harbor holding hands. In a split second the kid slip face first and to my surprise the dad didn't stop dragged the kid whose pants came off underwear and all and proceeded to drag him back to his feet and pick him up. All without stopping. On the other side of the street the Disneyland side he stopped and pulled the kids pants up and they continued on to the entrance. All I could imagine was the nasty burn the kid was going to have!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    Sometime in the late 70's (I was about 17), we took the raft over to Tom Sawyers Island. the raft was loaded to near capacity. A duck swam right alongside the raft and many people went to that side to gawk or take pictures. Those of us along the rail noticed that we were ankle deep in water. The CM noticed it too and told everyone to step back. They did, to the opposite side of the raft which then started leaning the other way. The CM yelled "spread out, Bozos" and the raft squared up. He later said the raft would never tip over but it was fun while it lasted.

LOL - That duck was probably thinking, "Silly humans!"

Quote Originally Posted by Liva148 View Post

That's interesting that they took you behind the scenes! I love when that happens! We got evacuated off Pirates and had to go through the Blue Bayou kitchen, and when a CM saw that I was recording the evacuation through there, she was none to pleased....

Typo...

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Walking into the park once I saw a kid and his father running to cross harbor holding hands. In a split second the kid slip face first and to my surprise the dad didn't stop dragged the kid whose pants came off underwear and all and proceeded to drag him back to his feet and pick him up. All without stopping. On the other side of the street the Disneyland side he stopped and pulled the kids pants up and they continued on to the entrance. All I could imagine was the nasty burn the kid was going to have!!!!
    Poor kid! They must have been in a hurry!!

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast