Pirates of the Caribbean construction image question

Alright, Disneyland construction and history buffs, what exactly are we looking at in this POTC construction photo?

This is from somewhere in NOS (bathrooms?, CoA?) looking northeast, in the direction of the hub and towards the Matterhorn, with Jungle Cruise on the right. And this is the top level (Blue Bayou, loading, etc.) of the main (inside the berm) POTC attraction building.

What is the hole we are looking at? Is it the first drop? Is it the where the lift brings us back up? Or is it something else?

My guess it that it's the first drop. The reinforced floor here suggests something heavy (water). And the low walled off area up and to the right could be the opening for the lift hill. The vertical steel being the support for the roof.

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean construction image question

Great photo, where did you find it?
    The hole could be the first drop.

A fan made these great blueprints:
    Disneyland Drawings - a set on Flickr
    They should help you figure out the location of the photo.

• Nic

It seems too short to be the first drop -- like they'd hit their heads.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Observer

Its a part of the New orleans main kitchen 2 floors down, its where most the parks pastries churros and turkey legs are made, its too close to be the drop or lift hill

• Thinking about doughnuts

That big tree at the top of the image right of center looks like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (ahhh... swissapolka). In that case when you line the tree up with the Matterhorn on Google Earth we're too far out in front to be inside the ride building. And we're too far away from the tree. It could be a pathway. There's a short wall and a lot of bricks off to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    Its a part of the New orleans main kitchen 2 floors down, its where most the parks pastries churros and turkey legs are made, its too close to be the drop or lift hill
    I'm pretty sure this is street level, on the level of the Blue Bayou and the bayou part of the ride. If this was down on the bottom/kitchen level, there wouldn't be a hole down to an even lower part.

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    That big tree at the top of the image right of center looks like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (ahhh... swissapolka). In that case when you line the tree up with the Matterhorn on Google Earth we're too far out in front to be inside the ride building. And we're too far away from the tree. It could be a pathway. There's a short wall and a lot of bricks off to the left.
    In the photo below, I have a red circle where I think the photo is taken from and a green sightline which matches what we see in the image (Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Matterhorn, etc.). The short wall could be a retaining wall for the water of the bayou and the wall that partitions the ride from the CoA on that side. There's definitely a hole there, you can see down into the ride.

• Goofy

i love seeing those construction pictures.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Alright, Disneyland construction and history buffs, what exactly are we looking at in this POTC construction photo?

This is from somewhere in NOS (bathrooms?, CoA?) looking northeast, in the direction of the hub and towards the Matterhorn, with Jungle Cruise on the right. And this is the top level (Blue Bayou, loading, etc.) of the main (inside the berm) POTC attraction building.

What is the hole we are looking at? Is it the first drop? Is it the where the lift brings us back up? Or is it something else?

My guess it that it's the first drop. The reinforced floor here suggests something heavy (water). And the low walled off area up and to the right could be the opening for the lift hill. The vertical steel being the support for the roof.

that looks like its coming up back from being down in the pirates scenes. at least that is what i am guessing

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^Agreed

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    that looks like its coming up back from being down in the pirates scenes. at least that is what i am guessing
    Given the direction we're aiming it would have to be the drop going down. The hole for the lift hill would be pointing in the other direction.

• Observer

The passage ways are very wide in the main kitchen and has a long hall way going down and a large freight elevator so it could be one or other inside on of the facades

• Minion

I'm guessing it's the first drop.

Name:  07_history_drop.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  17.1 KB

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    Given the direction we're aiming it would have to be the drop going down. The hole for the lift hill would be pointing in the other direction.

If the track floor and flume were not installed yet, it might look just like that though, open on all sides.