Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disneyland AP

Angry Can they not clean the floor in line for Space Mountain???

Am I the only one who has to slow down when I enter the building for Space Mountain because of the rolls of lint and dirt coating the floor when you walk in?? Where is the cleaning crew? it's so thick you can slip on it, and I've noticed this for over a year now. it's absolutely filthy. Don't they clean it every night?

• Minion

Re: Can they not clean the floor in line for Space Mountain???

I agree, it's nasty. And speaking of Space Mountain upkeep, the gum in the queue is also nasty and the dome looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. How long does it take to add new safety features so they can properly clean it.

• Disneyland AP

yeah, it's bad. There's literally rolls of dust and lint all over the floor.

• Loving all things Disney!

I don't ride Space Mountain, so I wouldn't know. The thing that really makes me upset is that after a parade, Fantasmic, or the fireworks, people leave their trash everywhere!!! Even with a trashcan every 20 feet, they still can't seem to throw their trash away. I think it's just disrespectful. People seem to expect CM's to clean up all of the garbage, and that is certainly not their job! Okay, rant over!
    Last edited by CinderellaGirl; 12-30-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaGirl View Post
    People seem to expect CM's to clean up all of the garbage, and that is certainly not their job
    Actually, it is their job. If a worker sees trash on the ground it is their job to pick it up. However people should be respectful and put litter in its place to not clutter up the park for the rest of us.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Dive ..... Dive.....

It's sad that they let Space Mountain get in the state it's in. I remember when the attraction first re-opened in 05 and everything was brand new. This is by far the most neglected area in the entire park.

The word that's operative is RESPECT. It's a trait that is sadly lacking in today's society, with regard to many things.

This past July, my family was in the queue for the Muppet show in DCA. My daughter spread out a blanket to let her baby out of the stroller and stretch a little. A man and his family came along, and the man took a bag of chips and purposely dumped them on the floor not far from us. I was totally disgusted, because when the show doors opened, he and his family left the chips there. There was a trash can 10 ft away.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    How long does it take to add new safety features so they can properly clean it.
    In California? Longer than you think. Knott's just literally removed a ride because they couldn't work around California's crazy safety laws.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I don't ride Space Mountain, so I wouldn't know. The thing that really makes me upset is that after a parade, Fantasmic, or the fireworks, people leave their trash everywhere!!! Even with a trashcan every 20 feet, they still can't seem to throw their trash away. I think it's just disrespectful. People seem to expect CM's to clean up all of the garbage, and that is certainly not their job! Okay, rant over!
    Name:  Custodial_640.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  116.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• The doctor is in

There is a custodial staff for Disneyland where it literally is their job to pick up trash and clean.

I agree it is rude for people to just dump trash everywhere, but there are CMs that are paid to clean.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, it is their job. If a worker sees trash on the ground it is their job to pick it up. However people should be respectful and put litter in its place to not clutter up the park for the rest of us.

They should leave them a tip then like they do for cleaning up after them after a meal. It's not like they're making that much more than minimum wage. Be good humans don't litter!

Litter bugs should be exterminated

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

I totally agree, because us animatronics love to ride Space Mountain after all you humans leave the park (click the link in my signature below) and we noticed the filthiness of it. New futuristic things should be shiny and new looking. I'm glad someone brought the subject up
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    They should leave them a tip then like they do for cleaning up after them after a meal. It's not like they're making that much more than minimum wage. Be good humans don't litter!
    We as a country have spent the last forty odd years in a full court press of "Keep America Beautiful" and "Give a Hoot" and a variety of increasing fines and other consequences assigned to littering. It's not taken 100% domestically, and other countries have varying tolerances for littering. But keep in mind that this is a *modern* program - in a LOT of people's lifetimes littering just happened, and to those who were born into the current mindset there's a lot of unthinking littering as well as the sheer entitlement group who feel they shouldn't HAVE to throw trash away at $100 a gate prices (or whatever other justification they use to sleep at night).
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

I'm sure it, along with the outside will be cleaned thoroughly during the rehab in March.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast