Best time in the summer to go to Disneyland

We want to head down to Disneyland next summer for our traditional Disney trip. When is the best time in the summer months (july and august) to go? We dont' want super hot and super busy. I know that the first week in July is crowded as it is your 4th of July (I am from Edmonton, AB). We will be down for about 10 days. Any advice? Thanks.

• Closed Account

Re: Best time in the summer to go to Disneyland

Well, in those months it will be hit or miss weather or not it will be a hot day. And keep in mind that the summer months are the peak season, so it will most definatly be crowded your entire trip. My recomendation would be the second or third week in August. However, you will see that the weekends are much more croweded, with Wednesday being the least crowded followed by Tuesday and Thursday. There are many websites which list great tips as far as making the most of your trips even on the most crowded days. My recomendations: Have someone in your family memorize the park map, locations, food served at different restaurants, etc. Eat at non-traditional meal times. Have a great trip.

• Banned User

we went in August, the last week and man it was buisy. it was hot, and it was not a good trip. the weather was to hot for the youngest, and for me pushing the stroller it was awful)))))) do not go then if you can all help it go in the fall. the summer sucks big time and unless you are used to high 80's and 90s run)))))))))))))

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I too would recommend mid to late August. Every time I've been there during those times it's been like a Saturday in the off season. I probably wouln't to the last week though because then there will probably be lots of folks trying to go for one last trip before school starts up.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Quote Originally Posted by taylorta
    We want to head down to Disneyland next summer for our traditional Disney trip. When is the best time in the summer months (july and august) to go? We will be down for about 10 days. Any advice? Thanks.
    Yeah...come in September.
    Current staffing conditions at all departments in the the park make for some pretty interesting days during the summmer. Moreover, the 50th celebration stuff will be drawing it's last few summer visitors, and it will be hot....usually no matter when you come. The hottest time of the year in Southern California is late August into late September. The best advice I can personally give you is to come prepared for all weather conditions, but mostly hot in the morning follwed by afternoon hot. I can only also advise you to come with the knowledge that the summer is Disneyland's busiest period and to come with realistic expectations of what you will and will not be able to do. If you can buy a park hopper multiday ticket and just take your time and have fun.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Rock Star Minion

We want to head down to Disneyland next summer for our traditional Disney trip. When is the best time in the summer months (july and august) to go? We dont' want super hot and super busy. I know that the first week in July is crowded as it is your 4th of July (I am from Edmonton, AB). We will be down for about 10 days. Any advice? Thanks.
    You don't have a 4th of July in Edmonton? Extra player (and yards) on your football field and one less day on the calendar. I guess it all evens out.
    As everyone else has said, it's likely to be super hot and super busy on every day in July and August.

Do you normally go to WDW for your traditional Disney trip? If so, you won't need 10 days, unless you plan to take in Knott's/Universal/SeaWorld/SixFlags, as well as our beaches, museums, and major league baseball.

I like this web site:
    http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

You know I used to able to tell you when to go in the summer, but if this summer is going to be anything like last summer then anything that I used to know can be thrown out the window. With the 50th Anniversery still going on through this summer it is bound to be just as crowded or even more crowded this year. I would probably go right when they begin to do their fireworks every night (about Mid-June). Some kids may still be in school and it won't be nearly as hot as it would be in July or even August.

You know I used to able to tell you when to go in the summer, but if this summer is going to be anything like last summer then anything that I used to know can be thrown out the window. With the 50th Anniversery still going on through this summer it is bound to be just as crowded or even more crowded this year. I would probably go right when they begin to do their fireworks every night (about Mid-June). Some kids may still be in school and it won't be nearly as hot as it would be in July or even August.

Sorry, posted twice. Still trying to figure out the site!!!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    You don't have a 4th of July in Edmonton? Extra player (and yards) on your football field and one less day on the calendar. I guess it all evens out.
    No because we have one less down .

Thanks everyone. Boo to Splashmountainfreak, the Oilers do not suck!!! Anyways, we usually go at Christmas time but are driving down this time so the summer it has to be because of school for the kids. We are getting a California attraction pass that gives us 3 days at Disney, Universal studios, Sea world and the San Diego zoo. We know where all the bathrooms, good places to eat and such at Disney already so that isn't a problem. So end of August seems to be the best.

• love my friends

Hey I used to live in calgary........... small world isnt it.. I now live in california near DL..

anyways I work at DCA.. and I know it is BUSY all summer long.. but it is best to go early in the morning...... less crowded.. as for the weather it all depends.. some summers its hot others not so hot.... but the earlier hours are alot cooler of course

Friends for life

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Thanks everyone. Boo to Splashmountainfreak, the Oilers do not suck!!! Anyways, we usually go at Christmas time but are driving down this time so the summer it has to be because of school for the kids. We are getting a California attraction pass that gives us 3 days at Disney, Universal studios, Sea world and the San Diego zoo. We know where all the bathrooms, good places to eat and such at Disney already so that isn't a problem. So end of August seems to be the best.
    Tee hee.