• Observer

awsome idea for a new ride

I still haven't figured out how to upload videos. But if you go to youtube and type in Superb 7D video clip, you will see a 11min 21sec video with a tiger on it..

I think we need something like this in the park,

• Under that tree again!

Re: awsome idea for a new ride

I don't know if you have been to Epcot. This is pretty much and upgrade of a World Showcase film, which are 30 years old, and without a cohesive theme.

Superb 7D video clip ,must watch and share - YouTube
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Observer

But 3d dome and not just a 360 screen?

• Observer

And based what I can see it looks like its not really an attraction but kind of like the lobby of the animation building

• Minion

Seven dimensions? Someone really ought to let the physicists know.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Actually the physicists believe there are actually 11 dimensions (M Theory).

At one point I was working on a ride that paired a dome based projection system with physical/practical effects and a 6DOF motion simulator. Would be a lot of fun to ride it.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 12-30-2013 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Wrong word

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

At one point I was working on a ride that paired a dome based projection system with physical/practical effects and a 6DOF motion simulator. Would be a lot of fun to ride it.
    What you describe *sounds* kinda like the idea that made it out as Spiderman/Transformers - large screens (one or two that are massive wraparounds) combined with practical sets/effects and a mobile motion platform.

LOT of fun.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    What you describe *sounds* kinda like the idea that made it out as Spiderman/Transformers - large screens (one or two that are massive wraparounds) combined with practical sets/effects and a mobile motion platform.

LOT of fun.
    Kind of. Except it was an actual 360 dome that wrapped about 270 degrees above and below you. And think Star Tours, but open air and far greater degree of motion. Plus animatronics, sets, variable story lines with multiple branch points, a theme, in cabin effects and some other trickery. Came up with this about 6 or 7 years ago. Made a thread about it years ago on here.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Certified in everything

DLP's Ratatoullie ride is supposed to utilize some type of dome projections right? I wonder if this will be similar to what we see there.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    With an attitude like that, we'll never get a 27D 3000 HFR HD show at DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

But now we've got solid proof on the existence of 7 of that 11. More than halfway there!

Your ride sounds fun. There was something at D23 in the Parks Pavilion that featured a giant screen and...that's all I remember. That particular exhibit wasn't super interesting so I don't remember, but it certainly seems that projection-based attractions are going to move forward. We've seen it recently integrated into Indiana Jones on a relatively smaller scale, but it's clear that it's the way we're headed since they take up so little room.