Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

IF Frozen became a musical at Disneyland...

I recall a post similar to this a while ago, but I never saw the discussion as it progressed later on. With that said...

Frozen
    has become another Disney phenomenon, and one of the possible inclusions for this movie into the park that bounces around on the message boards was the creation of a musical based off of the animated film. Now in all honesty, I'm for it if it did happen. WHERE it could happen and HOW it can happen are two separate things for this. So...

Aladdin grants its final wishes as the Hyperion Theater goes under a massive refurbishment to transition with the rest of Hollywoodland. But by the time it reopens, not only will it have a new stunning indoor lobby and atmosphere, it will also hold the newest musical to grace the Hyperion Theater: FROZEN.

Storyline/ Musical Numbers
    The storyline coincides with this one pretty closely with the film. Some parts are left out, while a new song reprise is added.

Some elements include The Troll King being introduced as the narrator, as he explains the backstory of Anna and Elsa's childhood.

Characters like Sven or the wolves could be used like the hyenas in "The Lion King" on Broadway. Here's a pic:
    Name:  hyenas.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  51.7 KB

Some scenes are cut (i.e. Reindeer are Better than People", "Frozen Heart"), but a new song reprise is added as Anna is frozen at the end. Here is the link that a certain Frozen fan put on:

A reprise of "For the First Time in Forever" is played as the finale song, with a few lyrics adjusted to accompany the mood.

Anna (Elsa):
    For the first time in forever (Let her in, let her see)
    I’ve gotten what I’ve dreamed of (Be the girl you always want to be)
    A chance to change our lonely worlds (Let it go)
    And we have found true love (We have found true love)
    Who knows what'll come tomorrow,
    (But for now, let's live today)
    'Cuz for the first time in forever
    (For the first time in forever)
    Both:
    Nothing’s in our way!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Riots?
    Last edited by DisneylandMaster; 12-30-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

Re: IF Frozen became a musical at Disneyland...

Cute I like

I've also thought about how a Frozen stage show could work. There are many possible opportunities for special effects to enhance the show. Most notably the Let it Go scene. I always thought using similar technology seen in Dollywood's Christmas Carol (live actor with holographic projections) to create the illusion of ice being manipulated by Elsa could be very impressive. I'm just hoping we will see an Aladdin replacement in the next few years. Yes it is a great show, but it's time for something new and fresh.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I like Frozen but I'd love for Aladdin to stay a little longer.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

I think Frozen replacing Aladdin would be fantastic. It definitely is a musical that would fit well as a stage show. I think with some editing it could be a worthy replacement to Aladdin and the Hyperion could really use something new.

• The doctor is in

I would rather have something else replace Aladdin. I wasn't a huge fan of Frozen and I think it would run its course, at least for me, pretty quickly.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandMaster View Post
    I recall a post similar to this a while ago, but I never saw the discussion as it progressed later on. With that said...

Frozen
    has become another Disney phenomenon, and one of the possible inclusions for this movie into the park that bounces around on the message boards was the creation of a musical based off of the animated film. Now in all honesty, I'm for it if it did happen. WHERE it could happen and HOW it can happen are two separate things for this. So...

Aladdin grants its final wishes as the Hyperion Theater goes under a massive refurbishment to transition with the rest of Hollywoodland. But by the time it reopens, not only will it have a new stunning indoor lobby and atmosphere, it will also hold the newest musical to grace the Hyperion Theater: FROZEN.

Storyline/ Musical Numbers
    The storyline coincides with this one pretty closely with the film. Some parts are left out, while a new song reprise is added.

Some elements include The Troll King being introduced as the narrator, as he explains the backstory of Anna and Elsa's childhood.

Characters like Sven or the wolves could be used like the hyenas in "The Lion King" on Broadway. Here's a pic:
    Name:  hyenas.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  51.7 KB

Some scenes are cut (i.e. Reindeer are Better than People", "Frozen Heart"), but a new song reprise is added as Anna is frozen at the end. Here is the link that a certain Frozen fan put on:

A reprise of "For the First Time in Forever" is played as the finale song, with a few lyrics adjusted to accompany the mood.

Anna (Elsa):
    For the first time in forever (Let her in, let her see)
    I’ve gotten what I’ve dreamed of (Be the girl you always want to be)
    A chance to change our lonely worlds (Let it go)
    And we have found true love (We have found true love)
    Who knows what'll come tomorrow,
    (But for now, let's live today)
    'Cuz for the first time in forever
    (For the first time in forever)
    Both:
    Nothing’s in our way!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Riots?
    WOO! That reprice song just gave me chills. That would of been good if that song was in the movie.

• Singing Drinker

I'm still a fan of converting the Hyperion back into a hosting location for various extracts of actual Broadway level productions along the lines of "Power of Blast". I'd take that over another rehash of a Disney movie any day.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

If they do create a Frozen Musical to play in the Hyperion, I hope they don't cut out 'Frozen Heart'. Surprisingly that one was my favorite song out of the entire bunch.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

I would love to see Frozen as a musical at the Hyperion, but Aladdin is wayyy too popular for that to happen.

At the same time I can see myself being constantly disappointed by whatever performer tried to even compare to Idina Menzel's "Let it Go" performance... She's unbelievable..

• Queen Elsa

My two favorite songs from the movie is. Let It Go, like alot of people do and the other one I like that is my favorite is For the first time in forever (reprise).

I'd prefer for Frozen to go to Broadway first.
    The five worst crimes in the world, in no particular order, are genocide, rape, murder, torture, and flash photography on Space Mountain.

How would they do Olaf? Puppet? Costume?

I could see Olaf being like the genie. A lot of his lines could be improved poking at pop culture.

For me, the songs in Frozen weren't memorable enough to sustain my interest in an entire park show based on the movie. I'd see it once or twice and that would be it. I loved the movie, but I'm afraid the songs just didn't do it for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast