• Sock Puppet

Will Blue Sky Cellar ever Reopen

Do you guys think another attraction will ever find its way into the Blue Sky Cellar building? Possibly the return of the wine exhibit.

• Singing Drinker

Re: Will Blue Sky Cellar ever Reopen

I don't see any particular reason why it won't simply update when there's something new to update - the Cellar's one of the things I'm looking for to officially confirm when whatever the next set of builds are is at least near ready to begin.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• Sock Puppet

But it isn't even listed as an attraction anymore. It isn't as before when it was listed as closed for refurb or update. It's officially off the attractions list. Yet another good reason why it's probably past time to put the DL project thread out of its misery. I must admit I'm a little jealous of WDW enthusiasts where there is always some type of major project going on. Would be nice to have a DTD expansion and remodel, family roller coaster and upcoming expansion of AK to follow. Well, at least we have the Captain America meet n greet to look forward to for 2014.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    But it isn't even listed as an attraction anymore. It isn't as before when it was listed as closed for refurb or update. It's officially off the attractions list. Yet another good reason why it's probably past time to put the DL project thread out of its misery. I must admit I'm a little jealous of WDW enthusiasts where there is always some type of major project going on. Would be nice to have a DTD expansion and remodel, family roller coaster and upcoming expansion of AK to follow. Well, at least we have the Captain America meet n greet to look forward to for 2014.
    Up until recently they've always had a 'next' to look forward to putting in to the spot. Of late, the builds have stopped being approved for CA (for whatever reason) and there's really nothing 'new' to look forward to. I would imagine that setting a date would create something of an uproar, as it's the place they preview new attractions and concepts and as of right now there's nothing announced that would fill that spot. Announcing a date for reopening the Cellar would essentially announce that there is in fact something approved and on the way. It'd be awesome, but a LOT of internet chatter is that there just isn't anything approved that they could use for the space yet.
    Woo! Spring is coming!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Up until recently they've always had a 'next' to look forward to putting in to the spot. Of late, the builds have stopped being approved for CA (for whatever reason) and there's really nothing 'new' to look forward to.
    It wasn't that they stopped being approved. It's that they weren't to a point where they were either ready to approve, or ready to show it to the public yet. This rumor of a work stop didn't come up until a couple weeks ago.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It wasn't that they stopped being approved. It's that they weren't to a point where they were either ready to approve, or ready to show it to the public yet. This rumor of a work stop didn't come up until a couple weeks ago.
    Pehaps better phrasing would have been "Previously there was always a next project approved, but for whatever reason right now there is nothing they're willing to put in there to show off".
    Woo! Spring is coming!

•   
    • Minion

Seems like they could have made an exhibit for BTMRR since it has a lengthy refurb. Complete with what they did to it plus a history of the attraction. They could then move the Subs into the cellar to explain that project. At least it will fill a gap untill there is something to announce to put in there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Seems like they could have made an exhibit for BTMRR since it has a lengthy refurb. Complete with what they did to it plus a history of the attraction. They could then move the Subs into the cellar to explain that project. At least it will fill a gap untill there is something to announce to put in there.
    I don't think this is an attraction that is very high on their priority list. It's not a matter of just filling it, it would be the cost of updating it, paying for upkeep/maintenance of the location (i.e. trash) and paying the CMs that work the attraction.

• Sock Puppet

Yah, I think it's another cost saving attempt to cut budget at DLR. I wish we could get an explanation why they want to slash everything at DLR while projects all over the world are going full steam ahead. I wonder if it's a sign of where they value DLR in the overall empire.
    we are looking at at least 5 years in between major attractions for DLR, and most likely longer. How long has it been since there has been a gap that long between rides?

•   
    • Minion

^^^ I definitely think it is a money thing and it's cheaper to let it just sit there. My guess is DLR will get something before a 5 year mark. But we will have to see.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRDAD View Post
    Yah, I think it's another cost saving attempt to cut budget at DLR. I wish we could get an explanation why they want to slash everything at DLR while projects all over the world are going full steam ahead. I wonder if it's a sign of where they value DLR in the overall empire.
    we are looking at at least 5 years in between major attractions for DLR, and most likely longer. How long has it been since there has been a gap that long between rides?
    This isn't really a sign of worry to me. Having the cellar close (among other small closures) and trying to pump life into the Paris resort or constructing the Shanghai resort aren't even close to comparable.
    I think they're feeling DLR has hit a kind of plateau and will need to debut more than just small renovations to impress the crowds here.

• Under that tree again!

When DLR has something coming that will draw a crowd, it will consider again using the Cellar to draw attention to the coming attraction. It's a marketing implement, not an attraction that entertains.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Why can't we see attractions for the other parks that have "new" rides opening up?

Quote Originally Posted by sean317 View Post
    Why can't we see attractions for the other parks that have "new" rides opening up?
    I would surmise, because it's a marketing tool. While some people do have the means and desire to travel to all or several of the parks, most people probably don't. For most folks, there's probably one park that falls within distance/cost-effectiveness to travel to. If you're already in one, that's probably the park you go to.

Exhibits on what's coming (to the park you're in) might get you excited and wanting to come back to that park. Exhibits on the other parks might be interesting, but significantly less likely to tip the scale that you'll be so excited by it that you'll go to that park, which is presumably either a farther or more expensive trip. So it wouldn't really be worth the effort to try to convince you while you're in Anaheim that you should also go to, say, Paris.