Anyone want to help plan out at a day at California Adventure?

Hi

Firsty, ignore my signature...clearly that never happened!
    BUT my friend and I ARE heading to the Disneyland Resorrt for just ONE DAY on the 2nd February (Sunday) this year.

We have chosen to just go to California Adventure Park.

Is anyone interested in writing out a detailed plan for our day for us to follow to get the max out of just the one day in the park?

Must dos are: Radiator Springs Racers, California Screamin, The Little Mermaid ride and viewing World of Color>

Let me know if you're keen and/or post your detailed plan for the perfect day below!

xx
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

Re: Anyone want to help plan out at a day at California Adventure?

February is pretty good in terms of crowds. Make sure to get a fastpass for World of Color from the Grizzly river run fastpass queues or through a dining plan. Dining plans must be made ahead in advance as they tend to fill up. Just a little advice, what we usually do is make a bucket list of things we want to do and we don't plan a very detailed trip. Having a rigid schedule usually never works out due to temporary closures and longer than expected lines. Just download an app like MouseWait and go to the lines that are shortest. I do recommend doing RSR early in the morning when the lines aren't as long or getting a fastpass for the attraction first thing in the morning. Single rider lines are actually really helpful for that attraction because you only wait about 20 minutes and as long as your okay sitting with a stranger, you may even get to race other members of your party. California Screamin typically has a short line and TLM is usually a walk-on attraction.

February is one on my favorite times to go to Disneyland, especially on rainy days when the crowds are super light.

Also I just noticed your from Melbourne. Went there in August and had a wonderful time! I love Australia

Wow! Thanks for your wonderful advice! Perhaps you are right; maybe it is better not to have a rigid schedule.
    Do you think we will be able to ride all of the rides in one day?

I'm so glad you enjoyed Australia! I am a huge fan of everything USA!

• Under that tree again!

Get a World of Color Fast Pass, from the FP distribution near Grizzly River Run in the late morning.

Ride Little Mermaid any time it will have a short wait all day.

Ride RSR first, and get a FP to ride it later, ideally in the evening when it's dark.

California Screamin will have a moderate wait but you can also use a FastPass for it.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thank you so much
    Can't wait for December 2012 when I FINALLY get back to Disneyland Resort! My first trip in over 7 years

• World of Color

You should be able to do most of the rides that day if not all. The park could be light that day because it is the Super Bowl that day.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

After your must do's here are the rides you can go on if you have the time: you should watch the Aladdin show or go to Soarin', there's A Bug's Life land, the Monster's Inc. ride, LOTS of shopping places to go to, TOWER OF TERROR DEFINITELY., Grizzly Bear Rapids (bring some extra clothes for that one), and Toy Story Mania!! Remember, get through the rides you really want to go on first, then try going on others. Have fun!
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Quote Originally Posted by Disney1997 View Post
    Wow! Thanks for your wonderful advice! Perhaps you are right; maybe it is better not to have a rigid schedule.
    Do you think we will be able to ride all of the rides in one day?

I'm so glad you enjoyed Australia! I am a huge fan of everything USA!
    Yep, you should be able to fit most if not all attractions in one day. That day only has a 9:45 showing of WoC so you may want to get a fastpass before about 12 PM. You should get fastpasses for RSR, Tower of Terror, Screamin (not really necessary), and Soarin'. Toy Story Midway Mania is also an attraction to do early in the morning as the line can get pretty long. Grizzly river Run, if you choose to get wet, isn't crowded in February. A little thing I love to do is the Animation Academy where they teach you to draw Disney characters.

• The doctor is in

I'm going on February 6th to the 8th, so we're just missing each other.

Usually the only rides in DCA that rack up significant wait times are RSR, Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, and Toy Story Mania. Everything else the wait times are either non-existent (like Little Mermaid) or fairly short.

I would say get there early and make your first stop a World of Color FP next to Grizzly River Run and then book it to Cars Land. Hop in line for RSR and after that do whatever else you want to do in that land. It fills up pretty quickly so it's best to hit it when the crowds are still fairly low.
    After that hit Toy Story Mania. It is another one where once the line gets long it pretty much stays long the entire day. I walked on Toy Story during a DCA Magic Morning but that was the only time I have ever been that lucky. My average wait time for that ride is at least 45min.
    If you're interested in Soarin' or Tower of Terror I would do those as early as you can, too. They both have a FP so if you don't feel like waiting standby you can always get a FP and come back later.
    Everything else is pretty easy to get on. The Little Mermaid is pretty much a walk-on regardless of the time of day. The longest I've ever waited was probably 5min. Monsters Inc. can get a line, but it's usually no longer than 10-15min. It depends on how efficient they are loading the ride vehicles. California Screamin' can get a wait, but I've never noticed it being longer than 20-30min. That is another ride with a FP option.

I would definitely utilize your time, but don't rush yourself to get through too quickly. I have done DCA in one day on three previous trips (including two with Cars Land) and had plenty of time leftover to do things twice and take it easy. Just pay attention to your crowd levels and evaluate how quickly you think you need to move.

As far as food goes, I would definitely stop by the Pacific Wharf Cafe and get some soup in the sourdough bowls. It is just so good. The food at Cocina Cucamonga is also really good and you get a lot for the price. That is if you like Mexican food.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Get a fastpass for the second show of WoC so it is not as crowded. Mosy around in Buena Vista. Go to Soarin' Over California and after eat at Pilot's Grill to start the day. If you are brave, you can ride Grizzly River Rapids. Or the other way around so that you can dry off on Soarin' Over California (it's cold though)

Time to make your way to Paradise Pier, get a fastpass for California Screamin'. Go on Little Mermaid first. Go on Goofy's Sky School, Symphony Swings, and the rockets. Then, go on Toy Stopry Mania and get competitive! Pick swinging gondolas for Mickey's Fun Wheel, you have more fun that way instead of worrying how high you are off the ground. If your fastpass is not ready yet, get an ice cream on the boardwalk. Then, ride California Screamin' and have your hands in the air, there is more adrenaline!

Go to Carsland, get a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. Go on Luigi's Tires and Tractor Hoedown (i forget the name). Maybe eat lunch in the Fishing Wharf. Tour Route 66 before your fastpass is ready. I hope you win the race!

Hollywood backlot: go see the Aladdin show at any time. Get a Tower of Terror fastpass. go to the animation building, it is really cool in there. Go on Monsters Inc. ride, maybe Roz will talk to you! Go see the Bug's Life show too. Get a snack and wait for your fastpass time to come around.

It's getting late. I recommend going on California Screamin' again before WoC starts, because rides feel faster at night. Tower of Terror at night is fun too. For dinner, eat at the Italian place in Paradise Pier and listen to whoever is playing at the gazebo.

For World of Color, get there 1 hour-45 mins before it starts to get a nice seat. Enjoy the show. Maybe go on a few more rides of your choice. Before you leave, get some souveneirs before you leave.

I hope you have a magical day!
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    Get a fastpass for the second show of WoC so it is not as crowded. Mosy around in Buena Vista. Go to Soarin' Over California and after eat at Pilot's Grill to start the day. If you are brave, you can ride Grizzly River Rapids. Or the other way around so that you can dry off on Soarin' Over California (it's cold though)

Time to make your way to Paradise Pier, get a fastpass for California Screamin'. Go on Little Mermaid first. Go on Goofy's Sky School, Symphony Swings, and the rockets. Then, go on Toy Stopry Mania and get competitive! Pick swinging gondolas for Mickey's Fun Wheel, you have more fun that way instead of worrying how high you are off the ground. If your fastpass is not ready yet, get an ice cream on the boardwalk. Then, ride California Screamin' and have your hands in the air, there is more adrenaline!

Go to Carsland, get a fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers. Go on Luigi's Tires and Tractor Hoedown (i forget the name). Maybe eat lunch in the Fishing Wharf. Tour Route 66 before your fastpass is ready. I hope you win the race!

Hollywood backlot: go see the Aladdin show at any time. Get a Tower of Terror fastpass. go to the animation building, it is really cool in there. Go on Monsters Inc. ride, maybe Roz will talk to you! Go see the Bug's Life show too. Get a snack and wait for your fastpass time to come around.

It's getting late. I recommend going on California Screamin' again before WoC starts, because rides feel faster at night. Tower of Terror at night is fun too. For dinner, eat at the Italian place in Paradise Pier and listen to whoever is playing at the gazebo.

For World of Color, get there 1 hour-45 mins before it starts to get a nice seat. Enjoy the show. Maybe go on a few more rides of your choice. Before you leave, get some souveneirs before you leave.

I hope you have a magical day!
    I feel like the FP for RSR would be long gone by the time your itinerary takes someone to Cars Land. Riding all those rides and eating beforehand would take up a good two hours out of your morning.

• Love Disney!

Radiator Springs ride is the newest and had the longest lines when we were visiting CA last April. I'd suggest you try to get fast pass tickets for that ride first (definitely a ride you should go on at least once!). Our other favorite rides were,

Tower of Terror
    California Screamin
    Toy Story (super long line!)
    Grizzly River Run
    Soar-in

One suggestion: If you visit the park just before closing, a lot of the popular rides have no lines. We did that for several rides 45 mins before closing and rode a lot of them twice without waiting!

Have a great time!

• The doctor is in

Some of the best moments to ride stuff, minus the rides in Paradise Pier, is during World of Color. A lot of the lines decrease significantly because most people in the park are watching the show. Just another tidbit. I visited Cars Land during WoC and I wouldn't say it was abandoned, but it definitely wasn't as crowded as it normally is.