Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Editor's Note about TL and Soarin

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    Except for the big, famous Star Wars E Ticket at the front of the land: Star Tours.

It would be more accurate to say "Everything in Tomorrowland will be Star Wars Land except for Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, the Monorail, and the newly repositioned Rocket Jets".
    Apparently, they would have the entrance to Star Wars moved to the Star Wars Land area and the entrance to Space Mountain moved to the Tomorrowland side. A longer queue for both. Not too smart, but all they can do under the circumstances.

I'd rather they just NOT do the Star Wars Land at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The current design is to look like the Astro Orbiter "crash landed" on Earth and created a "crater" (the rocks). The entire look is not only ineffective, but extremely congestive from a crowd control perspective. Good riddance they're leaving.
    I don't think so. The rockwork design is very crystalline, much like the Devil's Post Pile. I think the design just reflects some sort of crystal rock structure.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

When we consider mankind's growing problems of over-populqation, over-crowding, crippling congestion, pollution and the ill-will generated by those phenomenon, the rock structure (and its influence on TL) might very well represent the most accurate and telling future vision Tomorrowland has to offer, though not the most cheerful and inspiring, certainly.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    I don't think so. The rockwork design is very crystalline, much like the Devil's Post Pile. I think the design just reflects some sort of crystal rock structure.
    It is. Look at Google Earth. The rocks form a perfect half circle around the Astro Orbiter. It's supposed to look like it crash landed and created a crater.

• Disneyland AP

So is the idea that we're losing TL and getting Star Wars Land? I love SW, but that's an awful idea.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by LD1984 View Post
    So is the idea that we're losing TL and getting Star Wars Land? I love SW, but that's an awful idea.
    The idea is that we're getting a new version of TL that is a "Spaceport". No real Star Wars stuff is coming yet.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    When we consider mankind's growing problems of over-populqation, over-crowding, crippling congestion, pollution and the ill-will generated by those phenomenon, the rock structure (and its influence on TL) might very well represent the most accurate and telling future vision Tomorrowland has to offer, though not the most cheerful and inspiring, certainly.
    Actually Swabbie, I think that is best illustrated by the nearly impassible clog of oversize strollers parked in every walkway. That "...might very well represent the most accurate and telling future vision Tomorrowland has to offer, though not the most cheerful and inspiring, certainly."

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

What will become of the PeopleMover track, I wonder... in this phase will it stay or go?

White they're working on the entrance they should find a way to reroute the BLAB outdoor queue and Pixie Hollow. Without the AO they could make the BLAB queue look less temporary and find a way to reroute the Pixie Hollow walkways to allow access from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland during parades and fireworks which would relieve traffic along the main corridor of Tomorrowland.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    White they're working on the entrance they should find a way to reroute the BLAB outdoor queue and Pixie Hollow. Without the AO they could make the BLAB queue look less temporary and find a way to reroute the Pixie Hollow walkways to allow access from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland during parades and fireworks which would relieve traffic along the main corridor of Tomorrowland.
    There's really no way to do this unless they open up the pathway by the Snow White Fountain, which is already rather narrow.

I meant the Matterhorn/Pixie Hollow entrance side of Fantasyland. Currently your options during the parade are to cross near the hub, go through the castle, and then cross back near Alice or you can walk around Tomorrowland. It makes it a hassle to get from Main Street to anything in eastern Fantasyland (Matterhorn, Merida meet and greet, Edelweiss Snacks) and northern Tomorrowland (Subs, monorail, Autopia). I think Pixie Hollow was originally designed to do this, but the walkway was too narrow so it's used as a one way entrance INTO the main Tomorrowland area now, creating even more congestion.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Actually Swabbie, I think that is best illustrated by the nearly impassible clog of oversize strollers parked in every walkway. That "...might very well represent the most accurate and telling future vision Tomorrowland has to offer, though not the most cheerful and inspiring, certainly."
    Maybe you are right, my friend. You baby-hater. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    What will become of the PeopleMover track, I wonder... in this phase will it stay or go?
    Two questions for you, mj--you are one of the purest purists on the site, so give me your opinion: One--if PM cannot/will not return as an attraction, do you think the track has, for you personally, aesthetic value enough to warrant staying in place where it is, unused? Two--if PM cannot/will not return as an attraction, what are your thoughts (and everyone else's as well) on having PM trains moving on the tracks, but accommodating no passengers? In essence, movement just for movement's sake; the PM would act as a re-purposed prop to add some height and motion to the place, and be purely ornamental.

Personally, if the PM isn't coming back, I'd rather have the free space the tracks now inhabit. But, that being said, with the removal of the AO and the rubble in front of it, free space might not be that much of a concern of mine anymore, in which case I might re-think my position on the matter.

• Singing Drinker

I'd take a non-rideable *maintained* motion sculpture on the tracks if they aren't going to put a ride in. As it stands, it's obviously SOMETHING to anyone who isn't aware of the previous incarnations, and if they aren't going to build a ride on it and aren't going to tear it down then putting something interesting to put some 'motion' back in the skies would not be that bad.

I just fear it going the way of the Observatron.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

•   
    • Minion

for the People mover track I would want it replaced with something else up there. Maybe not the PM but some sort of moving attraction. The rocket rods could have been great if the money was thrown at it properly.I think TL should have multiple levels of movement and attractions it makes it seem more futuristic to me.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I'd take a non-rideable *maintained* motion sculpture on the tracks if they aren't going to put a ride in. As it stands, it's obviously SOMETHING to anyone who isn't aware of the previous incarnations, and if they aren't going to build a ride on it and aren't going to tear it down then putting something interesting to put some 'motion' back in the skies would not be that bad.

I just fear it going the way of the Observatron.
    I think the portion of the PM track that runs down Tomorrowland Way gives much needed shade to that area so I'd hate to see that part of it torn down. Maybe some type of futuristic looking 'hanging gardens' could be incorporated with plants draping over the sides? And I think a kinetic, gyroscopic motion sculpture traveling up and down that same stretch of track could be really cool, especially at night if it had moving lights or laser lights.

It's too bad they can't turn the whole PM track into an elevated pedestrian scenic walkway. Think of the wonderful photos people could take! Impossible, I know.

Of course what I'd really like is for the PM to be brought back. But I don't think I'd like to see just empty PM cars traveling the track. That would hurt my heart to see that and not be able to ride it.
    Last edited by Stormy; 01-04-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast