Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Monorail Junkie

Possible Frozen Ride?

I read on another Disney Blog that JHM reported that Frozen was headed to the Norway Pavilion at EPCOT and that Disneyland was slated for a possible Frozen ride.

Anyone hear anything on this? if so where would it go? Big Thunder Ranch area?

• Singing Drinker

Re: Possible Frozen Ride?

It's going to be the new 3rd gate.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Minion

People will say that every time a new Disney movie comes out.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Here we go again...

I know Frozen did well at the box office but pretty much every Disney film for the past several years or so has been hyped with possible theme park attraction rumors and they all pretty much die after the film's release, even if that film did good.

Unless Disney is dead serious about getting more attractions into either of its DLR parks soon, I wouldn't hold out for much.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Monorail Junkie

Lets say it was going to happen, where would you place it? BTR area? Motorboat area?

• Minion

Motorboat Cruise area

• Not the Hawkguy

Considering a boat ride based on the story of the Ice Queen was thought up by Imagineering, putting it in the old Motorboat Cruise area seems like the smart idea.

That said there's no way this happens.

• Singing Drinker

Let's dream big and make it more like the movie than anything ever has been at the parks before - let's put it on top of Mount Whitney, and every person wanting to ride it has to complete a long, perilous journey to the Fortress of Sol... er... the Castle.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Former Churro Jockey

The Norway pavillion sounds perfect. The boat ride they have now is so dated it's not even funny, so any update to that ride would be welcome. As for DL, Fantasyland is the only place it could go, but I don't know where they'd put it. I guess maybe they could finally tear out the motorboat lagoon and put it there.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Queen Elsa

I also read this to on the Moviefone web site. Here is the talk.

Anyone who saw this winter's wonderful animated adventure "Frozen" probably thought that the story, about a pair of princess sisters, one of whom has locked her kingdom in a frosty perpetual winter, was ripe for a Disney theme park attraction. The movie already felt so classic that a ride, potentially in the "dark ride" mold of things like Peter Pan's Flight or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, seemed like a foregone conclusion. And you know what? It kind of is.

Disney historian Jim Hill, while appearing on the Disney Dish Podcast with Touring Plans founder Len Testa, described what the Mouse House has planned for "Frozen," at least when it comes to its theme park presence. Apparently the first place the movie, which just beat out "Monsters University's" $268 million gross by a few million, is first headed to the Norway pavilion at Florida's EPCOT.

This makes sense, of course, considering the movie's Nordic setting and the fact that the Norway pavilion has been home to both exclusive "Frozen" merchandise and the all-important Elsa and Anna character meet-and-greets since before the movie even premiered.

"That's really filtering out. They're already looking at 2014/2015 and where does that fit into our holiday plans," Hill explained. "Those of you who love the Maelstrom might want to go visit it." Hill is referring to Norway's boat ride attraction the Maelstrom, which, like "Frozen," features tons of trolls. It seems that the ride might not be long for this earth, which is a shame because, since opening in 1988, less than a decade after EPCOT Center opened its futuristic doors, the Maelstrom has been one of World Showcase's brightest spots. Not that it has aged terribly well or anything.

"Disney's not going to make the mistake they made with "The Little Mermaid" again. They're not going to wait 20 years to get a ride," Hill went on to explain, referencing the Ariel's Undersea Adventure attraction that opened in Disney California Adventure on May 26, 2011 and in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland on October 12, 2012, more than 20 years after "The Little Mermaid" debuted in theaters. Hill went on to address the advanced timetable: "There will be something in the next 18 months. Supposedly there's something larger in the works for Disneyland but that's in line behind the Marvel and the 'Star Wars' stuff."

So, in brief: expect a "Frozen"-themed attraction for Norway at EPCOT very, very soon and in Disneyland sometime a little bit later. Sound burrrrrr-iliant!

Sounds Good to me. Good movie.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    People will say that every time a new Disney movie comes out.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Here we go again...

I know Frozen did well at the box office but pretty much every Disney film for the past several years or so has been hyped with possible theme park attraction rumors and they all pretty much die after the film's release, even if that film did good.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    The Norway pavillion sounds perfect. The boat ride they have now is so dated it's not even funny, so any update to that ride would be welcome. As for DL, Fantasyland is the only place it could go, but I don't know where they'd put it. I guess maybe they could finally tear out the motorboat lagoon and put it there.
    With so many areas in Epcot World Showcase without attractions, why not just build something new, rather than destroy and rebuild?

In DL which is full of attractions, what unused areas should be used? Festival Arena in Frontierland or Captain EO in Tomorrowland. So if we are going to send a princess into her own attraction sounds like it should be Leia or Pocahontas.

Quite a few princesses have come in the last few decades and haven't broken into the Fantasyland Club.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by jchamb268 View Post
    Anyone hear anything on this? if so where would it go? Big Thunder Ranch area?
    I heard that Sleeping Beauty Castle will be re-themed to the castle in Arendelle, and that a scale model of Elsa's ice palace will be added to the Matterhorn. Somebody at WDI reportedly commented "For the first time in forever, these Disneyland icons will receive much-needed thematic upgrades. Wow, am I so ready for this change!" I swear that every word of this unsubstantiated rumor is true.

• Senior Monorail Minion

It came from Jim Hill and, therefore, is most likely false...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• keh!

I heard that Pixar's Dia De Los Muertos film is getting an attraction in Frontierland, guys. Is this true?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast