Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   

DL n DCA New Parades For Next year

I was just thinking i know that disney have not announce anything yet about disneyland 60th anniversary. Do u guys think that maybe this year is the last year for Mickey Soundsational Parade n Pixar Play Parade, If Disney do announce something this year for DL 60th Anniversary next year 2015?

Re: DL n DCA New Parades For Next year

I hope so personally. I'm over Soundsational. It's better than it's predecessor, but I'm ready for a new one. The Pixar Play parade is still fun to me though.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

I'll kinda miss soundsational if it ever happens but I'll be so happy if Pixar parade is gone

•   
    • Minion

Soundsational is only two years old or so - I can't see them scrapping it already.

What I wish is that they would have more parades in rotation. Right now it's 10 months of Soundsational and two months of the Christmas parade (I don't count the Halloween parade because it's only at ticketed events). It would be nice if there were other parades that alternated with Soundsational throughout the year.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Queen Elsa

DCA is the one that needs a new parade more then DLand does. If I remember right the one on DCA side been there send they took Block Party Bash out (I still miss that parade like I do with Parade Of Dreams.)

• Under that tree again!

You don't do a bunch in DCA for DL's birthday, that would be stupid.

You get more bang for your buck out of every promotion. So you do one for DL and another for DCA. In 2015 you push DL, in 2016 you push DCA(15yo)

Look forward to a night parade in DL.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

For the next parades, I hope they don't segregate the characters based on Disney/Pixar ties. (i.e. Pixar Play Parade) I don't know, it would just feel a little bit more complete to me.

• Minion

I have it on good authority that there will be some pretty big additions to Disneyland's entertainment lineup for the 60th. In fact, meetings in TDA with WDI's entertainment creative teams have already begun. The Miceage rumors of everything for the 60th being shelved are just not true.

• Disneymom

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    DCA is the one that needs a new parade more then DLand does. If I remember right the one on DCA side been there send they took Block Party Bash out (I still miss that parade like I do with Parade Of Dreams.)
    The Parade of Dreams was and is still my favorite. I wish they would bring that one back.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    The Parade of Dreams was and is still my favorite. I wish they would bring that one back.
    Oh my gosh The Parade of Dreams, yes!
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I have it on good authority that there will be some pretty big additions to Disneyland's entertainment lineup for the 60th. In fact, meetings in TDA with WDI's entertainment creative teams have already begun. The Miceage rumors of everything for the 60th being shelved are just not true.
    I believe you. It would be crazy for Disney to cancel everything for the 60th.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Soundsational is only two years old or so - I can't see them scrapping it already.

What I wish is that they would have more parades in rotation. Right now it's 10 months of Soundsational and two months of the Christmas parade (I don't count the Halloween parade because it's only at ticketed events). It would be nice if there were other parades that alternated with Soundsational throughout the year.
    Actually, Soundsational began in May 2011. This summer makes it 4 years running. That is a longer run that the previous parade, Parade of Dreams, (DL's parade for it's 50th ) which ran from May 2005 to Nov 2008. The craptacular CelelebRate A street Party ran during 2009 and 2010. That's right, DL didn't even have a parade during its 55th Birthday in 2010!.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You don't do a bunch in DCA for DL's birthday, that would be stupid.

You get more bang for your buck out of every promotion. So you do one for DL and another for DCA. In 2015 you push DL, in 2016 you push DCA(15yo)

Look forward to a night parade in DL.
    I agree, at least that way DL gets some sort of Big recognition for it's special anniversaries every 5 year. And DCA would too!

Remember back in the 90's when DL had a new parade nearly every year!?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    That's not exactly what MiceChat said. Go back and look at the article, and the heading of today MiceAge page.

•   
    • Minion

^^ exactly mice age said on hold..... I think we all know things can't be cancelled forever. Once budgets are approved I am sure Disney will announce 60th anniversary plans but considering it's the first week of 2014 I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    That's not exactly what MiceChat said. Go back and look at the article, and the heading of today MiceAge page.
    You mean this one?

The big Soarin' HD rehab is still a go this winter, but the plans for the 60th didn't fare as well as they will go with a cheaper celebration for '15 that's heavy on nostalgia and light on substance.
    Or this one?

It’s the new parades that are most in jeopardy, as they have a much longer lead time for design and construction than new fireworks and decorations. Unless Burbank lifts the spending moratorium by spring, the new parades won’t make it. TDA is now working under the assumption that there won’t be much of anything for the 60th.
    I am saying that TDA and WDI Creative Entertainment are already working on entertainment plans for the 60th. MiceAge is just wrong. There will be "substance" coming.

•   
    • Minion

^^ I think I speak for the rest of us in saying what are those plans then?? Any info would be nice to hear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast