Misc. Rare Characters in Disneyland

Hey friends .

I renewed my pass this past December and I set myself on a quest. The mission is to take pictures with as many characters as possible. The dream is that one day in the far future, when all the silent characters enter Yesterland and are replaced with the new talking ones, my photo album will be a personal treasure to the Disneyland of the past (2014).
    But I have a question, more of advice from you experts. What and where is the best location and time to take pictures with rare Disney characters? To my misfortune, I have only had encounters with Mary Poppins & Bert and Rafiki. Is there any advice you fellow experts can give me to hopefully find Gepetto and all his rare friends?
    I have only come up with the idea of people-watching in Town Square and waiting for a special character to make a cameo appearance.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated to make my quest the best it can be.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

Re: Misc. Rare Characters in Disneyland

There's a site called Character Central, check it out it might be of help because it tells you how often the characters are out and where you can find them. There also plenty of pictures.
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

• Queen Elsa

I usely was good in knowing where most of the characters are but send the last few months (sends June) I have been getting to the park late like around 2:30 or 3. So onces I get there most of them are gong and I only get to do a handful The Princess mostly and as of late Anna & Elsa. So I can't help to much anymore other then that Disneyland doesn't have out anymore Vidia,Terence & Periwinkle. There now in the group of long lost friends.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That was my quest for my Birthday last summer.

The biggest bang for your buck is IF DL ever holds another Long Lost Friends event. They held two of those last year, and brought out characters that often have been out of circulation for a while. That's an easy way to get about 30 characters in one area. I really hope they bring this back again, and with a different set of characters than what they had at the 1st two Long Lost Friends events.

Another way to see some different characters at DL is to attend one of the Mickey's Halloween Parties, which most recently have been held at DL. This is a separate paid ticket event, however there is usually a slight discount for Annual passholders.

The next biggest way to get photos with characters is at the several staged meet and greets. Unfortunately, sometimes the lines can get pretty long, with a comparable lengthy wait. Most of these are on the meet and greet locations/times are on the daily guide. These include:

Toontown houses: Mickey , Minnie, Goofy

Princess Fantasy Fair - off to the left side of the Castle. usually 3 different Princess, which do occasionally change.

Pixie Hollow - just off the hub, between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. meet Tinkerbell and one other fairy.

Frozen Meet and Greet - (near the Pinnochio attraction) Olaf on the roof outside, and meet the two female royalty from Frozen inside.

Critter County - near the exit of the Pooh Attraction. Meet 3 of the 100 Acres characters, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, etc.

Recently, they have been holding several seasonal events in Big Thunder Ranch, with different characters throughout the year. Often with western or holiday attire, including Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Jessie, the Country Bear character available for photos

Aladdin's Oasis - Aladdin and sometimes Jasmine

Near Snow White wishing well: Snow White, Evil Queen, Fairy godmother on a rotating basis

Near the Mickey Floral - DL Entry - Sometimes, usually earlier in the day some various characters and princesses can be found here.

Town Square - various times throughout the day you can find Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Cruella, sometimes near the center area, and othertimes, near the different buildings.

The Alice in Wonderland crew often play Musical chairs with kids at Coke Corner, however this is not really a meet and greet area for photo's with characters.

You can sometimes get photos of the Stormtroopers at the Tomorrowland Terrace, just before the Jedi Academy show begins.

Be on the lookout and keep your eyes open during different seasons. Last year, for Easter, they brought out several of the Disney Rabbits on Main Street. Roger Rabbit also had some short appearances in Toontown during Halloweentime.

Also, when Disney releases a new movie, both animated and live action, sometimes a meet and greet opportunity is available for those new Disney characters.

Another thing, is that you will often see some characters in several different areas, like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, but they will have different clothes on, depending where you meet them.

Over in DCA, several of the main characters can be seen on Buena Vista Street, including Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale,

In Condor Flights, Aviator Minnie by the plane.

Paradise Pier - Duffy at his location by the Treasures store

Paradise Pier - Donald or Daisy at the exit of the Cove Bar

Across from the entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania - Woody, Buzz

Chinese New Year sometimes brings out Mulan and Mushu

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - Dug and Russell, sometimes Mr Fredricksen

Hollywood area, Mike and Sulley were appearing in front of the "Monsters" bulding. not sure if they are still there.

Jake and Sofia, near Playhouse Disney

Mr Incredible , In front of the Animation building.

Radiator Springs, Mater and Lighting McQueen at the Cozy Cone, Red and DJ various street appearances.

Oh, and another opportunity for some characters that are more difficult to get photos with would be if Dancing with Disney returns to the old Millionaire building in Hollywood (between Muppets and Monsters) returns. This is not a real photo opp, but is for kids to dance with different disney characters. but you might be able to catch a quick photo with a character, if you crash this kids party.

And then their are also a variety of other NON traditional Disney Characters, which all add to the atmosphere, like;

the Dapper Dans,
    Matternhorn Mountain Climbers
    Characters of Buena Vista Street

that should get you started and in the right direction

• Disneymom

There are some other ones at the Minnie and Friends breakfast, and Goofy's kitchen. Those are the only two I've been to.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    There are some other ones at the Minnie and Friends breakfast, and Goofy's kitchen. Those are the only two I've been to.
    Minnie and Friends is a good start.

Aladdin really hit on the key. Special Events have rare characters out.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Hooterville, USA

I saw a Penguin and tons of Goofys at the hub on Sunday.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.