Taking some one to disneyland for the first time

If you were to take some one new to disneyland for the first time, What would be the first ride you would take them on. I would go on Haunted Mansion. We are going March 2-7 also is there any way to find out what will realy be close or a number to call disney. thank you
    Disneyland Rules

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Taking some one to disneyland for the first time

According to the Disney Website Haunted Mansion will be closed and Pirates will be closing the day before you leave.

I think the first ride I would take someone on would be any of these
    Haunted Manision
    POTC
    Peter Pan
    Space Mountain

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Hokey as it may be, I'd pick Small World. When hubby and I were at Disneyland for our honeymoon (and his first time in 20 or so years) the first thing we did was Small World, mainly because it's a family tradition to hit it first, but it really is an uplifting little ride, very classic-Disney, and when we got off the ride both of us were just all smiles, beaming and high off Disney. It was great.

• Give Peace a Chance

If it were up to me, PotC. However if the person had any clue at all about Disneyland, there is a strong chance that there is an attraction that he or she has always wanted to experience. I think I'd let them decide what they wanted to do first.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Banned User

ohhh big thunder!! and matterhorn!~! I love those two!! in DCA it would be the coaster, soaring, and its tough to be a bug!!

• Banned User

Re: Taking some one to Disneyland for the first time

The Disneyland Railroad is the Best first attraction. Then you go on a lesser attraction after it and then BAM hit up a big ride like Indiana Jones, or Splash Mountain.

DLRR lets them see the park and wet there appetite. Then after you get off you go on something like Buzz Lightyear or Mr Toad, so they can feel the magic but not be totally wowed. After they a bit they will think, "yeah this place is ok..." and then when you take them on something completely awesome they will be blown away.

This approach work with my wife. I took her while we were dating and it took a total of 2 hours for her to fall in love with the place. First the DLRR. Mr toad next. Casey Jr after that. A few more Fantasyladn rides and then on to Indy. After Indy she couldn't stop saying "wow". It was the best feeling knowing that you just got to share the Magic that is Disneyland with someone who may have not given it a chance other wise.