Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Micechat Update: Tomorrow(land) on Hold, Submarines, and 60th Anniversary Update

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...rs-episode-vii

...and now IGN has used this update as a source to make claim of fact distorting the update, so it's made it's way to the KROQ showbiz beat, which means it's got a much higher profile, and has the possibility of being on a nightly newscast, at which point I hope to hear some official word from Disney...

In the past, Disney has flipped things very quickly when they get upset about high profile reporting in this regard. World of Color was changed after clips leaked on youtube of the test runs. This could very well end up being: Micechat's source tells them the plan, they report the plan, ign reports micechat, kroq reports ign, cbs reports kroq, Disney kills the whole plan dragging Micechat through the mud. Alternately, that last step becomes Disney making an official announcement of confirmation (which I find unlikely). I expect we will get to hear from the doubters for months now that Micechat isn't credible despite the game of telephone distorting the information along the way.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Micechat Update: Tomorrow(land) on Hold, Submarines, and 60th Anniversary Update

It's also a great way to find the leak.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Unhelpful User

One thing: If attendance/profit in the park is at its highest point ever then why on earth would this be the time to tear out/build new stuff?
    Isnt there more motivation to do that when numbers are bad? So wouldnt it make more sense that they're building this stuff in Orlando?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by lightofdarkness View Post
    Disneyland Is Remodeling Tomorrowland Based on Star Wars: Episode VII - IGN

...and now IGN has used this update as a source to make claim of fact distorting the update, so it's made it's way to the KROQ showbiz beat, which means it's got a much higher profile, and has the possibility of being on a nightly newscast, at which point I hope to hear some official word from Disney...

In the past, Disney has flipped things very quickly when they get upset about high profile reporting in this regard. World of Color was changed after clips leaked on youtube of the test runs. This could very well end up being: Micechat's source tells them the plan, they report the plan, ign reports micechat, kroq reports ign, cbs reports kroq, Disney kills the whole plan dragging Micechat through the mud. Alternately, that last step becomes Disney making an official announcement of confirmation (which I find unlikely). I expect we will get to hear from the doubters for months now that Micechat isn't credible despite the game of telephone distorting the information along the way.

Uh oh..

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogermeyers View Post
    One thing: If attendance/profit in the park is at its highest point ever then why on earth would this be the time to tear out/build new stuff?
    Isnt there more motivation to do that when numbers are bad? So wouldnt it make more sense that they're building this stuff in Orlando?
    The attendance/profit thing has more to do with DCA becoming a viable alternative (one of the earlier Micechat articles mentioned that DCA was going to become the third-highest visited Disney park in America at the end of this year) and cooperating weather leading to steady crowds than the rides themselves.

And if your numbers are good, that is the exact moment when you want to keep building. You send a message to customers that you think things could be better, and customers respond by rewarding that idea. Consider Disney in the 60's and 70's. It was a runaway hit, but the park was continually adding things to make it better. Stagnation leads to decline, which eventually leads to the situation Orlando finds itself in, where it has to build just to get out of the hole it dug.

The subs are not a profitable ride in any sense of the imagination. Taking them down and delaying maintenance until a concrete plan for Tomorrowland appears is a smart move.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Man IGN using Mice Chat rumor articles annoys me to no end. That site is terrible in its reporting on anything not Video Games to begin with.

I dunno though, seems an awful waste to redo them so recently just to close them again.

Though to be honest the articles of late have rubbed me the wrong way in general personally.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    If the Tomorrowland theme stays, then I'd like to see some kind of moving planetarium hosted by Neil deGrasse-Tyson. Perhaps visiting some random part of the universe with each ride.
    If moving toward StarWarsLand, then certainly land speeders or pod races. Tear up Autopia while we're at it, and use portions of the PeopleMover
    There was a similar thread about what to do in TL a while back where I said I'd love to see a Lazarium-type planetarium show (like they used to do at Griffith Observatory in the '70s) take over the Innoventions building. Neil de Grasse Tyson would be icing on the cake to that!

But no to tearing out Autopia. Oh, and keep the subs.

If the MiceAge update article makes it to a mainstream media outlet, chances are they'd look for some type of independent confirmation before making it a big story. But if they did make a big story about it, if I was a CM here on MC I'd ask the mods if I could create a new profile & delete anything that could mark me as a CM. I bet Disney'd be out for blood looking for the 'leaker'. Or a scapegoat!
    Last edited by Stormy; 01-08-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    There was a similar thread about what to do in TL a while back where I said I'd love to see a Lazarium-type planetarium show (like they used to do at Griffith Observatory in the '70s) take over the Innoventions building. Neil de Grasse Tyson would be icing on the cake to that!
    Agreed, but I'd like to move around a bit. Take me there!
    But no to tearing out Autopia. Oh, and keep the subs.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Or disagree about how much we disagree. I'm fine either way.
    If the MiceAge update article makes it to a mainstream media outlet, chances are they'd look for some type of independent confirmation before making it a big story. But if they did make a big story about it, if I was a CM here on MC I'd ask the mods if I could create a new profile & delete anything that could mark me as a CM. I bet Disney'd be out for blood looking for the 'leaker'. Or a scapegoat!
    The new media landscape is more about "publish first (mainly, firster than the other guys), confirm story later."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Chief Troublemaker

Agreed, but I'd like to move around a bit. Take me there!

Put back the revolving seats and tear out the center for a huge domed ceiling. Then we slowly revolve around a night sky with bright constellations, planets, shooting stars, a multitude of laser lights, & Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. No No, um, a special Disney soundtrack. Oops, sorry, guess I jumped in the Wayback Machine for a second!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Former Churro Jockey

The new media landscape is more about "publish first (mainly, firster than the other guys), confirm story later."
    Not quite. It's "publish first, confirm never, apologize later."
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• film975

Amazing that all the movie news web sites seem to be running with this rumor. Must be a slow news day or something. But I think Disney needs to announce something soon before this gets way out of hand.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Amazing that all the movie news web sites seem to be running with this rumor. Must be a slow news day or something. But I think Disney needs to announce something soon before this gets way out of hand.
    Even the Los Angeles Times has cited MiceAge in the past.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Even the Los Angeles Times has cited MiceAge in the past.
    Yep. And nothing to show for these rumors.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Former Churro Jockey

I listed to the KROQ podcast last night, and they're reporting the old MiceAge update that they're going to build the Millennium Falcon walkthough and the speeder bike ride and all that. So I guess whoever is reading through the MiceAge updates is way behind. Maybe in a month or so they'll get to the article where all of that was put on hold and then that will get reported as well...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast