View Poll Results: Which FANTASMIC! is better?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walt Disney World

6 10.17%
  • Disneyland

53 89.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• out & about

FANTASMIC!... DLR vs WDW?

Im a So Cal native who grew-up on Disneyland. I recently made a move to Florida where I Work, Live and Play at Walt Disney World as a CP. My assignment while I am here is at Disney/MGM Studios working Fantasmic. I see the show every night. Ive noticed its a little different than F! at DLR. For those of you who have seen both shows, which do you like better?

DLR or WDW?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: FANTASMIC!... DLR vs WDW?

I definitely like Fantasmic better at Disneyland. The one at WDW seemed too long and I didn't enjoy the whole scene ending with Pocahontas at all. However, I like the dedicated stadium with seating where everyone can see a lot better than trying to tip toe to see over people at Disneyland.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

^^^^ exactly!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• e komo mai

No question about it. Disneyland's version is wayyyy better. The Pocahontas section of WDW's Fantasmic! drags the whole show down.

Peter Pan rocks.

• done

Hands down - Disneyland. WDW doesn't have the Twain or the Columbia, and you're so far away from everything. They have a far inferior version of the show.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    WDW doesn't have the Twain or the Columbia...
    The steamboat thing they do have looks like it's going to shake itself apart as it moves. Cheap-o construction if ya asked me.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

Someone pointed out to me that the reason Disneyland's Fantasmic!(C) seems so much cooler is because it takes place in the heart of the park. It combines thematic elemments out of something that wasn't there a few hours ago, and it seems more magical because of the fact that we have all seen these things during the day. The WDW version (which needs to drop the sequence where every Disney character born makes a guest appearancein a bubble on the water screen) seems too contrived and more static...here sit down...look at this show. I do...however like the Pochahontas sequence minus the stuff on the island, I like the canoe bit.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• out & about

Although the random viewing areas at DL sometimes make for tough viewing situations I prefer it to WDW amphitheater. The reason... I like the natural setting of DLs F!. The lack of organized seating and viewing areas makes it seem like the show is just something that happens naturally in its natural environment/setting... Mickeys Home!

The structured open air theater and aluminum seats with dedicated merch booths/carts, food stands etc. makes WDWs F! feel too atificial. It makes it feel like a scheduled performance rather than an event that is actually taking place.

I think its for that reason that people always leave WDW F! early, before the "show" is over.

WplusK.com

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanSkippa
    Someone pointed out to me that the reason Disneyland's Fantasmic!(C) seems so much cooler is because it takes place in the heart of the park. It combines thematic elemments out of something that wasn't there a few hours ago, and it seems more magical because of the fact that we have all seen these things during the day. The WDW version (which needs to drop the sequence where every Disney character born makes a guest appearancein a bubble on the water screen) seems too contrived and more static...here sit down...look at this show. I do...however like the Pochahontas sequence minus the stuff on the island, I like the canoe bit.
    EXACTLY!

...Except for the whole Pocahontas thing. I think that part is soooo lame! (and does everyone I work with) No one even like Pocahontas. I feel like they are trying to force her on us. I dont even think its fits the context of the plot (Does mickey really dream about Jon Smith & Poca? I doubt it!). Plus the Peter Pan sequence is much, much, much, much, much cooler (classic)!

WplusK.com

• Former Epcot CM

I like the Pocahontas scene, and I know I am one of few. This may be due to the fact that I have only seen the WDW version in person.

But I have seen the DL version on video (yes I know it doesn't compare) and I feel the Pink Elephants sequence is completely irrelevant and ruins that portion of the show - the music is completely unsuitable. Plus MiceChat is so Disneyland biased (not that that is at all a bad thing, don't get me wrong, I'm sure the DL version is better) that this poll's results could already be determined without opening it.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Again! Again! Again!

Definitely Disneyland. Main reasons....use of both boats in the show!! The Peter Pan part is the best part. And then all the characters on the Mark Twain! It makes for a bigger and better production rather than a little tug boat coming out with a few characters on it.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I like the Pocahontas scene, and I know I am one of few. This may be due to the fact that I have only seen the WDW version in person.
    Oh my. You simply must see DL's version in person. There's a little known fact that there is a special tribute to British Disney fans in the Disneyland Fantasmic! that is only visible in person and won't show up on video.

Alright, there isn't such a tribute, but you simply must see it.

• Rock Star Minion

DL's show is better, for all the reasons mentioned above.
    The seating area in WDW is huge, but that's required for the crowd.
    One thing I did not like about the WDW setup, at least when we went: the show started when the park closes, so afterward there is a huge mass of people walking to the exits and the buses all at the same time. I think it would be cool to ride ToT or RnR one last time before leaving. (Of course, if everyone thought that, there would be problems at those attractions, too.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I think it would be cool to ride ToT or RnR one last time before leaving.
    I remember feeling the same thing as we were leaving.

Also, when you're waiting to get into the show, you have to wait quite a long time in order to get good seats. During that whole time, they were trying hard to get me to buy glowing/light up stuff in line. That really bugged.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Oh my. You simply must see DL's version in person. There's a little known fact that there is a special tribute to British Disney fans in the Disneyland Fantasmic! that is only visible in person and won't show up on video.

Alright, there isn't such a tribute, but you simply must see it.
    Awww I was just about to spend my life savings on air tickets to California!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California