Mickey's Toontown house

If Mickey's house in Toontown were to be re-built in a different area of the park, where would you put it?

I think it should be built near Walt's apartment on Main Street at the front of the park.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Mickey's Toontown house

I don't think it would be rebuilt elsewhere. Mickey would just get another meet and greet. While the wait is longer back in Toontown is does have more capacity since there are multiple Mickeys to meet.

I think they would build a place something like Fantasy Faire, where you would be split into 1 of multiple paths and meet Mickey, Minnie and another friend or two.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

If they were to replace Fantasy Faire, my vote goes to a Main Street park where Mickey and friends are having a picnic.

• Disneyland History Lover

They don't need to relocate ToonTown or Mickey's House. Just do away with it and install Villain's Cove; a sort of anti-Fantasyland ruled by the villains, overlooked by Maleficent's castle at the back of the land. I'd rather they create a new meet and greet for Mickey and Friends in DCA in the Hollywood Studios Backlot, complete with a new theme for that area of Hollywoodland.

• Not the Hawkguy

Mickey and Co already do meet and greets on Main Street, among other places, so removing the meet and greet in Toontown wouldn't be a terrible loss. If they did, though, I wouldn't want them to rebuild the house anywhere else, because it doesn't fit the theme anywhere else (unless they transplant Toontown to the Hollywood Backlot, which is possible but not probable).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Are you trying to split up Mickey and Minnie!?!?!!?!?

• Minion

ORWEN: I just don't understand all these posts about doing away with Toon Town or Mickey's House. Toon Town is adorable and needs to stay right where it is. Stop trying to make Mickey a homeless rodent like they did in Florida. He deserves a roof over his head! So do Minnie, Donald and Goofy.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Toontown would be nice if stylistically it paid more homage to Disney cartoons instead of Warner Bros. Mickey's house is not built the way Walt would have drawn it. Unless Mickeys house is rebuilt in a style to fit into Main Street then it doesn't belong there at all.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I hope that Magic Kingdom turns the theater where they do the Mickey Meet n Greet into a Victorian style house worthy of the mouse. I really hate the backstage/theater theme.

As for Toontown, I really want to see the land expanded in some form or another. Though moving to DCA's Hollywoodland would be a great alternative if all else fails.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Disneymom

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    They don't need to relocate ToonTown or Mickey's House. Just do away with it and install Villain's Cove; a sort of anti-Fantasyland ruled by the villains, overlooked by Maleficent's castle at the back of the land. I'd rather they create a new meet and greet for Mickey and Friends in DCA in the Hollywood Studios Backlot, complete with a new theme for that area of Hollywoodland.
    Really don't like this idea. Sounds like taking Mickey out of Disneyland. Mickey Mouse is what Disneyland was built on. A dream, A mouse.

• Disneymom

I completely agree. I love ToonTown for the little kids and the big kids who want to remain kids. Mickey Mouse belongs in Disneyland more than any other character and deserve his own residence. Just like Walt has his in the FireHouse.

Cali <3, But You'll find me in Agrabah sometimes

I can't really say because...Toon Town is perfect for his house!
    Princess Jasmine's trainee

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Toontown would be nice if stylistically it paid more homage to Disney cartoons instead of Warner Bros. Mickey's house is not built the way Walt would have drawn it. Unless Mickeys house is rebuilt in a style to fit into Main Street then it doesn't belong there at all.
    This is absolutely true. One can definitely tell that Toontown was built in the wake of WFRR and leaned heavily on that film's predisposition to a Warner style of animation. It has always bothered me that Mickey's house seems like he must have bought it from Bugs Bunny.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Mickey and Minnie's are just fine, and in Disney Style.

Yes, the business section of Toontown, where Roger Rabbit's attraction is, does have WFRR zaniness and more angular buildings, just as it should. But the two section of Toontown blend together in a great way. It's so much better than the "temporary" Toontown Fair area that WDW built on the cheap, and kept WAY TOO Long for how awful it looked. DL is so lucky they didn't just get stuck with a worse version of Toontown fair!

I have to disagree with the idea that Mickey and Minnie's houses are in "Disney Style" and this analysis does a much better job of explaining why than I ever could (another kudos to FoxxFur)
    *Passport to Dreams Old & New: Lightning in a Bottle? Storybook Circus
    Particularly, the juxtaposition of Mickey's house from Mickey's Birthdayland at WDW (not the best iteration of the "Toontown" concept, but the better iteration of Mickey's house) really shows how out-of-character DL's Toontown architecture is.