Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Alice in Wonderland refurb delayed?

My days in the park will be February 6-8 and I just checked the Disney calendar once again to see what has been changing after Pirates got taken off the refurb list. Not only is BTMRR still not listed past January 31st, but Alice in Wonderland isn't listed anymore either. Did Alice get delayed once again?

As of right now the only rides scheduled to be down for refurbs are Finding Nemo Subs, Its a Small World (6-7 only), Sailing Ship Columbia, and Splash Mountain.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Alice in Wonderland refurb delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    My days in the park will be February 6-8 and I just checked the Disney calendar once again to see what has been changing after Pirates got taken off the refurb list. Not only is BTMRR still not listed past January 31st, but Alice in Wonderland isn't listed anymore either. Did Alice get delayed once again?

As of right now the only rides scheduled to be down for refurbs are Finding Nemo Subs, Its a Small World (6-7 only), Sailing Ship Columbia, and Splash Mountain.
    I noticed the same thing. The Disneyland media page shows it to be closed as of last Monday, however checking today's schedule (although the park isn't open yet), it appears to be open. I was going to check MouseWait or Mouseaddict later today.

My trip is after yours (2/23-28). I'm just assuming that Alice will be closing 'sometime soon' so I won't be disappointed. Probably a delay in getting materials, permits, or manpower.

I just wish I could see a Disney source for the DLRR being closed starting 2/24. I've seen it on non-Disney websites, but nothing 'official'. DLRR really makes getting around easier for me later in the day.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• The doctor is in

I have checked MouseWait the past couple days just for fun and noticed it had Alice listed as returning May 22nd, but it had a posted wait time.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I have checked MouseWait the past couple days just for fun and noticed it had Alice listed as returning May 22nd, but it had a posted wait time.

Ha. Been doing the same. Checked about 5 min ago. Appears open.

I don't plan trips based on refurbs, more on crowds. But it would still be nice to be able to have more faith in the info we do get from Disney. I always try to take fan site info with a grain of salt.

I know things happen. If Disney were just a little faster in updating their info. Even if it was to 'delayed, start TBD' rather than removing it from the list, getting our hopes up, then bam! Closed!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Here's my 2 cents

Alice info in the Miceage update last Tuesday

"At about the same time Big Thunder Mountain reopens after 14 months of work, Alice In Wonderland will finally close for its long overdue refurbishment to replace the exterior track. The Alice closure was pushed back yet again from January to February, as TDA and WDI both buy some time to try and salvage as much of the lavish dark ride improvements originally budgeted for the 60th anniversary as they can. If Burbank agrees to unfreeze the budgets for the remaining Anaheim projects while they try to stem the flow of red ink on the massive MyMagic+ project in WDW, the Fantasyland dark ride improvements will get the green light, so we could still see that fully animatronic and expressive Queen of Hearts yet. But if the budgets remain on lockdown through this winter, this year’s Alice refurbishment will focus solely on replacing the exterior track with a wider version that meets California’s strict employee safety standards for fall protection."
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Chief Troublemaker

Thanks, Tom. But what I look for is official Disney information. Miceage may be right, but until Disney actually posts the new refurb date for Alice on their website, I continue to hope (LOL).

As I mentioned, it would be nice if they had just changed Alice to 'delayed', even without a start date, on the refurb list.

• Here's my 2 cents

well, remember Disney has "officially" closed the Subs for refurbishment.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Chief Troublemaker

Which I believe to be true. Time will tell. As with the Alice refurb and the DLRR being down starting 2/24.

• #bringevilback

Just to confirm, Alice has been indeed been open, at least as of yesterday.

The interactive park map on the disneyland website has the refurb starting Feb 3

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by bjmort View Post
    The interactive park map on the disneyland website has the refurb starting Feb 3
    I must be doing something wrong. When I go to here; https://disneyland.disney.go.com/att...isneyland/map/ I then click on Alice, but nowhere do I see the refurb dates.

Help?

Last edited by bjmort; 01-11-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Wow! What browser are you using or are you logged in or something? When I go to that same page and click on Alice, the info box I get just shows the first three lines (ie, stops after the word "Fantasyland").

Nevermind! I figured it out: there's a date field at the top of the page, if none is entered, it's as I described above. If I put in today's date (or any other date) it shows that date's hours and the closure notice in italics.

I'm just using safari on my mac

• The doctor is in

Now I'm confused. The map shows Pirates closed until February 13th, but it isn't listed on the daily calendar. I was also able to make a Blue Bayou reservation for the 7th of February. Is it going to be closed or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast