Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

best way to get from LAX to Disneyland

Hey everyone, planning my next trip for 2/24-3/3 and was wondering what you all think is the best way (and cheapest) to get from LAX to Disneyland
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

•   
    • Minion

Re: best way to get from LAX to Disneyland

The cheapest would be taking mass transit (G shuttle to the Green Line to Norwalk Station to the 460 bus). That takes about two and a half hours, however.

You pretty much have a choice between the shared vans (Supershuttle and Primetime) and the Disneyland Express bus. The shared vans are about $15 but they take forever because they circle the airport multiple times. The last time I used Primetime it was two hours, and a full hour of that was spent in the airport, circling for passengers.

Disneyland Express is usually my choice (I live in LA but traveling to Disneyland is easier via LAX for me). It's slightly more expensive than Supershuttle/etc. - I think it is $36 roundtrip now - but it will get you there in an hour.

And BTW, the Disneyland Express is a full-sized coach. There are some sketchy small vans that also have the words "Disneyland Express" written on them, and those aren't the real one.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If you can fly into John Wayne instead. World of difference.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If you can fly into John Wayne instead. World of difference.
    there was also a world of difference in price to each airport, it was about 2/3 the cost to fly virgin to LAX then Alaska to John Wayne
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Possibly less of a world of difference, depending on the math once you figure out the transportation cost from the one airport vs the other.

• Minion

my round trip airfare is 160... i'm a massive scrooge on the travel and lodging so that I don't have to be a scrooge at the park
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Best way to get from LAX to Disneyland, is to contact Super Shuttle. They will pick you up in a van, and take you to whatever hotel you want. Typically costs around $15 per person.

• Minion

ORWEN: Why not learn to fly a broomstick to Disneyland from anywhere for free??? That's what I always do!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    my round trip airfare is 160... i'm a massive scrooge on the travel and lodging so that I don't have to be a scrooge at the park
    Since you already bought the plane tickets, it's a moot point... but did you check the price of Jet Blue, from Seattle to Long Beach Airport?

It's also $160 return... and trust me, it is WAY easier (and cheaper) to shuttle from Long Beach Airport to Disneyland.

I live in Vancouver (Canada), and we always fly from SEA to LGB airport. If you haven't got your plane tickets yet, then absolutely fly into LGB and shuttle from there.

• Artistic integrity

LOOK NO FURTHER THAN HERE - THERE'S NO BETTER ANSWER THAN THIS:

The Disneyland Resort Express

Southern California Gray Line - Disneyland Resort Express

This is the official bus service the Disneyland Hotel uses, ... and requires no reservation/booking through them.

You just call the Gray Line phone number to sort out any details you need to know.

I have been using this for years. I make my way to the outer-ring at LAX ... wait for the white bus to show up ... with "Disneyland Resort Express" sign on the front. They come around once an hour. They'll load up your baggage. When you get to the DLH ... they'll pull your bags out. Be ready to give them a small tip. (I give them 1 dollar per bag). It's been around 23 dollars, which you can pay in cash when you arrive at the DLH ... the buses are comfy. Best means to the DLR ... from LAX.

Just look out for white buses that look like this:

MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

And BTW, the Disneyland Express is a full-sized coach. There are some sketchy small vans that also have the words "Disneyland Express" written on them, and those aren't the real one.
    I completely missed this post - Malina beat me to it.

But yes ..... ignore the smaller shuttles that say "Disneyland Resort Express" .. they are bogus.

You keep your eyes out for the big Coach bus in white. Like the picture I showed.

The Disneyland Resort Express buses use to have large graphics all over the bus ... but they've since stripped all that off their fleet, and are now completely white. The only signage is above the windshield.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• MaliBOOMer

Super Shuttle. It's like $10.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Laughing Place Finder

I fly from Seattle to LAX and vacation with the family at Disneyland once or twice a year. We've been doing this for about 8 years and have a pretty good system in place for our trips.

We fly to LAX not only because it has the greatest number of flight options at usually the best prices, but the deciding factor for me is that I can always get the best rental car deals near LAX. Flying into Burbank, Long Beach or John Wayne the rental car deals tend to be nowhere near as good.

I rent a car because we like to visit the beaches and make trips from Anaheim up to the SF Valley to see friends. If you'll be spending the whole trip in Anaheim then you won't really need a rental car and you can be fine taking one of the shuttles from LAX and using public transport around Anaheim.

I always check MouseSavers for info on rental car deals and usually manage to get a Camry, Fusion, Malibu, Charger or similar car for less than $100 per week when I play my cards right. I usually use Alamo because they have good cars, good deals and their policy usually allows you to use a debit card for the rental without getting charged a ridiculous deposit as long as you are in town with a round-trip plane ticket.

If you do rent a car and are looking for the best driving route from LAX to Anaheim I offer you my patented best route with the usual caveats about this can depend on traffic, road construction, accidents and time of day:

Get on the 105 Freeway headed east to the 710 South.
    Next take the 91 East and use the carpool lane if you can to I5 south.
    After about 5 miles either take the carpool lane exit for Disneyland Drive if you are going straight to the parks and/or one of the Disney owned hotels or else take the Harbor Blvd or other appropriate exit for wherever you are staying in Anaheim.

The best part of this route is that it gives you a direct route with carpool lanes most of the way as well as maximum flexibility to take alternate routes should there be an accident blocking a freeway or some other traffic nightmare.

Cheers and best wishes on your trip. If you have any questions just let me know.
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Super Shuttle. It's like $10.
    Does the Super Shuttle make stops along the way to pick up or drop people off?

If they do, then it takes longer.

You can't beat the big comfortable coach bus ... with a one way trip to the DLR before stopping off at any other hotel ........ for less than 25 dollars.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Minion

Thanks Darth, luckily I am only doing the parks... I may venture out of "the bubble" to go see Hollywood Babble-on, but I'd only do that if one of my friends wanted to go too. Also the interesting thing is that this will be my first trip completely on my own, no family, no school group, and no friends either. Since my last trip was with my then gf who spent maybe 1/5th of the trip with me, I need to eliminate those memories with 8 days of insane fun
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast