Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Indiana Jones - Left or Right

I always take the one that the crowd isn't currently going to.

People tend to have a herd mentality when waiting in line so generally one side ends up being ignored while the herd follows each other.

• Vidia's Minion

Usually whichever is shorter if the line is long. If it's short then the left since I usually wind up on the left side then (not always depending on the number of vehicles they have on the track) and having MS it's easier to get off on the left side so I don't have to climb up and around the stairs. It's very doable just prefer not to when walking around all day.

Usually, if one person notices that one line is shorter they will go there and everyone follows, so I go to whichever side is the opposite from the one everyone else is going to. It's so short at that point that neither side is really "longer" by more than a ride vehicle or two.

I've noticed that most of the time you end up at the opposite loading station from where you started. So I tend to go right (unless it's overcrowded) so I don't have to take the long way/stairs out of the building.

I never really thought about this before, but after putting a little bit of thought into it, I think I take the right hand side more frequently than the left. I'm not sure why. It just seems to work out that way.

• I'm not really here

I take which ever one is shorter. Since the left side is physically shorter, though not by much really, it is usually the left side. However, if people are backed up on the left and at the top of the stairs on the right, I go right.

As to which side you get on vs come off on, this depends on the number of cars on the ride at any given time, odd or even. If even, you come back to the same spot. If odd, you come back to the opposite side. This applies to Thunder, Screamin', Small World as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Not the Fallen

Definitely the left!

Picking which side is different for It's A Small World. The left side is slower because it is the wheelchair accessible side and if they have to unload and load a wheelchair 4 or 5 boats can go by on the right side.

• Foolish Mortal

Jungle Cruise I go to the right, many people don't even notice that going to the right is an option.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Picking which side is different for It's A Small World. The left side is slower because it is the wheelchair accessible side and if they have to unload and load a wheelchair 4 or 5 boats can go by on the right side.
    I wasn't talking about which line is shorter with the small world thing. Just the fact that if you get on the ride from the right, if there are an odd number of boats, you will probably come back to the right side. Although, thinking about it, with small world having 2 boats in load on each side at a time, that isn't necessarily true. It would be if it was a single vehicle per station per side like Thunder/Screamin'.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• keh!

Every time I go it always seems like the right moves more than the left to me. Many times I've tried the left and see so many on the right step a lot further than I do. I even make a marker out of one of them and notice they line up at the gate before I do, even when they were a few people behind. So I like to stick to the right side.

Now when it comes to exiting, I always hope for the left, because I don't want to climb stairs on the way out. You heard me.

Which side I go on more frequently has to do with if the person in front of me has been irritating during the wait. If so, I go whichever way they didn't, even if it looks longer/slower moving. My exception is on Pirates, where I always go right, because the left path winds round behind the treehouse and near the elevator and I have no idea why but it always smells like garbage back there. I can't stand it.

• No Disassemble!

The left because it is shorter. Now if it were Small World I would definitely go right.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Both sides will typically move at the same pace. The left side may appear to move faster, as the north side of the station is able to be double grouped (two groups of four lined up), while the right side (south station) can only be single grouped. In addition, all wheelchairs and DAS groups will be accommodated on the north side of the station, so it really is a wildcard depending on how many vehicles are on the track/how many guests are coming out of the elevators that need assistance.

I have tried to figure out whether one or the other is better many times and I have come to the conclusion that, as a rule, the lines are pretty similar, barring some craziness occurring near the front of the line to slow one side down (which actually seems to happen quite often in whichever line I have chosen).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast