Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    929

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Nope. No DAS usage at character meets at Disneyland.

    Also, yesterday there were guests lining up at 9am for an 11am opening. and it stayed at 2 hours for the entire day.

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    800

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Today, no line for Princess meet at Fantasy Faire. 10 People waiting after the show to meet Rapunzel and Eugene. 10-12 in line to meet Belle.

    5 minute wait for Merida. Short lines to meet Snow White and the Evil Queen at the Wishing Well, no line to meet Mary Poppins and Bert at Coke Corner.

    BUT, 2 hour wait to meet Anna and Elsa!
    Many little Annas and Elsas in the Park....
    FROZEN is a big hit, still in theaters, and Golden Globe winner last night.

  3. #18

    • #bringevilback
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Plus when I walked in Ariel, Cinderella and Belle were all meeting TOGETHER just inside the gate! Crazy! Plus Cruella had two groups and Pluto had maybe 4. Overall the parks are much much less crowded from last week, thank goodness! It's about time it slowed down!

  4. #19

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    996

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    The parks were wonderfully NOT crowded today, and there were lots of characters around (esp. DL).
    Does anyone else here have a Disney Visacard? They have a special setup in DCA where they have a character meet-and-greet (I think it's from 10:30AM-1:30PM) every day, and give you a voucher for a free 5x7" print. So far we've gone a few times and each time the characters have been either Minnie or Stitch. I don't know if they've just been the regulars lately, or if they vary who's there or not.

  5. #20

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    22

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    I went to Frozen Meet and Greet at Wednesday Jan 8th. I thought it would be less busy. Boy I was WRONG! I started lining up a little bit before 10 AM and there were already quite a long line in front of me. My family ended up meeting Anna and Elsa at about 12.30 PM with hungry stomach and all

  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    are they always there together??? (Please say yes)
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  7. #22

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    are they always there together??? (Please say yes)
    No. Elsa is best caught in the mornings if you want both princesses.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

  8. #23

    • Queen Elsa
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,758

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Not always sometimes it's just Anna.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    No. Elsa is best caught in the mornings if you want both princesses.
    so what you're telling me to do is go straight there on day 2 of my trip first thing in the morning to guarantee I see both of them (I have 8 days so plan on seeing as many characters and seeing all the shows this time)
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

  10. #25

    • #bringevilback
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    The parks were wonderfully NOT crowded today, and there were lots of characters around (esp. DL).
    Does anyone else here have a Disney Visacard? They have a special setup in DCA where they have a character meet-and-greet (I think it's from 10:30AM-1:30PM) every day, and give you a voucher for a free 5x7" print. So far we've gone a few times and each time the characters have been either Minnie or Stitch. I don't know if they've just been the regulars lately, or if they vary who's there or not.
    They do not vary, it's always Stitch or Minnie, switching every half hour. I wish you could still use the voucher for another photo...last week none of the pictures they took of my niece were any good!

  11. #26

    • #bringevilback
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    so what you're telling me to do is go straight there on day 2 of my trip first thing in the morning to guarantee I see both of them (I have 8 days so plan on seeing as many characters and seeing all the shows this time)
    Yes, I'd go morning. I was talking to the people in front of me in line for PFF and they were so disappointed they had waited two hours and only got Anna, when Elsa was the one their daughter really wanted to see. You'd think they'd have enough friends of each to keep them staffed all day. They'd had 2+ hour waits for nearly two months now! which is plenty of time for them to hire additional friends...

  12. #27

    • Queen Elsa
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,758

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Yes, I'd go morning. I was talking to the people in front of me in line for PFF and they were so disappointed they had waited two hours and only got Anna, when Elsa was the one their daughter really wanted to see. You'd think they'd have enough friends of each to keep them staffed all day. They'd had 2+ hour waits for nearly two months now! which is plenty of time for them to hire additional friends...
    No you would think send Elsa is the most popurl then Anna is they would have Elsa out more then her. Sometimes I don't get Disney. The hide the most famous characters at times and leave the not-famous out longer.

  13. #28

    • Quiet As A Mouse!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Posts
    2,062

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    are they always there together??? (Please say yes)
    They are suppose to be, but things happen to meet only one.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    996

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    They do not vary, it's always Stitch or Minnie, switching every half hour. I wish you could still use the voucher for another photo...last week none of the pictures they took of my niece were any good!
    Thanks Cassie - too bad! Well, I guess it's still neat that they offer this.

  15. #30

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bothell, Wa
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

    I'm gonna have to ask them if they want to build a snowman
    Trips coming up:

    May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Visa Character Meet and Greet
    By BasilofBakerStreet in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM
  2. Who should be the next character to become a meet and greet face
    By mouseinphilly in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
  3. Meet and Greet
    By doombuggy driver in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 10:06 PM
  4. A look at the new Cars Meet and Greet at DCA
    By Darkbeer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-01-2006, 08:29 PM
  5. Question on character meet and greets...
    By mikemgmve in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •