Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

Speaking of character meet-and-greets, does anyone know how to meet Mickey (at his house in ToonTown) in anything other than his tux? Am I more likely to meet Bandleader Mickey, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, or Steamboat Willy if I go in the morning, or on a weekday? Is it truly random?

I've only been to his house in ToonTown a couple of times, but both times he was in his standard tux. Some tips would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Speaking of character meet-and-greets, does anyone know how to meet Mickey (at his house in ToonTown) in anything other than his tux? Am I more likely to meet Bandleader Mickey, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, or Steamboat Willy if I go in the morning, or on a weekday? Is it truly random?

I've only been to his house in ToonTown a couple of times, but both times he was in his standard tux. Some tips would be nice.
    I've only seen him in his tux there, too.

It truly is random. Ever notice how there's Mickey's film library with all the shelves? The shelves slide, revealing different doors, all of which lead to different rooms with Mickey in his different outfits. For this, it's able to have a high capacity.

• Minion

Sometimes, for whatever reason, Mickey wears his tux in every room.

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll just keep trying for non-tux Mickey.

• Blew By You

Good to be lucky sometimes. On one visit with my daughter, we ate lunch at the Village Haus. Repunzel was at her meet/greet area at that time. My daughter did want to me with her but the line was too long. So we began our lunch. My daughter was viewing some video on my camera, so she was not paying attention that Repunzel was standing behind her. Finally, Repunzel spoke and my daughter got her surprise visit and hug. It was no more than a 15 second visit but I guess that was more than enough for my daughter. So, sometimes, a princess roams around Village Haus, but not for a long time.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Good to be lucky sometimes. On one visit with my daughter, we ate lunch at the Village Haus. Repunzel was at her meet/greet area at that time. My daughter did want to me with her but the line was too long. So we began our lunch. My daughter was viewing some video on my camera, so she was not paying attention that Repunzel was standing behind her. Finally, Repunzel spoke and my daughter got her surprise visit and hug. It was no more than a 15 second visit but I guess that was more than enough for my daughter. So, sometimes, a princess roams around Village Haus, but not for a long time.
    It's probably when she was on her way in or out...the M&G is connected so going through the resultant might be the quickest/easiest way backstage

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    It's probably when she was on her way in or out...the M&G is connected so going through the resultant might be the quickest/easiest way backstage
    It was proably the easiest way to avoid getting mobbed. She exits near the gates of Big Thunder Trail.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• I am number 4 of 999

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll just keep trying for non-tux Mickey.
    It's a brave and noble quest, on which you are not alone. For I, too, am on that quest.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Minion

now to be fir, for those of you that want "non-tux mickey", why not just go see him in DCA where he is dressed as a 20s guy? Or is it that you want to see him as Steamboat Willie or Sorcerer Mickey? I know I saw him in the sorcerer outfit a LONG time ago (I was little) in his house (late 90s??).

Random note, but I was looking through the album and saw pictures from 2000 of my brother and I with Hook and his outfit looked kinda pink and we were somewhere near the Matterhorn (its in the background). But I can't figure out why the one time I can remember seeing the Beast (with picture proof) I appear to have been in Tomorrowland. I have pics with both Goofy and Beast that appear to have TL in the background (Goofy definitely is in TL and I'm 98% positive that Beast is too). Did there used to be a character dining thing in TL in 2000?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    now to be fir, for those of you that want "non-tux mickey", why not just go see him in DCA where he is dressed as a 20s guy? Or is it that you want to see him as Steamboat Willie or Sorcerer Mickey? I know I saw him in the sorcerer outfit a LONG time ago (I was little) in his house (late 90s??).

It's like you just said. We want to see Steamboat Mickey or Band Leader Mickey and Fantasmic Mickey that is why we want to do his house. I have gotten him twice in Streamboat as well as Band Leader. The last time I ever got Mickey in Fantasmic was when DCA had Draw to the Magic. So I would like to get him again in that outfit.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Random note, but I was looking through the album and saw pictures from 2000 of my brother and I with Hook and his outfit looked kinda pink and we were somewhere near the Matterhorn (its in the background). But I can't figure out why the one time I can remember seeing the Beast (with picture proof) I appear to have been in Tomorrowland. I have pics with both Goofy and Beast that appear to have TL in the background (Goofy definitely is in TL and I'm 98% positive that Beast is too). Did there used to be a character dining thing in TL in 2000?
    The last non-tux Mickey I saw at his house was in the morning, not too long after rope drop, but that was 3 years ago now (jeeze, time flies) I don't know that the time had anything to do with it though...

To reply to your side note, I have been wondering about the Tomorrowland character link myself lately (sparked by the "interesting stories thread") The home movie from my first visit in the late 80's shows me meeting Pooh over in front of what looks like Tomorrowland Terrace. I also recall meeting Eeyore at sometime in the 90's there, we walked away from him with out our pen for autographs and he started to follow us, stomping as loud as he could to get my grandma's attention lol

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
    The last non-tux Mickey I saw at his house was in the morning, not too long after rope drop, but that was 3 years ago now (jeeze, time flies) I don't know that the time had anything to do with it though...

To reply to your side note, I have been wondering about the Tomorrowland character link myself lately (sparked by the "interesting stories thread") The home movie from my first visit in the late 80's shows me meeting Pooh over in front of what looks like Tomorrowland Terrace. I also recall meeting Eeyore at sometime in the 90's there, we walked away from him with out our pen for autographs and he started to follow us, stomping as loud as he could to get my grandma's attention lol
    nice. Yeah, its very strange, I'll try to scan the picture so I can post it, luckily its a slip album and not a sticky album

also I think they should add the Band Leader Mickey to Paradise Pier, and if there is room somewhere near the TLM ride make a M&G spot for Ariel as Mermaid much like the one that used to be in DL
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Queen Elsa

make a M&G spot for Ariel as Mermaid much like the one that used to be in DL
    They where going to have a meet and greet with Ariel in mermaid form by her ride but they scrap the idea because of her restaunt beening across from her ride and it wouldn't make any scends to have two Ariel's so close to each other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123