Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

Hi guys! So I go to DLR regularly and enjoy meeting characters. I've been to Frozen Royal Reception twice now, both times before the movie was released, so the lines were much shorter (they are up to nearly two hours most of the time now). I want to avoid the long wait. I hear if you get to the park within the first hour of opening - which I rarely do - the lines for rides and such generally are shorter. But Frozen doesn't open up until 11. Here's my question: do you think that if I were to get there at 10:30 and wait it out until the attraction opens I wouldn't have to wait as long as I would have to in line? Do others do this?
    This may sound stupid, but some of you may know or have advice so I'm just curious. Thanks!

Re: Avoiding long character Meet-and-Greet Lines

When we were in the parks the weekend of 12/14 we got in line at 9:50 am for 11:00 frozen meet & greet. We met Elsa & Anna at approx 11:15. Line was very long all 5 days we were there - usually 120 min on the board.

And be aware that Elsa generally is absent in the late afternoon.

Limted access - high demand = long line!

• World of Color

It all depends on what time the park opens that day (depending on the day the park could open any where from 8-10) and if you get to the line at least one hour before they open up the meet and greet you should be fine.

• The doctor is in

The best way to get a shorter line for just about anything is to get there early.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The best way to get a shorter line for just about anything is to get there early.
    This.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Of course the downside to that is that, while you might get the M&G early once it's opened, and in fact be in a shorter line number-of-people-wise, you're still waiting in the line for an hour.

I was in that vicinity last week at 9:30am and there was already a decent-sized line for the Frozen M&G. There should be smaller crowds in general this week compared to last though, so lining up before 11 might actually cut the wait some. Still, if I were you I'd go in assuming it'll be at least an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Yassi1 View Post
    Hi guys! So I go to DLR regularly and enjoy meeting characters. I've been to Frozen Royal Reception twice now, both times before the movie was released, so the lines were much shorter (they are up to nearly two hours most of the time now). I want to avoid the long wait. I hear if you get to the park within the first hour of opening - which I rarely do - the lines for rides and such generally are shorter. But Frozen doesn't open up until 11. Here's my question: do you think that if I were to get there at 10:30 and wait it out until the attraction opens I wouldn't have to wait as long as I would have to in line? Do others do this?
    This may sound stupid, but some of you may know or have advice so I'm just curious. Thanks!
    Your best bet if you are a regular visitor is to simply skip trying to meet them for a year. After all you said you've already done it twice. For me I don't see the attraction to going for multiple meet and greets with the same characters you've seen over and over again. Thankfully my kids also see no point in doing it so when we visit we only have to waste time waiting for a character that they haven't already seen before.

If your dead set on seeing them again then avoid Friday, Saturday and Sunday... Aim for a Monday as long as it isn't a holiday... But meet and greets for new characters are always long and Frozen is apparently very popular with the kiddies so expect the line to continue to be long for about a year.

• #bringevilback

This week Mon-Thurs DL opens at 10, so your best bet would be to go straight there at RD and you'll only have about an hour wait

• Minion

I was wondering the same thing but just overall crowd levels this time of year during week days (mon-thurs, non holidays). It will be pretty dead compared to say MLK right??
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Just out of my own curiosity, can the DAS be used for Meet N Greets?

I'm not trying to start any arguments, i've just never seen it mentioned anywhere

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

There was a family with DAS waiting next to us in line: and it didn't appear that their DAS avoided the line.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Mackster View Post
    After all you said you've already done it twice. For me I don't see the attraction to going for multiple meet and greets with the same characters you've seen over and over again.
    Perilly you don't know me. I go back to the same charater over and over again. Infact I see some of the same characters at less 3 to 5 times in one day. But at different times. I have also when to see Elsa and Anna twice in the same day. Once I got finish seeing them when right back around for my second vist to them

Thank you all for your tips! Yeah, I usually like to meet some characters more than once but if there's a high demand then I usually skip it. Unfortunately the only days I can really go due to my schedule are Sundays, and my AP expired last month and I won't be renewing until Febuary. So I might just get there at 9:50 or something one weekend next month and hope for the best. Thanks again!

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post

I'm not trying to start any arguments, i've just never seen it mentioned anywhere
    At DLR, no, they cannot, however at WDW where they have fastpasses for M&G they can

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ELD View Post
    There was a family with DAS waiting next to us in line: and it didn't appear that their DAS avoided the line.

The best thing they can do is at least one person waits in line while the rest of the party waits to the side or go on rides. Once the person gets to the front of the line, then the rest of the party can join them.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast