Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

about this whole Tomorrowland becoming Star Wars Land thing

ok, IF any of this rumor is true, why exactly hasn't Disney announced it in an official capacity yet (parks blog)??

Don't get me wrong, I find the idea interesting, but I don't find it to be all that practical, and it doesn't make sense to me why they would go to the trouble of building a gradual home for the Avengers in Innoventions knowing they plan to remove the whole building and then evict our heroes...

I've seen the argument of "well star wars = big $$$ and Disney knows that and they have big plans for it in the parks" But couldn't one say the same about Marvel? Iron Man 3 and Avengers are 2 of the highest grossing films of all time. And I honestly think in 2015 that Avengers 2 will slightly ot perform Star Wars simply because the last movies have all been good and so many SW fans have a general distaste towards the prequels.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Re: about this whole Tomorrowland becoming Star Wars Land thing

I personally think there isn't enough room in Tomorrowland for both Marvel & Star Wars. I think Disney, when the time comes for a third park, will carve out a huge chunk of that for Marvel.

One of the cast members had told me that the employee parking lot just south of the tower of terror at Disneyland was going to be converted to house the new Star Wars land, because she would have to find a new place to park, starting in 2014, and I have never heard of cast members lying to any visitor to the park before, everything that I had been told has come to past, starting with Star Tours 2!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    One of the cast members had told me that the employee parking lot just south of the tower of terror at Disneyland was going to be converted to house the new Star Wars land, because she would have to find a new place to park, starting in 2014, and I have never heard of cast members lying to any visitor to the park before, everything that I had been told has come to past, starting with Star Tours 2!
    Never truly believe a Cast Member. That doesn't even sound right.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    I personally think there isn't enough room in Tomorrowland for both Marvel & Star Wars. I think Disney, when the time comes for a third park, will carve out a huge chunk of that for Marvel.
    Oh, no doubt about it, but until that happens I don't want to see us lose the home of Marvel characters in the resort because lets say innoventions gets gutted in 3 years, well park 3 probably won't get started until closer to the 75th anniversary.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Donald's #1 Fan

Marvel & Star Wars belong in DCA (well, not really - but they sure as heck DON'T belong in DL).

I don't think the plan was ever to gradually build a Marvel home in Tomorrowland. It was a cheap and easy way to promote the new films & draw some people to the parks in what was otherwise a dead zone.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta View Post
    Marvel & Star Wars belong in DCA (well, not really - but they sure as heck DON'T belong in DL).
    Are you saying Star Tours doesn't belong in TL??
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    ok, IF any of this rumor is true, why exactly hasn't Disney announced it in an official capacity yet (parks blog)??
    Simple, plans aren't finalized, budgets haven't been green lit and the project is still a ways from earnest construction (probably aiming to open in 2018).

I'd imagine a splashy announcement around Episode VII release makes more sense, having it open in time for VIII.

Now, if you are questioning whether this project exists at all? Refer to Iger's comments and D23.

The problem is some people don't want the project or don't understand it, so they argue it isn't true, like that somehow will change things.

• Minion

now with the Ewok village bit of the rumor, how does that happen if the Subs don't go anywhere?? they're closed for a refurb right now, which also doesn't make sense because if they have to get rid of it at all for the SW overlay of TL, then why spend the money to refurb it now?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Are you saying Star Tours doesn't belong in TL??

Exactly. It's a perfect fit for the Disney Hollywood Studios. It has nothing to do with the future, though. Not in the way The Vision of Tomorrowland, on e dedication speech, stated it.

• Minion

Exactly. It's a perfect fit for the Disney Hollywood Studios. It has nothing to do with the future, though. Not in the way The Vision of Tomorrowland, on e dedication speech, stated it.
    personally I have no issue with Marvel and Star Wars in TL, look at Cap and Iron Man, but very scientific in their "powers", as for Star Wars, maybe not the characters but I think the technology in the films is in our future
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    I personally think there isn't enough room in Tomorrowland for both Marvel & Star Wars.
    They are both there now ant there seems to be plenty of room.

Unless they are in a CA setting, they don't belong in CA Adventure. Tomorrowland is a much better fit for both properties as they have currently been applied.

Is this April 1st? How does interstellar tourism not have anything to do with the future?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney Dork

What's wrong with star wars in tommorrowland? If you not pick every single ride at disney land then you won't have fun. Just relax and enjoy whatever they put there. Though Marvel would fit just fine. I always thought maybe a Stark Expo where Inoventions is would be cool.
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you

-Walter Elias Disney

I don't think there's a problem with something from Star Wars going into TL, and Marvel stuff has a place within both of the parks. (A 40's era Captain America would be great in Hollywoodland, a Norse folklore heavy Thor ride could work in the edge of Fantasyland [where the Skyway was maybe?] or use the Space Opera-y material in TL and of course the Stark Tech themes already gel in Tomorrowland.)
    I think the problem comes with just lazily pasting over a WHOLE land with one theme and not adding anything other than merchandizing opportunities. The current rumor is they'd be taking out Autopia, Nemo, and Innoventions for ONE ride and then updating EO into some 3D Star Wars movie... which already exists. It's called Star Tours. This all goes without explaining what's going to happen to Buzz Lightyear (not that it's an amazing ride, but it is still a ride) and floating that the only other things being added (besides numerous gift shops) are the Cantina and giant model of the Millennium Falcon.

So... in what world does losing four attractions to make this rumored Star Wars Land sound like a good idea? Where do all the guests go that were siphoned off by these things? Other than a pair of shows, nothing new has been added to this park. (Oh Starbucks!)
    I agree TL badly needs a revamp, but I thought taking rides out and replacing them with nothing of equal or greater value was WDW's bag... what's going on here??
    ALWAYS LET YOUR CONSCIENCE BE YOUR GUIDE

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast