Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93
  1. #76

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Both inner and outer lines were still pretty long when I went by yesterday - despite the cool weather! As we had just had a late lunch (at Carnation), we weren't desperate for our Dole Whips, so decided not to wait in line.

  2. #77

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Posts
    3,663

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So basically this 'refurb' consists of one more machine and one more cash register? I guess that should speed things up a bit if they've increased the staff, too.
    They make newer and much higher powered soft-serve machines that will put out a lot more product per hour - Bigger compressors, water cooled condensers, pre-chillers on the holding tank... They aren't cheap, so only places that need to crank out soft-serve by the ton will buy them.

    There are also ways to pre-mix or continuous-mix the Dole Whip mix and automatically pump it into the machines as needed - but I'd need to get up close and look. They might have needed more room in the back-room for the extra plumbing, so they pushed out the side wall.

    If they can eliminate some of the CM hand labor in making pre-mix and constantly refilling the machines, that's a good thing. Get it down to three or four people making and serving the products, and two cashiers doing nothing but handling the money, they can move the lines a whole lot faster. Which would easily pay for the upgraded equipment and extra bodies.

    --<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

  3. #78

    • Done with MC.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bothell Wa.
    Posts
    1,961

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    FWIW, if anyone is planning on visiting the Island of Oahu you can get a real Dole whip at the Dole plantation.
    We're going there (first time) instead of DLR this year and I'm thinking this is going to be the best part LOL!

    Scott

  4. #79

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    853

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    FWIW, if anyone is planning on visiting the Island of Oahu you can get a real Dole whip at the Dole plantation.
    We're going there (first time) instead of DLR this year and I'm thinking this is going to be the best part LOL!

    Scott
    Also at the Dole plantation do the maze and ride the railroad.

  5. #80

    •   
    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach,CA
    Posts
    7,219
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    if disney can keep four castmember in the booth the line will be short.
    One CM make dole wip non stop One servie and take the money.
    So a Dole wip is wait you to eat.
    Disney now have pump to the unit with the premix
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan





    Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

    Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

  6. #81

    • I Miss Carnation Plaza
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    114

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    I tried replying to the Dole Whip Outside Disney Parks thread but I see it was closed.

    In any event, I thought I'd add more location to that has dole pineapple whip. It's in a store in the Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia, California called "Sweet XO". The store has all kinds of candies in bins sort of like Sweet Factory, but they also have a self-serve frozen yogurt and ice cream machine area in the back, and one of the flavors is Dole Whip. I got a small one and having just eaten the whip last weekend at Disneyland I'm certain its the same.

  7. #82

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    I tried replying to the Dole Whip Outside Disney Parks thread but I see it was closed.

    In any event, I thought I'd add more location to that has dole pineapple whip. It's in a store in the Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia, California called "Sweet XO". The store has all kinds of candies in bins sort of like Sweet Factory, but they also have a self-serve frozen yogurt and ice cream machine area in the back, and one of the flavors is Dole Whip. I got a small one and having just eaten the whip last weekend at Disneyland I'm certain its the same.
    Ooh, I don't live too far from there, will have to check it out.

  8. #83

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Close enough to be at DLR in 30 minutes on a good day
    Posts
    8

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Sounds good, Spankie. I'm buying, but only for you!

  9. #84

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by Topsie View Post
    Sounds good, Spankie. I'm buying, but only for you!

    (LOL - did you just sign up on this forum so you could get friends to go to the mall and have Dole Whip with?)

  10. #85

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    1.5 Hours from Disneyland
    Posts
    162

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Going to the Dole Plantation in Hawaii was one of the highlights of my trip!

  11. #86

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Close enough to be at DLR in 30 minutes on a good day
    Posts
    8

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post

    (LOL - did you just sign up on this forum so you could get friends to go to the mall and have Dole Whip with?)
    I signed up because I have this thing about singing pirates and their parrots. And the invite still stands, at the mall or at the park!

  12. #87

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by Topsie View Post
    I signed up because I have this thing about singing pirates and their parrots. And the invite still stands, at the mall or at the park!
    Waaaaaa!
    Name:  4610066501_df12c0ee17.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  182.7 KB

  13. #88

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    778

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    They have dole pineapple flavor frozen yogurt where I am but it's grainy.

  14. #89

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,013

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    For anyone in Northern California, they also have a Dole Whip stand out at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, where the portions are always big and there are no lines. I've also had Dole Whip out at its "home" at the Dole Plantation in Wahiawa, Oahu and it certainly is a nice place to try it if you're going for that "100% pineapple" experience to go along with your dole whip, though unfortunately they don't have a Tiki Room out there!
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

  15. #90

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Northern California.
    Posts
    80

    Re: Dole Whip Stand is down for Refurbishement

    Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    For anyone in Northern California, they also have a Dole Whip stand out at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, where the portions are always big and there are no lines. I've also had Dole Whip out at its "home" at the Dole Plantation in Wahiawa, Oahu and it certainly is a nice place to try it if you're going for that "100% pineapple" experience to go along with your dole whip, though unfortunately they don't have a Tiki Room out there!
    haha i was JUST there a few days ago and got one!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
  2. Dole Whip for $.35 an ounce!
    By ducksman in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2009, 08:54 PM
  3. Dole Whip question!
    By wolfy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
  4. Club 33 - Down for Refurb?
    By tolowmoe in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •