Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• "What? What?"

Re: How to Fix (some of) Adventureland

Don't movie the Dole Whip stand.

When we went to Disneyland World and had to walk around and find the dole whip before getting in the tiki room, it took a special something out of the dole whip.

The Tiki Room and the Dole Whip feed off each other making each other more special.

They do need to come up away of making their serving time and money exchange more efficient, but moving it would not be a good way of doing that. There is actually a descent amount of room right there they could figure it out.

I think they should add ordering kiosks across from the stand, (touch screen with a credit card reader deal, that prints out a voucher) then take the voucher across to the stand. Heck you could sprinkle a few kiosks through the area. IN the gift shops, in the tiki garden, at the food location by jungle cruise. They could then add another machine to the stand and have a computer system letting them know how much has been ordered and coming to pick up. Even better, put times on the voucher for pick up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    When we went to Disneyland World and had to walk around and find the dole whip before getting in the tiki room,
    I'm confused by this; was this at Disneyland or Walt Disney World?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I'm confused by this; was this at Disneyland or Walt Disney World?

At Disneyworld I'm sure. There the Tiki Room is about in the middle and on the north side of Adventureland. Dole Whips are sold at a location that is called Aloha Isle which is located about where we would find our Juice Bar but also on the north side of the path. It's nothing like DL.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I really don't think so. At that point of the cruise you are returning to Civilization and for decades before the Oasis had an open view of the JC. Let me go find one of the pictures.
    I don't think it would ruin any illusions. As you embark on the Jungle Cruise, you do pass the Indy queue, which some skippers very cleverly intertwine into their spiels as leaving civilization behind or just making fun of tourists. It would definitely be a nice transition back to civilization and maybe do something with Trader Sam.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

h
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteJ View Post
    If you're really going to "fix" Adventureland, take the vast amount of real estate currently being used by Jungle Cruise and put in a great new E ticket. Any other changes would be inconsequential. There is just too little space for what could easily be one of the most exciting themed lands.
    BLASPHEMY!!!

• Tourist

I'd love to see the Tahitian Terrace brought back, even as counter service without the live show.

I'd also be happy to see the return of the Swiss Family Tree House. I went on the Tarzan version only once, and vowed to never experience that disappointment again.

Quote Originally Posted by TFN5459 View Post
    I don't think it would ruin any illusions. As you embark on the Jungle Cruise, you do pass the Indy queue, which some skippers very cleverly intertwine into their spiels as leaving civilization behind or just making fun of tourists. It would definitely be a nice transition back to civilization and maybe do something with Trader Sam.
    You make an excellent point. Bring on the views of Jungle Cruise!!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland67 View Post
    I'd love to see the Tahitian Terrace brought back, even as counter service without the live show.

I'd also be happy to see the return of the Swiss Family Tree House. I went on the Tarzan version only once, and vowed to never experience that disappointment again.
    I got over that after going a few times. I enjoy the Treehouse now. It's not really that big of a deal IMO.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

In response to fears about DL removing Jungle Cruise.... I'd have to imagine it loads at least twice as fast as the subs, making the capacity much higher. I've never been on Finding Nemo version of the subs (have been on the Epcot ride though) because the line alway seems so long. Jungle Cruise line never seems that bad.

• Super saucy pixie!

For me, the only thing I really, truly want to see fixed in Adventureland is the stroller and queue situation. I haven't been to Disneyland in a while, but it seems whenever I do, the Fastpass Indy line is crazy and the strollers are just, everywhere. Reclaiming some rarely-used Jungle Cruise queue for stroller parking would cure so much of the congestion in that area. I also very much miss the steel drum band that used to play atop the Jungle Cruise queue. It lent such a great feeling of being transported to a totally different environment.

I also vote for bringing back the Tahitian Terrace. That would just be fun!! And returning the Swiss Family Robinson tree to how it was and eliminating the other tree in front would be helpful, too.

Some good ideas in here.

Adventureland doesn't need much but some of the minor changes listed in this thread would make for welcome improvements.

1. Change Aladdin Meet and Greet area back to it's roots as the Tahitian Terrace or possibly a different theme that would complement Indy and the Jungle cruise more (Indian Restaurant perhaps?)
    2. A different spin on the Dole Whip hut. make it serve only the people inside the Tiki Room waiting area which would eliminate the line of people waiting to get a Dole Whip there but would require....
    3. Selling Dole Whips at the Bengal BBQ. Whether this includes a retheme of the Bengal BBQ or not isn't necessarily a requirement. just adding them there would relive the pressure on the main stand at the Tiki Room.
    4. Remove FP from Indy!!!
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    Some good ideas in here.

Adventureland doesn't need much but some of the minor changes listed in this thread would make for welcome improvements.

1. Change Aladdin Meet and Greet area back to it's roots as the Tahitian Terrace or possibly a different theme that would complement Indy and the Jungle cruise more (Indian Restaurant perhaps?)
    2. A different spin on the Dole Whip hut. make it serve only the people inside the Tiki Room waiting area which would eliminate the line of people waiting to get a Dole Whip there
    I'm down with the above... as long as they put the darn Swiss Family Treehouse back and get the tree out of the walkway.

I quite like the idea of converting Aladdin's Oasis to something akin to the Aladdin walkthrough in Paris.

Aladdin's Oasis needs to return to the Tahitian Terrace, and make it more for the adults. When I was a kid, in the 70s, that is what it was, basically. A dinner and show for the grown ups. I did like when Aladdin's Oasis had the Indiana Jones show for one summer, especially with the audience interaction. The could still do a show like that featuring actors portraying real-life explorers like Sir Richard Burton & John Hanning Speake and Albert Schweitzer.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by judearmstrong View Post
    h

BLASPHEMY!!!
    LOL.
    In all honesty, if they ever remove the Jungle Cruise, I fear for the future of the park.
    Nothing will be sacred.
    I know the park isn't a museum.
    But change, for the sake of nothing more than change, isn't cool either.
    And taking attractions out, to let the land sit idle, or see a lackluster attraction put in its place, is even worse IMO. People Mover and Innoventions noted.
    As for Adventureland, I concur that a return to the Tahitian Terrace would be really nice. It could use another eatery where you don't have to stand up.
    And Swiss Family Treehouse? I loved it. Bring it back!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast