Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Thumbs up How to Fix (some of) Adventureland

Allow me to elaborate: the Dole Whip stand is currently under refurb, and that means no line crunching up together at the entrance to Adventureland. There is an unused Aladdin's Oasis that primarily serves as a bathroom location. How can this land be properly redone?

Simple.

Dole Whip Stand
    The stand is closed and is taken out completely. Where does the Dole Whip move to?

Bengal Barbecue
    The main dining stop here is taken out in favor of a Dole Whip stand to better accomadate the crowds. Plus, it already has its own queue set up anyways. But does the food from BB still survive?

Aladdin's Oasis
    After sitting unused as a food location for several years, the Oasis is given a new menu and can finally make use of its tranquil space. With a new dining area (and a possible use of a new performing group?) fit to accommodate the BB crowd, there is a more open feel to Adventureland here.

"Don't worry...our Disneyland ride will come soon."

Re: How to Fix (some of) Adventureland

I wasn't aware that Adventureland was broken. I think it's just great as-is. But I do think Aladdin's Oasis is under-used. It is more than a bathroom though. They do Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine meets there regularly.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I wasn't aware that Adventureland was broken. I think it's just great as-is. But I do think Aladdin's Oasis is under-used. It is more than a bathroom though. They do Genie, Aladdin and Jasmine meets there regularly.
    Well, I'm not much of a meet-and-greet person, but now I know!

And while AL isn't "broken", but it certainly does have its shortcomings, mostly because of its size and the fact that they try to cram so much. This would at least help it breathe a little.

"Don't worry...our Disneyland ride will come soon."

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I say remove the cave from Aladdin's Oasis and let the seating area have a view of the Jungle Cruise
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Singing Drinker

I'd love to see Aladdin's Oasis be converted to a one-stop stroller dropoff for all Adventureland attractions. Maybe set it up so that the use is free for the duration of the longest standby wait in the land plus half an hour, light hourly charge if you just want to abandon your vermin cart.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• formerly very helpful

My problem with the Aladdin Oasis area is that the desert motif of it doesn't match with the tropical jungle motif of the rest of it. I would be happy if they rethemed it to some kind of jungle-type area. A sit down restaurant could be nice. Perhaps some type of dinner theater/entertainment. It could be themed to Indiana Jones or something if they needed to tie it into an established franchise. I bet lots of people would be happy to see a return of the Tahetian Terrace, but personally, I would be happy with somethig else, as long as it also fit thematically and was well done.

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I say remove the cave from Aladdin's Oasis and let the seating area have a view of the Jungle Cruise
    I'd love a view of the Jungle Cruise, but this won't happen because then JC'ers would have a view of the Oasis, which spoils the illusion.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Under that tree again!

I would like rope bridges through the canopy of the jungle cruise used as an entrance and exit to Raging Spirits. Raging Spirits is the superior to DL Paris' mine cart coaster. Have it right against the railroad with temple walls facing the track.

It would go over a small part of the Esplande, mainly displacing the lockers, picnic area and guest services.

That would give AL another major attraction.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Minion

Some ways that I would improve Adventureland is through returning the Tahitian Terrace, and returning the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. In doing this, they should get rid of the first tree that you climb up on Tarzan's Treehouse that creates a massive bottleneck on the pathway to Pirates. I'm fine with everything else.

• The "zip" in your doo dah

If you're really going to "fix" Adventureland, take the vast amount of real estate currently being used by Jungle Cruise and put in a great new E ticket. Any other changes would be inconsequential. There is just too little space for what could easily be one of the most exciting themed lands.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Some ways that I would improve Adventureland is through returning the Tahitian Terrace, and returning the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. In doing this, they should get rid of the first tree that you climb up on Tarzan's Treehouse that creates a massive bottleneck on the pathway to Pirates. I'm fine with everything else.
    I second returning the Tahitian Terrace as well. If it were reinstated as a counter service restaurant, it would provide a great dining option in Adventureland and I'd actually like to see them remove Bengal Barbecue because it is taking up valuable walking space in the land that is at a premium in that corner of the park. You could move over the more popular menu items from Bengal Barbecue and do a menu similar to Tangaroa Terrace and have a pretty solid eating establishment. As well, to kill two birds with one stone, you could also move the Dole Whips over here as well and remove the "roadblock" at the entrance to Adventureland. As far as attractions go, I like the current lineup of attractions and I hope it stays that way as long as they keep them in good shape and perform regular maintenance. If we did have room however, I'd probably like to see something along the lines of a dark ride that is themed to the Jungle Book.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

• Donald's #1 Fan

I like Adventureland, but... I don't stay there too much. Too cramped.

The Jungle Cruise is a classic, and it stands for everything DL was - ingenuity, adventure, etc. But it's terribly, terribly outdated. Nobody ever cared to update it. As it is, I'm not completely sure it's still relevant - a good skipper makes for a great cruise, but they can't deviate from their spiel, so what's the point? There's no human factor involved. I'd rather have a funny, inventive skipper that makes every ride different...

But honestly, I'd rather have a major attraction update or a new one.

I'd like to see Bengal Barbecue removed so that the Dole Whip stand can take that place and Aladdin's Oasis could become an Aladdin themed restaurant with some of the Bengal Barbecue food moved there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I think Tarzan as a theme for the treehouse is fine, but you just gotta work on the execution. Get rid of the Walkthrough Fantasyland Ride aspects, add some props and references related to the Tarzan books/The animated show Disney did to adapt other Tarzan books and there you go.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Embrace You!

Although it would be very small, I always thought the idea of a Polynesian dinner show/luau would be interesting for where Aladdin's Oasis sits right now. It would tie into the Tiki Room next door.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast