Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

Disney Cast Member Interview Advice?

Hey everyone!

I just got an interview at the resort for attractions and I'm completely terrified!!!

I just wanted to know some tips and what to expect from those who have been through the interview process. I just don't want to mess up and let my nerves get the best of me.

And also, thanks to those who can help!

Re: Disney Cast Member Interview Advice?

Congrats!!

Just be peppy and most importantly confident in your answers. Make sure and ask the interviewer a question or two.

Good luck!

Yes, it is VERY important in any interview to ask the employer questions about the job. It shows you are really interested in the position. I would practice answering some basic interview questions you can find online (what are your strengths/weaknesses and so on).

Just be confident, smile and show some personality. Congrats and good luck!

• Minion

I think they're looking for extroverted people who smile a lot, appear happy and enjoy chatting.

As a theme park employee, I would say act inviting. That's a huge plus and one of the major things they're looking for. Be inviting, and excited! Never let that smile leave your face!
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

•   

All of the ordinary interview advice you can find online applies. What's specific to Disney is the expected level of cheeriness and enthusiasm.

Having full availability all day every day also helps. The Disneyland Resort is a 24/7 operation.

Good luck!

• Former Churro Jockey

Enthusiasm and professionalism. Dress appropriately, which means a nice blouse and then either a nice dress skirt or pants. Try to look relatively conservative, which is what Disney is looking for. They'll ask you a few questions, but mostly they're looking for enthusiasm. If you are super excited to be interviewing for the job then I'd say as long as you don't have a face tattoo or something you'll probably get it. One question that did trip me up for a second in my interview (back in 1996, so who knows if they still use it) was "What Disney character would you say you are most like and why?" So have an answer to that one in your back pocket just in case.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Banned User

Women should wear a nice dress or pants and blazer combination. Men should wear a dark suit. First impression is extremely important. No outrageous makeup.

Have a pad with pen and paper. Be prepared to answer questions, which you absolutely must nail. Trust me from trial and error. You don't want to blow it. It may be your only chance to get a job there. If you fail, they won't reconsider you for at least 6 months.

Write down at least 3 questions that you want to ask them. The questions should imply you did some research on the company and convey that you know some things about the company in relation to what you want to do. Have some informed comments ready (no jokes or sarcastic responses or inappropriate laughter) and followup questions if they are relevant. You responses should indicate that you listened to the interviewer and you absorbed the information.

If you have terrible nerves, practice in a mock interview.

• Miss Teen Scene of 2010

Thank you guys so much!! I honestly haven't scored many interviews before so it's helping a lot!) This is my second theme park job (worked at Universal Studios) so I'm hoping I can get most of this right.

Passion can do a whole lot. I see that you've been here for quite some time. If you're passionate about Disney and know a lot on how their culture works, you should be good to go.

Don't be or nervous. Talk to them just like you were talking to a few friends and ask questions.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Dont make me unfriend you

Smile and have fun. If you can't do that, smile and act like you are having fun.

Good luck!

EDIT: They will ask about you working at Universal. Why did you leave? Did you enjoy it? What did you learn working there?
    Be prepared for those questions.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Smile a lot, be friendly and personable, and have a good answer for why you want to work for Disney!

Try to calm your nerves beforehand, but it's not the end of the world: my recruiter mentioned how nervous I seemed, but I still managed it get hired on the spot into attractions. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by itsxxdomoxxkun View Post
    Thank you guys so much!! I honestly haven't scored many interviews before so it's helping a lot!) This is my second theme park job (worked at Universal Studios) so I'm hoping I can get most of this right.
    dont be too nervous. I remember being really nervous for my interview with them a few years back, then when I started working with them and I met other CM's I realized they must have really really low standards lol.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Brush your teeth.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast