Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    46

    Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    This is a pic of a table at Carthay Circle. When four people are seated, two sit on the bench against the wall, and the other two each sit in a chair, which backs up to the chair at the adjacent table.

    We dined about two weeks ago, and when we were seated, the chair I would have sat in was, literally, inches away from the table. The person in the chair that backed up to where I would have sat was very tall, had very long legs, and had pushed his chair back so he was comfortable . . . but this positioned the chair where I would have sat, in an impossible position for anyone to sit. I asked the hostess to sit us somewhere else; we had a late reservation (after 9pm) so there were plenty of open tables.

    Why would anyone design restaurant seating this way, where one guest's comfort is contingent on how another guest sits in their chair? Bizarre, IMO.

    “A fanatic is someone who redoubles his effort when he has forgotten his aim.” – George Santayana

  2. #2

    • MaliBOOMer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,252

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    The inefficiency of that set up hurts me.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

    Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Because by squeezing everyone up they might get one more table in. Disney loves their $

  4. #4

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    I've not been inside the Carthay. I'm surprised at how unattractive that is, regardless of the space issue. The table and chairs/banquette don't seem to match. Do they usually have a table cloth or something to make it look more coordinated? Is this what the entire restaurant looks like or was this in the lounge? I'm kinda disappointed!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  5. #5

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    110

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Is this what the entire restaurant looks like or was this in the lounge? I'm kinda disappointed!
    I believe they call this the garden dining area. It sits between the main dinning room and the patio. While the main dining room is beautiful, I find this area quite unattractive even with tablecloths. Be sure to ask for a table in the main dinning room when making a reservation. It won't guarantee you a better table, but at least you can hope.

    The rumor I heard was this area was originally supposed to be for the 1901 lounge but at the last minute that decided to put that downstairs. Otherwise, I can't understand why they didn't extend the main dining room into this location. It definitely feels like they were planning on using this area and the patio for something else. It is set up like a banquet room with no permanent fixtures.

  6. #6

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,266

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    That's a pretty tight squeeze. You'd think for such a high priced meal the seating would be a little more comfortable.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.








  7. #7

    • Chief Troublemaker
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere, out there
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckyDelite View Post
    I believe they call this the garden dining area. It sits between the main dinning room and the patio. While the main dining room is beautiful, I find this area quite unattractive even with tablecloths. Be sure to ask for a table in the main dinning room when making a reservation. It won't guarantee you a better table, but at least you can hope.


    The rumor I heard was this area was originally supposed to be for the 1901 lounge but at the last minute that decided to put that downstairs. Otherwise, I can't understand why they didn't extend the main dining room into this location. It definitely feels like they were planning on using this area and the patio for something else. It is set up like a banquet room with no permanent fixtures.
    Thanks for the tip! Yes, pretty unattractive. How hard would it have been to get some 'lighter' looking tables? If they're going to call it 'garden' they could have used glass or plexi topped wicker-ish material. What's there looks like they ran to some other eatery & swiped some tables. At the very least, powder-coat the base white & then throw the tablecloths on.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

  8. #8

    • Here's my 2 cents
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Potsdorf, Carpania
    Posts
    827

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Important tip: when making a reservation for CC ask to be seated in the main dining room, the OP's pic is correct for the annex dinning room except a white table cloth is missing, its seems rather ordinary for fine dinning, always ask for the main dinning room!!!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tempe
    Posts
    261

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Dining.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    2,225

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Wow. That is one ugly dining area. That, combined with the back-to-back seating would upset me.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    802

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Quote Originally Posted by DuckyDelite View Post
    I believe they call this the garden dining area. It sits between the main dinning room and the patio. While the main dining room is beautiful, I find this area quite unattractive even with tablecloths. Be sure to ask for a table in the main dinning room when making a reservation. It won't guarantee you a better table, but at least you can hope.

    The rumor I heard was this area was originally supposed to be for the 1901 lounge but at the last minute that decided to put that downstairs. Otherwise, I can't understand why they didn't extend the main dining room into this location. It definitely feels like they were planning on using this area and the patio for something else. It is set up like a banquet room with no permanent fixtures.
    Thanks Ducky! We've eaten there quite a few times and this setup just didn't look familiar. We've been in the main dining room, as well as a room adjoining it (can't recall, but think it may have been the "Hollywood" room) and they were very nice comfortable setups.
    A couple of times we almost got seated right next to the entry (where the restrooms/stairs/elevator access is) and asked for a different table in a less high traffic area. Each time they found us a table more to our liking.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    256

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeper View Post
    This is a pic of a table at Carthay Circle. When four people are seated, two sit on the bench against the wall, and the other two each sit in a chair, which backs up to the chair at the adjacent table.

    We dined about two weeks ago, and when we were seated, the chair I would have sat in was, literally, inches away from the table. The person in the chair that backed up to where I would have sat was very tall, had very long legs, and had pushed his chair back so he was comfortable . . . but this positioned the chair where I would have sat, in an impossible position for anyone to sit. I asked the hostess to sit us somewhere else; we had a late reservation (after 9pm) so there were plenty of open tables.

    Why would anyone design restaurant seating this way, where one guest's comfort is contingent on how another guest sits in their chair? Bizarre, IMO.



    amazing... my first glace I thought, but, people have legs....

    I have this theory that there is something in the water that interferes with higher brain function
    or common sense

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    256

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    I'd have a problem with that too, like, you get pretty poor seating unless you know to ask for better seating? Am I mistaken, this isn't a cheap place, right?
    We've found lately you have to ask for hot food in Tortilla Joe's and Story Tellers... though in Tortilla Joe's you have to ask several times... and it still isn't hot.... (nothing like a cold tamale)... instead of arguing, I think I will just eat a Pizza port and save my better-meal money for outside the park
    eventually someone more perceptive comes to power and then things change ;-)
    all I have to do is live long enough

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, CA
    Posts
    974

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeper View Post
    This is a pic of a table at Carthay Circle....

    Gawd, that's an ugly table in a dreary dining room.

    A REMINDER: Mimi's Café over on Harbor has new corporate management and new menus. Great service, great food, at decent prices.

    You don't have to put up with these types of dining environments just to give TDA your money and Mary Niven a bigger raise and new company Cadillac this year (she gets a new Caddy and free gas from the company every single year now). If that's how Carthay Circle treats its customers for the privilege of dining in their restaurant, you don't have to put up with it.

  15. #15

    • I am number 4 of 999
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Carthay Circle - table seating issue

    Ooooo! I'd like to throw in that when I ate at Carthay in the Hollywood room the electricity had been off most of the day, but they sat us in there anyway! It was dark, and spooky! They were relying on the light and the shadows from the other rooms to give you enough light to see what you were doing!

    Tacky, tacky, tacky!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] STOP!: DCA's Carthay Circle Theater tower isn't good enough
    By jcruise86 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 10:27 PM
  2. [Rumor] Walt Disney Plaza - Carthay Circle Theater Rumor
    By DisneyPro in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
  3. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 10:34 PM
  4. Carthay Circle Theatre Idea for DCA
    By steve2wdw in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •