View Poll Results: Star Wars Land: Attraction Rumors/Projections That Most Excite Your Inner Jedi/Sith!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Wars ride w/ technology that is equivalent or superior to USH Transformers and IOA Spiderman

10 28.57%
  • SW ride w/ tech equivalent or superior to Forbidden Journey - and/or Disney Soarin'' ride system

4 11.43%
  • SW project placing new version of Astro Orbitor atop building by Space Mountain

9 25.71%
  • Millenium Falcon walk-thru on former Astro Orbitor platform (w/ R2D2)

9 25.71%
  • Tatooin Cantina hot spot replacing Tomorrowland Terrace (possible w/ SW VII charcters)

15 42.86%
  • Speeder Bike ride - featuring trek thru forrest and an Ewok villaige - &/or SW themed Jet Pack ride

16 45.71%
  • Inverted coaster w/flying vehicles that travel about land w/ holo-Luke, Hans and Leia

6 17.14%
  • Jedi Talk With Yoda interactive (like Turtle Talk w/ Crush - or redesigned SW watercraft (Subs) ride

5 14.29%
  • Swivelling "Gallactic Mine Coaster" - and or indorr SW villains robo-coaster

4 11.43%
  • Recycled DL 60th Nostalgic "Bloopers side of the Force" presentation w/ hosts Jar Jar Binks

1 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Star Wars Land: Attraction Rumors/Projections That Most Excite Your Inner Jedi/Si

Rumor has it that you're right. But I'm waiting for official word from Disney.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Star Wars Land: Attraction Rumors/Projections That Most Excite Your Inner Jedi/Si

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    You know what I find most ironic about this whole Star Wars in Tomorowland rumor? MiceChatters often complain about too many movie tie-ins in the park already. Yet many but not all of them seem to be okay with more of that particular franchise in it?
    Star Wars is too iconic of a creative/cultural phenoenon for throngs of Disney park goers not to get a rush of enthusiasm over possible upcoming redes themed to the enterprise. A galaxy far, far away seems to be coming close, close, closer our way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    For the record - If it were up to me - I want to see the pendulum swing back to original content for a while. And the only I.P. I wish to see in DL .. is one that was planned back in the 70s - A Mary Poppins ride. And leading up to 2014 (which is now) ... I was hoping for it's 50th Anniversary ... would have been great to see this finally realized. And have Julie Andrews dedicate it, at it's opening. (While she's still alive.)
    Just don't understand what keeps Disney from creating a Mary Poppins attraction. The company recently in it's Saving Mr. Banks film went to the trouble of featuring the importance of the the magical nanny and Bert to the success of the Disney brand. So what gives with the reluctance to tap it as a source for a full-fledged actual ride experienve?

I think it is inevitable that a ride will be built at some point in the future. Like you, Tomorrowland, I sure wish it would happen while Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke are alive to breath talent, warmth and laughter into it's dedication. Disney accountaneers need to take a spoon full of sugar and make the medicine go round....in the most delightful-califragilisticl way!

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    I think that is great. Why should we get accurate, unauthorized advance warning of upcoming surprises from Disney? What's wrong with a little suspense and uncertainty? .
    Great point.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    What "favor" are we doing ourselves? Seems to me that refraining from speculation about rumors and current topics only hurts a discussion board like MiceCHAT. Look, I know that you, TL, care about this site--you are a gold member and contribute monetarily to its continued success--this site lives off of money which is made by us talking endlessly about a lot of stuff we know nothing about. So, I think everybody should speculate and believe what they please on these discussion boards. Who cares if it doesn't "have wings"? Let's face it, many (if not most) of Disney's own official announcements are just as unreliable as rumor can potentially be.
    Great points all, fo'c's'le swab. Nothing but good and positive energy is gleened and perpetuated through speculation and the discusion of Disney park rumors and ideas for upcoming attraction. It's all a pretty natural phenomena for enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Rumor has it that you're right. But I'm waiting for official word from Disney.
    Well put.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

I'm not a fan of the 3D simulator attraction things that Universal likes to build. There's no charm or whimsy to them. They just feel like watching a movie in a very expensive theater, not a ride to me. Just my humble opinion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BradyNBradleysMom View Post
    I'm not a fan of the 3D simulator attraction things that Universal likes to build. There's no charm or whimsy to them. They just feel like watching a movie in a very expensive theater, not a ride to me. Just my humble opinion.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I mean, once in a while, they're fine, but I tend to prefer attractions with physical props like Pirates and Haunted Mansion compared to a movie simulator ride like the Simpsons and Star Tours.

• film975

I was just thinking if the Star Wars redo of Tomorrolwand simply means a generic spaceport theme from the Star Wars universe then I could at least live with that. Going that route would give Tomorrowland a technologically advanced yet timeless quality to its architecture. And it would allow the non-Star Wars attractions to fit within that theme as well. But we'll never know for sure until Disney finally makes an announcement about this.

• 1 man can make a difernce

The Cantina and Falcon would be awesome. I don't think the terrace has enough room though. Maybe replace the pizza port.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Gino USMC View Post
    The Cantina and Falcon would be awesome. I don't think the terrace has enough room though. Maybe replace the pizza port.
    I really do hope the co. is looking at other locations throughout the DLR for a possible "Star Wars" land.

It may be iconic, and some major Star Wars fans just druel over the sight of the Millennium Falcon.....

But seriously .. .there is nothing aesthetically pleasing of having this - http://www.thestarwarstrilogy.com/St...alcon%2022.jpg

in some prominent view outside in Tomorrowland. I'm a Star War fan .. but honestly - ^^^ That's just butt ugly! I don't care how iconic it is. I can yell - "Go Falcon!" in a 2 hour film.... But In full 3D reality .. to sit in a prominent park like Disneyland for decades to come ... the only things that will do .. are things that are pleasing to the eye.

At least the Moonliner Rocket is sleek, elegant and aesthetically pleasing to sit out in TL for all these decades.

And about the Tatooine Cantina:

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/fanart/cantina.jpg

A dusty, dirty, dank, dark, moody bar that fits Knott's Ghost Town better ... have a place in High Tech/Ultra Modern land of Tomorrowland?

It's another UN-aesthetically pleasing piece .. that only adheres to the biggest of Star Wars geeks ... and not the overall public at large.

Whatever is in Tomorrowland's longterm future ... Because we're talking concrete and steel structures that will stay for several decades ... Only the most visually pleasing sights will do.

But if things like a Mos Eisley Cantina, or the Falcon, or those "loveable" Ewoks, in their tribal villages takes up another spot in the DLR .... Seems it will be alright. And hold a higher standard for the original park.

Walt Disney set the bar high for DL itself .. and it needs to stay that way.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-19-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

If they repurposed Mission: Space for a Star Wars ride I'd be okay with that, sort of like how Test Track morphed into RSR.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    How about none of the above.
    Lol!

Every time I walk by Cars Land, I think of how it could have been Tatooine. Imagine Jabba's palace up on the bluff, Route 66 as Mos Eisley with the cantina and Millennium Falcon itself, the cars replaced with landspeeders...

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Every time I walk by Cars Land, I think of how it could have been Tatooine. Imagine Jabba's palace up on the bluff, Route 66 as Mos Eisley with the cantina and Millennium Falcon itself, the cars replaced with landspeeders...
    I support this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123