Sad No renewal discount for Premier AP?

So, our Premier APs are up for renewal next month, and today I received the renewal letter. But the renewal price is the same as the outright price of $979 each. So, I called Florida, and they stated that, while Premium has a renewal discount, Premier does not. Is that really correct? Because that seems odd.

Honestly, in the past we've never really cared about the renewal discounts, because we would just take a short break from Disney from one pass to the next. But this time we have a trip a mere 3 weeks after our passes expire, so I was interested in seeing if the renewal discount was going to be large enough to offset the 3 week earlier expiration.

If it is true that I have to pay full price for the next passes, I've heard it's cheaper, sales tax wise, to purchase in CA then it is in FL. Is that true?

• Suspended

Re: No renewal discount for Premier AP?

Sales tax appears to be 6.5% in Orlando and Lake Buena Vista.
    Sales tax appears to be 8.0% in Anaheim.
    So, $15.

• Minion

Actually, the sales tax is a non-issue, as sales tax is only charged on the WDW portion, and as Disney crosses state lines, you would get charged Florida's tax in CA. The difference is sales tax is built into the cost of CA tickets, where FL adds it after the fact. Basically what I am saying is it is the same price regardless....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   

No renewal discount so no incentive to renew early. If there will be a significant gap between expiration and next use, I always tell people to wait. The renewal date will become your starting date for the next 12 months. But, be aware that Disney has been raising prices in May or June and the Premier is only available in person. You can't buy a certificate online and hold it like you can other AP's. Actually, there is no sales tax on DL tickets or any theme park tickets in California. So you only pay the WDW FL apportioned sales tax whether you buy in CA or FL. And the price is $979 plus tax.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

• Under that tree again!

Premier passes are neither a DLR AP or WDW AP. That is why you can't get a resorts renewal discount. Also Tax is 1/2 FL sales tax as it's estimated it's only used half the time in Florida and half in California where there is no tax on park admissions. That means expect 3.25% tax on the pass.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Thank you very much all.