Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• formerly very helpful

Re: An alternate use for the lagoon

Using omnimover technology, have an underwater attraction that focuses on the futuristic possibilities of ocean exploration and utilization, such as the types hinted at at Epcot. There are so many possibilities for an underwater attraction for Tomorrowland, if they would just consider new ideas outside of the box.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Using omnimover technology, have an underwater attraction that focuses on the futuristic possibilities of ocean exploration and utilization
    You mean.. Seabase Alpha?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

How does everyone feel about putting 20,000 Leagues back in the Lagoon, but the Tokyo Disney Sea Version. Or a hybrid of Aquatopia and 20,000 Leagues altogether.
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Using omnimover technology, have an underwater attraction that focuses on the futuristic possibilities of ocean exploration and utilization, such as the types hinted at at Epcot. There are so many possibilities for an underwater attraction for Tomorrowland, if they would just consider new ideas outside of the box.
    This is what I've been preaching. Put a little "tomorrow" back into Tomorrowland. I would love to see Disney prove that they have what it takes to keep up with the theme of Tomorrowland. Putting anything Star Wars related there I feel is a cop out that illustrates their lack of vision and creativity. It would serve much better in DCA and would brilliantly attach to the other side of the current Carsland background landscape.

Where Autopia is concerned, I agree with some of the others posting... putting in state-of-the-art vehicles that run on clean energy from the sun would be fabulous. I think it's an important, and exciting attraction for children. Getting to drive your own car for the first time, in a normal capacity, is a thrill!

I also think keeping the lagoon is extremely important. If you imagine a show building there the overall feeling of congestion increases 100 fold. The lagoon is extremely aesthetically pleasing and makes you feel some wide open spaces where none actually exist.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You mean.. Seabase Alpha?
    Yes, and no. I loved the original The Living Seas, and Seabase Alpha, but they could take the ideas presented in that pavilion and use them in new and innovative ways. I picture an actual "tour" through a future ocean where your vehicle takes you through underwater cities, and kelp farms and such. Not a literal copy of the Epcot attraction.

• Not the Hawkguy

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    This is what I've been preaching. Put a little "tomorrow" back into Tomorrowland. I would love to see Disney prove that they have what it takes to keep up with the theme of Tomorrowland. Putting anything Star Wars related there I feel is a cop out that illustrates their lack of vision and creativity. It would serve much better in DCA and would brilliantly attach to the other side of the current Carsland background landscape.
    The only thing I don't agree what you said is this section. There's an argument on whether or not Star Wars belongs in Tomorrowland, but it really has no business being in DCA.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    The only thing I don't agree what you said is this section. There's an argument on whether or not Star Wars belongs in Tomorrowland, but it really has no business being in DCA.
    I second that notion, please don't bring Star Wars to DCA
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123