Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Not the news I was looking forward too. And thank you for your post. It has saved us from a big headache for that particular weekend.

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Not the news I was looking forward too. And thank you for your post. It has saved us from a big headache for that particular weekend.
    You're very welcome.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    476

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    I definitely had a different experience than most. I was there last year for four days on a Grad Nite week, two days of Grad Nite, two days without. The two least busy days were a Grad Nite day and a Friday, and the only bad behavior I saw was from adults and not teens.

  4. #19

    • The doctor is in
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,653

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    I definitely had a different experience than most. I was there last year for four days on a Grad Nite week, two days of Grad Nite, two days without. The two least busy days were a Grad Nite day and a Friday, and the only bad behavior I saw was from adults and not teens.
    It probably depends on which schools you experience. I don't know what schools were celebrating the days I was in the park, but they made zoo animals look calm.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.












  5. #20

    • Not the Hawkguy
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    824

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    That's the way it should be. My #1 complaint was the fact that the kids were able to run wild through the parks all day and night. My mom had Grad Night when she was a teenager and she said they would close the park at 6 or 7 at night and they'd have it to themselves until dawn.
    Wait, is that not how it's done anymore? I had my Grad Night about 6 years ago and we got in at 8, and stayed until 5 in the morning.

  6. #21

    • Foolish Mortal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    21.3 miles west of DL
    Posts
    733

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    The warning is very much appreciated. Will avoid those nights like the plague.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldMissingPants View Post
    Went on a Grad Nite last year, never again...
    That.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Same here. There were three of them during my week in the park.

    I now refuse to go in May or June. Worst trip I have ever had.
    And this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    Definitely not pleasant times to go to the park. Thanks for posting the dates so I can avoid going. Yikes!
    And that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Same here. Never. Ever. Again. I really wish they would stop doing the mix-ins and go back to the old way where the kids had the park to themselves.
    Can I get an amen!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillchat View Post
    You can't pay me enough to attend the parks on a Grad Night!
    Sames!

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    We've experienced a few kinks in this whole mix-in grad nights. My significant other and I were taking in the whole environment in FantasyLand. Some of the youngin's were making jokes at our expensive. I wish I could've said something to them, but I didn't want to have to get ejected from the Park for brawling (HAHA). To top things off, they let a few more of their annoying friends cut in line. So, we had to deal with them.
    I was going to snitch, but I didn't want any problems outside of Disneyland (you never know).

    Other than that, World of Disney was empty. Not too sure, I'm assuming people were avoiding the park all together. We had a pleasant experience in the store without the foot traffic. We had time to actually look at all the merchandise hits and misses.

  8. #23

    • The doctor is in
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,653

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Nirya View Post
    Wait, is that not how it's done anymore? I had my Grad Night about 6 years ago and we got in at 8, and stayed until 5 in the morning.
    No. They are letting the kids in all day and then closing off parts of DCA early so they can have their celebrations inside the park. Each night I experienced they closed off Hollywood Land first and then closed the rest of the park an hour or two later. Instead of giving the grads Disneyland they are giving them DCA.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.












  9. #24

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,496

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    No. They are letting the kids in all day and then closing off parts of DCA early so they can have their celebrations inside the park. Each night I experienced they closed off Hollywood Land first and then closed the rest of the park an hour or two later. Instead of giving the grads Disneyland they are giving them DCA.
    To clear that up a bit.

    Grads receive a day's park hopper with their party. Depending on the locations of the schools and what part of the year they show up when they can. In May they arrive later in the day. In June earlier because they don't have class anymore to attend first.

    The party had once been said to go from one park to the other every other year, but since it moved back to DCA last year, it will be in DCA again this year. Who knows if it will really switch back to DL in the future?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  10. #25

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    thanks for posting this. I didn't realize how obnoxious teenagers are until I went during those days last year 2013 with my family.

  11. #26

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    27

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    That's the way it should be. My #1 complaint was the fact that the kids were able to run wild through the parks all day and night. My mom had Grad Night when she was a teenager and she said they would close the park at 6 or 7 at night and they'd have it to themselves until dawn.
    how do they do it now? My grad night was june 1999. And we get in around 8pm and had the park to ourselves until dawn.

  12. #27

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,496

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelBad View Post
    how do they do it now? My grad night was june 1999. And we get in around 8pm and had the park to ourselves until dawn.
    You get a park hopper enter either park any time of day. At 11 pm you get DCA to yourselves. Party goes until 3.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  13. #28

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,369

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spanky View Post
    Maybe someone else has posted this, but I just looked it up.

    For those of us (like me) who would prefer to avoid the possible chaos of Grad Nights:
    Grad Nights at Disneyland

    2014 Grad Nite Dates
    May 16th
    May 17th
    May 21st
    May 22nd
    May 24th
    May 28th
    May 30th
    May 31st
    June 4th
    June 6th
    June 7th
    June 10th
    June 11th
    June 13th
    June 14th
    June 18th
    June 19th

    Sometimes I've been and it didn't seem too bad, even kind of enjoyed seeing all the HS graduates having a good time, other times it's been incredibly crowded, loud, and chaotic. I'll always remember the first Grad night that took us unawares. It was before the new front entrance was constructed at DCA, and everyone was being filtered out the temporary exit before California Soarin'. It was a mad mob scene, and took forever just to exit the park.

    Any change to these dates?
    Trying to plan a pre-summer trip with out-of-state family and would very much like to avoid the mess we endured last year.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

  14. #29

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,496

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Any change to these dates?
    Trying to plan a pre-summer trip with out-of-state family and would very much like to avoid the mess we endured last year.

    I have not seen evidence that they have added any dates. They still have availability for 12 of those nights. As we are in Spring Break now a lot of students will change their focus to summer and graduation. The parties will start maxing out and then maybe they will add more. It's a small possibility but it has happened.


    Major Update:
    Parties are now reported by Disney to go 10-2 not 11-3. This means shorter hours for regular guests and party goers unless the parks also open an hour early in the morning..
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 04-01-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  15. #30

    • Greetings, Program!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,369

    Re: Grad Nights 2014

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    .


    Major Update:
    Parties are now reported by Disney to go 10-2 not 11-3. This means shorter hours for regular guests and party goers unless the parks also open an hour early in the morning..
    oh......joy
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

    AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Grad Nights
    By abarry90 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
  2. Grad Nights in May
    By disneyking in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
  3. GRAD Nights?
    By ProfGriffin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 01:56 PM
  4. When Are Grad Nights This Year?
    By PanTheMan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
  5. Grad Nights
    By lovegrumpy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 12:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •