Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Grad Nights 2014

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Major Update:
    Parties are now reported by Disney to go 10-2 not 11-3. This means shorter hours for regular guests and party goers unless the parks also open an hour early in the morning..
    Blah. The only plus side I can see to this is that it's easier for the CM's. Working till 4-5 in the morning is ​exhausting.

• Disney Obsessed

Also the mornings might be a bit slower those days... I'm chaperoning an az group and we won't get there till 3/4 in the afternoon!! And earlier in this post someone said Cali schools won't be out of classes yet... So at least you'll have your nice mornings? I'll be on a bus asking the driver "are we there yet" haha

We went May last yr & was fine. This yr I looked up dates but wherever I saw thrn they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CSei2011 View Post
    Also the mornings might be a bit slower those days... I'm chaperoning an az group and we won't get there till 3/4 in the afternoon!! And earlier in this post someone said Cali schools won't be out of classes yet... So at least you'll have your nice mornings? I'll be on a bus asking the driver "are we there yet" haha
    More California districts are adjusting their calendars to start earlier and end the year before Memorial Day. I'm in charge of my school's trip and we are going on the 16th. I've been doing Grad Night for 4 years now and I will say I did not enjoy it as much with it being at California Adventure as I did when it was in Disneyland. There's less things to do in DCA for the lines end up being HUGE. When it was at DL I could at least go on more rides. And the chaperone area doesn't have as many power outlets in DCA lol.

Greeeeaaattt. taking my 4 year-old and there's nothing I can do about these dates. Someone earlier on the thread mentioned dates being sold out; how does one go about finding out what dates are sold out; just curious if the days I am going in May will be as bad as advertised.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by bingocimo View Post
    Greeeeaaattt. taking my 4 year-old and there's nothing I can do about these dates. Someone earlier on the thread mentioned dates being sold out; how does one go about finding out what dates are sold out; just curious if the days I am going in May will be as bad as advertised.
    All dates minus what's left is what sold out.

Crowds due to Grads is not a functions of how many tickets were sold. It more closely relates to how late in the school year it is. The regular guests and Grads are integrated during the day. It takes longer for a bus to get from Fresno to the parks than Long Beach. Grads can leave school or stay up into the nights as easily on a Thursday in May as they can on a Friday in June. It depends on how early in the day the grads arrive.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Just trying to get an idea if the days I am planning on going are sold out dates for the grads. Anticipating whether there will be a max grad crowd.

As long as nothing interrupts the kids enjoyment of the park, we'll be fine.

• Under that tree again!

When are you going?

I need to get dinner going but will be happy to check out what nights are sold out so far, a little later.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have been there during Grad nights, and it looks like my next vacation coincides with Grad Nights again.

I loved the weather during that time of year, and hopefully Magical will be running. I loved that fireworks show when I last saw it.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• Under that tree again!

May

June

Above are sold out.

Below are
    Be Cool Stay in School!

i am completely unfamiliar with Grad Nights so forgive me for this. i'm going in June and 2 of my 3 days are grad nights. as i understand the kids get DCA to themselves after hours. i assume that means Disneyland's hours are completely unaffected?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Corn View Post
    i am completely unfamiliar with Grad Nights so forgive me for this. i'm going in June and 2 of my 3 days are grad nights. as i understand the kids get DCA to themselves after hours. i assume that means Disneyland's hours are completely unaffected?
    That is correct. DCA will for the Grad Party that starts at 10pm, all other guests will be ushered out before then. DL will operate as usual.

The grads do get a park hopper to use all day. They show up through out the day, so become a bigger presence as the day progresses. They gravitate towards the bigger, thrilling rides. So make use of FP, hit E ticket attractions early. Save the slower rides for later since those lines won't be full of grads. If DL is open late it should be calm after 10, so you can sneak in some but attractions after that.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    May

June

Above are sold out.

Below are
    Thanks for the info and the advice. do they have fireworks later in the evening for the grad nights?

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Corn View Post
    My sympathies.

Disneyland's hours remain normal, but DCA will close early as the Grad Night festivities are held in that park.
    However, as mentioned before, the kids are now receiving park hopper passes so they are in both parks throughout the day. Prepare for some level of vulgarity, rudeness, loud screaming, line cutting, longer lines, and crowds.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

• Tiki Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by drfink View Post
    my sympathies.

Disneyland's hours remain normal, but dca will close early as the grad night festivities are held in that park.
    However, as mentioned before, the kids are now receiving park hopper passes so they are in both parks throughout the day. Prepare for some level of vulgarity, rudeness, loud screaming, line cutting, longer lines, and crowds.
    this!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast