View Poll Results: Wouls you be interested in a "Disneyland... Sunshine Saturdays" Movie sequel

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 72.73%
  • No

2 18.18%
  • Maybe

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Here's a link to 3 minute preview of the film, Disneyland... Sunshine Saturdays

Please take a few minutes to watch a preview of the movie, Disneyland... Sunshine Saturdays. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_71jpqEurrE

It is a 90 minute collection of about 100 home movie scenes taken by guests in the 1950's to about 1980. Please know that this is an item that can be purchased elsewhere on the internet. The preview is 100% free, so please enjoy! More on this later. Thanks from your friend, notquitecanadian
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: Here's a link to 3 minute preview of the film, Disneyland... Sunshine Saturdays

I am certainly interested in it. Looked up the price of a DVD on Amazon with the price being around $20 with $4 in shipping and it's quite a nice price for 90 minutes of vintage footage.

I would also be interested in purchasing a sequel with home footage of Disneyland from the 90's to 2010's. And maybe as a third disc an HD walk around the park exploring all the nooks, crannies, attraction and what not. Sometimes we always say to ourselves that there just wasn't enough footage of the Disneyland Park back then. So perhaps an HD walk around the park for a few solid hours would be a real treat to people 50 years from now wanting to know what Disneyland was like 50 years ago, much like how we look back at Disneyland 50 years ago...

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Re: Here's a link to 3 minute preview of the film, Disneyland... Sunshine Saturdays

Wow, thanks for your kind and encouraging words. I have a ton of footage that is outsourced for digitalization, though some of it is damaged and will take a while. I hope to put out a SoCal video with a little Disneyland, too. I have a nice clip of POP. It means so much to me personally to see any film from Disneyland. I am very glad that most of the movie-takers read some sort of how-to manual to take such nice photos.

• Artistic integrity

Before I even clicked on the link .. the title Sunshine Saturday .. made me think of another song that would be placed in the background of this DL Compilation.

And when you listen to the lyrics ... they are just so appropriate for a day at Disneyland:

I think i'll go for a walk outside now
    the summer sun's callin my name
    i just can't stay inside all day
    i gotta get out get me some of those rays
    everybody's smilin
    sunshine day
    everybody's laughin
    sunshine day
    everybody seems so happy today
    it's a sunshine day

And btw ... that's a wonderful compilation. Great work!!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 01-16-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Believe it or not, there happens to be a very sentimental song that I was drawing from to reflect the movie. I'll post it someday. However the Brady Bunch song is always a winner

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by notquitecanadian View Post
    However the Brady Bunch song is always a winner
    As you know .. my post was meant humorously. The beat of the song, would be too fast, which would require faster editing. And if this is meant for sale ... I imagine Paramount Studios Legal department would not be such a "sunshine day" to deal with. LOL
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Thank you for sharing! The footage is fantastic! My first trip to DL was in the late 80's so getting to see what it looked like prior to that is special to me!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Minion

I would definitely buy this, no doubt. Than you for sharing.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Disneymom

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Before I even clicked on the link .. the title Sunshine Saturday .. made me think of another song that would be placed in the background of this DL Compilation.

And when you listen to the lyrics ... they are just so appropriate for a day at Disneyland:

I think i'll go for a walk outside now
    the summer sun's callin my name
    i just can't stay inside all day
    i gotta get out get me some of those rays
    everybody's smilin
    sunshine day
    everybody's laughin
    sunshine day
    everybody seems so happy today
    it's a sunshine day

And btw ... that's a wonderful compilation. Great work!!
    Admit it, you all sang this just like the Brady Bunch. Am I right?

• Disneymom

My grandson loves the sing along called Disneyland Fun and another video called a Disneyland A Day at the Happiest Place on Earth. He watches them over and over again and he is only 20 months. We took him there this past June. I wish they would make a newer updated movie with live character in the park like these two videos. He loves seeing the park for real. I think remembers our trip more a because he sees the park in the movies.

If I ever decide to create another version of this in Malaysia under an alias and sell the video just south of the Mexican border, I might consider adding the song lol.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Disneyland Sunshine Saturdays looks great. Oh, the memories!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Thanks for the kind words. My first visit was back in '66. Its hard to describe the fantastically wonderful first impression I had of the park. I would almost prefer that version of the park to today's but then came Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and the rest, so I would have to underscore that word "almost". I did get into trouble on my first visit when I kicked the Big, Bad, Wolf character, thinking he was a bad guy, who then told it all to my dad.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    I am certainly interested in it. Looked up the price of a DVD on Amazon with the price being around $20 with $4 in shipping and it's quite a nice price for 90 minutes of vintage footage.

I would also be interested in purchasing a sequel with home footage of Disneyland from the 90's to 2010's. And maybe as a third disc an HD walk around the park exploring all the nooks, crannies, attraction and what not. Sometimes we always say to ourselves that there just wasn't enough footage of the Disneyland Park back then. So perhaps an HD walk around the park for a few solid hours would be a real treat to people 50 years from now wanting to know what Disneyland was like 50 years ago, much like how we look back at Disneyland 50 years ago...
    [HD] COMPLETE SMOOTH STEADY Walking Tour of Disneyland 2013 - Disney Side 2014 - YouTube
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by notquitecanadian View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. My first visit was back in '66. Its hard to describe the fantastically wonderful first impression I had of the park. I would almost prefer that version of the park to today's but then came Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and the rest, so I would have to underscore that word "almost". I did get into trouble on my first visit when I kicked the Big, Bad, Wolf character, thinking he was a bad guy, who then told it all to my dad.
    Poor Ba-a-a-d Wolf!!! Just to be contrary when I was a kid. I paddled the wrong direction. They had Indian scouts in charge heading up each of the canoes back then. I infuriated one of them so much that he grabbed my paddle and sent it soaring into the river. My bad!!! That was what we called Soarin' Over California back then.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast