Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If Disneyland does go the Nostalgia Route for the 60 th what would you like to see ?

Just one off the top of my head I say add some of the country bears to the Splash Mountain show scenes. I see Teddi Barra working really well swinging somewhere in the final show scene for one
    Last edited by mickEblu; 01-16-2014 at 11:47 PM.

• Minion

Re: If Disneyland does go the Nostalgia Route for the 60 th what would you like to se

bring back the MSEP we know all the parts still exist, but for some reason WDW continues to hang on to it, it needs to finally return to its rightful home in Disneyland
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Re: If Disneyland does go the Nostalgia Route for the 60 th what would you like to se

Yes I agree bring it home !!

Bring back the old school trams ( probably wouldn't happen for safety reasons). But seriously how about some throwback ticket booklets, maybe as a souvenir or perhaps functional in some way?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    Bring back the old school trams ( probably wouldn't happen for safety reasons). But seriously how about some throwback ticket booklets, maybe as a souvenir or perhaps functional in some way?
    what if they did it in a way that it was a ticket book souvenir that included 2 fastpasses, and a world of color showpass??

Would anyone else be ok with soundsational going away in favor of something more along the lines of Parade of Dreams??...

I REALLY want to see a new parade that would be LONG, don't put all the princesses together, have a coach for cinderella, float for Ariel, float for Belle and the Beast, keep the current princess float for Rapunzel and Flynn, new float for Snow White AND all 7 dwarfs, maybe a sleigh for Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf, something for Pinocchio, and maybe Dumbo together. and I'd love to see a float for the villains

also this is random, but what the hell happened to the days of pre-parade segments for new movies??'

Oh, and I would really appreciate if they could find a legit way to add the Muppets to a parade (whether in DL or DCA).

And I would love to see a new parade in DCA that isn't only Pixar, just the most popular Pixar franchises (Monsters, Incredibles, Toy Story, Cars), and I'd LOVE if they could have something for Marvel characters and Star Wars in a parade.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Artistic integrity

* I would like to see a Collectable A-B-C-D-E Ticket Book made for today

* A parade centered around attractions that no longer exist.

* Tahitian Terrace returned.

* Some attractions that date back a while - Have CMs dress in their original costumes. For instance - Original 1955 Jungle Cruise costume. Original 1977 Space Mountain costume. Original Mark Twain ... etc.

^^^^
    I think these things are doable. It's not involving heavy new construction. Things that can be put together in a relatively decent amount of time .. between now .. and when the 60th kicks off.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    * I would like to see a Collectable A-B-C-D-E Ticket Book made for today

* A parade centered around attractions that no longer exist.

* Tahitian Terrace returned.

* Some attractions that date back a while - Have CMs dress in their original costumes. For instance - Original 1955 Jungle Cruise costume. Original 1977 Space Mountain costume. Original Mark Twain ... etc.

^^^^
    I think these things are doable. It's not involving heavy new construction. Things that can be put together in a relatively decent amount of time .. between now .. and when the 60th kicks off.
    These are great ideas. Unfortunately, anything I could come up with are complete fantasy, such as bring back People Mover, bring back Golden Horseshoe Revue/Jamboree, scale back fireworks to their pre-gridlock size.

These will never happen.

Same here

• Heavy Breather

-Bring out really obscure characters.

-Play the old music loops

-Old uniforms

-I'd like to see the Barker Bird come back to the Tiki Room.

-In the ongoing discussion of the HBG returning to the HM, I think the 60th would be an appropriate time frame.

@sbk1234

those all sound like great feasible ideas to me.

Astronauts walking around in space suits, those pop-up adventures they did with Indiana Jones in Adventureland, Tom Sawyer fishing on his island and maybe Walt Disney walking down Main Street.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Minion

I would love to see:

-MSEP return
    -Golden Horseshoe Revue
    -Keep Captain EO until the TL overhaul
    -maybe a 10 minute fireworks show vs near 20, or how about bringing back Fantasy in the Sky?
    -mountain climbers permanent (not "limited time")
    -rare/hard to find characters out more regularly along with the normals (not necessarily OLD characters either, Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones, really any male face character apart from Peter Pan and Mad Hatter, Clarabelle, Horace, Dopey & the rest of the dwarfs, ROGER RABBIT)
    -Hatbox Ghost installed in the mansion (we know they have him, why not USE him)
    -Much like how Walt used to go to the parks and make appearances, why not have John Lasseter (the most recognizable corporate level guy to the general public) do something similar
    -re-paint the castle to the classic look again (less pink), same with small world, back to the white with gold look
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Blew By You

Just one thing: get rid of the monster making gridlock fireworks show. It was nice for a little while. That'll make Disneyland feel like its ol' After Dark times instead of 405/101 Freeways gridlock times.

• Former Churro Jockey

I'd love to see them create some kind of virtual ride where you can experience old rides like Inner Space or watch the Country Bear Jamboree. It doesn't need to be a simulator, just a temporary theater would be nice. The only problem is whether Disney has (or kept) full flow-through videos of any of their old rides.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Quote Originally Posted by mickEblu View Post
    Just one off the top of my head I say add some of the country bears to the Splash Mountain show scenes. I see Teddi Barra working really well swinging somewhere in the final show scene for one
    How about elimination of the daily pass and return of the book of tickets, A thru E.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast