Vacationeer Travels

Hi

I have been looking extensively on the internet for ticket deals and found this site to be the cheapest so far.

Question: is this a legitimate company? Has anyone used them?

They are the only one that states that world of color fastpass is part of the ticket. Maybe all tickets have that option or is this a good option they are including?

Your advice is much appreciated!

Re: Vacationeer Travels

Tough call... they appear to be legitimate, however, the way they have worded the offer is a bit 'sketchy'...

I've NEVER heard of a park ticket (or ticket package) that includes Fastpass to any ride, including World of Color. They make it sound like you get this special Fastpass that you can use without limitation. I'm skeptical of this.

My gut feeling is that, the ticket package is legitimate, but the vendor is incorrectly advertising the Fastpass and World of Color. Perhaps not even intentionally. It's possible that they have never been to Disneyland, and don't fully understand the Fastpass system.

They aren't necessarily lying, when they say that the tickets include Fastpass / World of Color, because those things are available to everyone who enters the park, but you have to go physically get a Fastpass for each ride, and there are time limitations on each one. The website makes it sound like you get some special Fastpass that has unlimited use... which I believe is falsely advertised.

Here's an excerpt from their website offer, if anyone else cares to review and comment:

FASTPASS: This comes with every ticket purchased and allows your to skip the main lines for many of the bigger attractions in each Park. FASTPASS comes ON the ticket(s) and is not separate.

World
    of Color: This is included with each ticket and allows you to receive one World of Color Fastpass per ticket to one showing each night in Disney California Adventure Park. World of Color comes ON the ticket(s) and is not separate.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    Tough call... they appear to be legitimate, however, the way they have worded the offer is a bit 'sketchy'...

I've NEVER heard of a park ticket (or ticket package) that includes Fastpass to any ride, including World of Color. They make it sound like you get this special Fastpass that you can use without limitation. I'm skeptical of this.

My gut feeling is that, the ticket package is legitimate, but the vendor is incorrectly advertising the Fastpass and World of Color. Perhaps not even intentionally. It's possible that they have never been to Disneyland, and don't fully understand the Fastpass system.

They aren't necessarily lying, when they say that the tickets include Fastpass / World of Color, because those things are available to everyone who enters the park, but you have to go physically get a Fastpass for each ride, and there are time limitations on each one. The website makes it sound like you get some special Fastpass that has unlimited use... which I believe is falsely advertised.

Here's an excerpt from their website offer, if anyone else cares to review and comment:

FASTPASS: This comes with every ticket purchased and allows your to skip the main lines for many of the bigger attractions in each Park. FASTPASS comes ON the ticket(s) and is not separate.

World
    of Color: This is included with each ticket and allows you to receive one World of Color Fastpass per ticket to one showing each night in Disney California Adventure Park. World of Color comes ON the ticket(s) and is not separate.

It certainly is worded poorly. I suggest that OP google the company and see if there are reviews or complaints. I'd also call them as ask them to explain exactly what the tickets you buy from them 'do' that tickets bought elsewhere 'don't do' without leading them to what we know to be correct. That every ticket allows you to pull FP, that there is no ticket that has 'special' FP capability (i.e. only one FP at a time, no multiple FP pulling), that the ticket itself is NOT a FP for rides OR WoC. If they alleged differently, I wouldn't buy from them.

I also think that saying that FP allows you to 'skip the line' is very poorly worded. FP is not a 'skip the line' ticket, just allows you to wait in a shorter line. Not sure if it's poor wording or deliberate mis-leading.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

What kind of sketches me out is the wording for both the Fastpass and WOC- they "come ON the ticket(s) and is not separate."

Unless i've missed something in the last year or so, aren't all FP's (even for WOC) still a separate, physical ticket?
    Last edited by XxBellaThornxX; 01-17-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Missed a word!

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

The red flag for me is the word vacationer, this is the first time I have seen that word. so I went searching. this is run out of a garage, has no BBB endorsement and you cannot click on to any of their headings on their website. I understand that is a facebook page and not an actual web site. I would do some more homework, my bigger question tough, is how do folks gather these tickets and resale them??

• Singing Drinker

I kinda get the feeling they're trying to make it sound like THEY have the FP line, and that it's a selling point for *their* package somehow not available to every other ticketholder at the park that day.

It's the wording -
    This comes with every ticket purchased and allows your to skip the main lines for many of the bigger attractions in each Park. FASTPASS comes ON the ticket(s) and is not separate.
    That's a passable though potentially misleading description of the FP program. You can use it if you have any sort of ticket media (i.e., you're in the park and didn't hop a fence), it allows you to use the FP line to skip standby, and it's something that is inherent in the tickets (unless I've REALLY missed something, Disney does NOT offer FP-free admission media).

Sadly the misleading language makes me really think "scam". They're offering basic admission and trying to dress it up as something larger.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    The red flag for me is the word vacationer, this is the first time I have seen that word. so I went searching. this is run out of a garage, has no BBB endorsement and you cannot click on to any of their headings on their website. I understand that is a facebook page and not an actual web site. I would do some more homework, my bigger question tough, is how do folks gather these tickets and resale them??

My understanding is that sale of Disney tickets is regulated by Disney. Disney signs agreements and in turn you become an 'authorized seller' or words of that nature. In their website's FAQ they indicate that they ARE 'authorized', but anyone can say that, I guess. It appears that they are selling tickets for between $8-$14 less than Disney. I didn't check to see if they charged 'handling'. To me, it's not worth the worry to save such a puny amount.

Their website is kinda riddled with grammatical errors and poorly worded explanations. I'd hazard that either they didn't pay close attention in English class or that English is not their first language.

If it was me, I'd give it a pass.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Here's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    If it was me, I'd give it a pass.
    agreed, the "savings" aren't worth the grief of getting ripped off
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Thank you for all the advice! I will probably just buy from Disney!

I just got back from Disneyland last week and used Vacationeer Travels for my tickets after finding them on Disney Tourist Blog. All their tickets come through Expedia but are discounted. I called them with the same questions you all had and they explained that they are selling authorized tickets because they have a contract with Expedia who is contracted with Disney. Basically they are selling legitimate tickets. I also asked them about the FP and WOC thing because I was really confused after reading it. They explained that they've worded it that way because many people who are going for the first time think that the services are separate and an additional cost. They were just trying to say that the service comes on the ticket and it not separate. Although I can understand where they are coming from, I still think they should change it.

The owner, Dean, is extremely nice though and answered all my questions. They run their business out of their home (saying it's a garage business sounds demeaning, everyone has to start somewhere). I would use again, they saved me $60 total on my tickets. You do have to redeem them at a Box Office first.

• Meh

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post

World

Seems like they are just trying to convince you to buy their ticket rather than someone else's. ANY ticket or annual pass allows you to get a fastpass and WoC pass when you get to the park. Your gut feeling is on the money, they just used choice words to make it seem like you're getting something extra.

• Tom Bricker

I can vouch for them as being legit. The wording on their site is just a bit...awkward...but apparently that's in response to common questions they've received.

I guess it's important to remember that not everyone planning a Disney trip is as 'in the know' as people who frequent Disney forums. I'm regularly asked questions with answers that I think are patently obvious, but the frequency of these same questions would suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind Tricks View Post
    Seems like they are just trying to convince you to buy their ticket rather than someone else's. ANY ticket or annual pass allows you to get a fastpass and WoC pass when you get to the park. Your gut feeling is on the money, they just used choice words to make it seem like you're getting something extra.
    Just FYI, it looks as though they caught wind of this and have now updated their ticket pages to refer people to the official Disneyland websites for Fastpass and World of Color.

PS, Tom you have a fantastic website. Thanks for all the help!